Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you eat yours?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

well....drink really.

Just interested in how people drink their coffee or tea.

I mostly drink coffee. Mug. Strong. Small amount of milk (preferably steamed or microwaved at least). One sugar (or sweetener).

For tea: Strong, hot, dribble of milk. I like barrys gold blend. We use leaves for the most part (bag if only one of us is having tea).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I drink my tea in the largest mug I can find, very strong and with a small bit of milk. It's gotta be about this colour;): 20070810085337.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Coffee ... am ... espresso / double espresso / espresso con panna / cappuccino / latté / french press / vac pot / moka pot

Obviously the cappucino and latté have milk, and the espresso con panna has cream. Otherwise I never use milk or sugar with my coffee.

With regards tea - standard black tea - take between one and two spoons of sugar, depending on the size of the cup / mug - and a generous dollop of milk. Used to like my tea weak, but have grown to prefer it strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

At home I take my coffee as espresso with no sugar (obviously no milk), in work it's a plunger, dash of milk and again no sugar.

Tea is always Bewleys Breakfast tea (loose), dash of milk and never sugar.

I find sugar compromises the taste of tea or coffee....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Neither milk nor sugar in Coffee or Tea for me, simply black (unless it's a latte etc.).

I mainly drink espresso.

Don't like my tea too strong, I find the taste gets distorted if it's over-extracted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Espresso or longer, a bit of sugar if it's short but NEVER milk.
    Don't do any type of milky coffee.
    Sometimes feel as though I'm missing out but hate cappuccinos etc

Tea very weak with literally a drop of milk or else black.

Not a milky boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Tea. Big mug, strong, squeese bejesus out of teabag for a while. 2 sugars. and a small bit of milk. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Not a coffee man, but jesus i couldnt live without tea, or to give it its county limerick pronunciation....tae. No such thing as a cup of tea for me, its a huge oversized Mrs Doyle MUG of tea, decent amount of milk and off the sugar so its one of those sweetner thingys. And oh yes i give the teabag a good squeeze too.....actually knew a person once who would turn her nose up in disgust at a cup of tea i would make, if i squeezed the teabag, apparently you could "taste the sediment off it". Snob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

tea - bout half cup of water, dip the bag in for a second, then fill to the top with milk. disgusts everyone who sees me do it but tastes loverly

coffee - strong and black

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Tea Strong and Milky, Sometimes I leave the teabag in the cup!!

Coffee Strong and Milky sometimes I like Sugar like after a meal or that. In work I can do with sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Tea: usually a strong brew with milk and a spoon and a half of sugar using barrys gold blend tea bags, though often using loose gold blend with a spoon of lappsang souchong thrown in for good measure

Coffee: when out and about i'd drink lattes, at home it's usually regular press pot coffee though if i have time i fire up the moka and make espresso* and often make my own lattes.

* yes. i know... the moka doesn't make a true espresso, but i'm a poor student

• Advertisement
Advertisement