Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox dvd drive on the way out

• 28-05-2008 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

As the title says for the last few months my dvd drive has been on the blink - it won't eject the dvd's when it was standing vertical, so I put it horizontial and it worked for a few months, but now it wont eject when horizontial... so is pretty useless.

When MS extended the warrenty for 3 years due to 3ROD - was this purely to cover the 3ROD or was it for the whole console ? As I know this is a common issue with the 360, but would like to know if MS are covering this under the warrnety, before I try and talk to thier support fools.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

DVD Drives arnt covered under the 3 year warrenty, just the red lights are afaik...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Ya only the 3 red ring is part of the 3 year cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Apparently you can force the 3RROD error using some sort of towel trick and this will get you xbox repaired or replaced....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

neacy69 wrote: »
    Apparently you can force the 3RROD error using some sort of towel trick and this will get you xbox repaired or replaced....

Thats trick stops the rrod for a period
    How ever i have heard that covering the vents with duct tape can help rrod along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Like everyone else says, it's 3 years warranty for RROD.

Everything else, however, is 2 years. I thought it was only 1 year like in the UK, but 2 years in Ireland. I got my disc drive replaced last month, and I have my 360 since December 2006.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Thanks for the replies - mines a launch day console - which was replaced about a year ago due to 3ROD.

Looks like I will have to shell out the cash for a replacement drive !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Can i have the old one! :p Laser is shagged on mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

I don't see why not - let me get my drive replacement first - if it goes back to MS thou - they won't return my old drive I guess ? just bang in a new one.

Advertisement