Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is there undesirables on the xboxlive network

• 28-05-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

hi this is probley nothing but i feel it a bit strange , a freind of mine is on the 360 im on the ps3 he rang me last night to say he got invited to take part in a football tournament by another user , but heres the funny bit he was told to go to a web site which i have the name of to get a TAG and register now this site has nothing to do with xboxlive or anything to do with online play , i was just wondering is this a bit out of the ordinary as my mate said this user had no games played and no history can some one fill me in on this , id put the name of the site up no probs but if its suspect i dont know what the rules are about that, id love to get to the bottom of this as its a worry if were being fished or what ever you call it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There are undesirables on every network.

However, all you need to do is go to that users profile and report abuse. Its about 2 clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

ok thanks yes i know there on every network , i wasnt having a go ,360 is all good, so you think this bloke was up to somting,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I would imagine there are more of them on XboxLive then other similar networks due to the larger number of users (over PSN for example) and also that on the Wii network you cannot send a message or invite or anything of the sort unless both have exchanged codes.

In fairless, MS have made it very easy to flag profiles or report abuse which, if people use will at least keep it to a minimum. I dont know what the Playstation Network is like as I dont have a PS3 yet (Waiting for a cure for aids first).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Maybe if you post the details of the tournament and the the site we could give you some more help?

im not sure what the rule are of posting web site that are suspect ,it is pure dodgey so id take it the site is bogus, ill send it private if you like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

new way of advertising id say.. through consoles

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

It could be a tournament website you never know
    I'm not saying register but you gotta think about it clans do have websites too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was getting mails as well for R6:2 Las Vegas..bloody pain in the ass..bad enough getting spam on my pc without my xbox getting it as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

plenty of undesirables on it.Mainly American. Just play Halo for a bit and you'll see what I mean.

is this the same with ps3 im online a few months now and dont seem to have a problem, i guess its only a matter of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

almanu wrote: »
    hi this is probley nothing but i feel it a bit strange , a freind of mine is on the 360 im on the ps3 he rang me last night to say he got invited to take part in a football tournament by another user , but heres the funny bit he was told to go to a web site which i have the name of to get a TAG and register now this site has nothing to do with xboxlive or anything to do with online play , i was just wondering is this a bit out of the ordinary as my mate said this user had no games played and no history can some one fill me in on this , id put the name of the site up no probs but if its suspect i dont know what the rules are about that, id love to get to the bottom of this as its a worry if were being fished or what ever you call it.

It could be perfectly legit, for instance my clan has a tag that we use only as a list of members for potential new recruits, so it has no games played.
    And I reguarly get invites from people on my friends list about tournaments, one's that I know are real.
    So it quite easily could be a clan or tournament, though obviously not official.

Advertisement