Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good places to go on a date!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Go on a nice long hike in the Dublin / Wicklow mountains. Great to get out into the fresh air, bring the dog (or someone else's dog) for some more craic and finish it off with a nice cool pint in the local pub! Tiring but good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

How about going bowling OP? It's great craic for a date -isn't weather dependant, dont have to teeter around in high shoes, not too expensive -plus gives a good talking point so no awkward silences and plenty of opportunities for a bit of "show me again how to do it" body contact ;)

Have a great time whatever you choose -and let us know how ya get on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

jsb wrote: »
    depending on the weather you could go on a open top bus ride around dublin and be tourists for a day

There's a new one on the green - an eco friendly one!!!

It's a double decker open top carriage drawn by 2 horses

Looks very rose mantic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Orlee wrote: »
    There's a new one on the green - an eco friendly one!!!

It's a double decker open top carriage drawn by 2 horses

Looks very rose mantic ;)

http://www.victoriancarriagecompany.com/home/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

-1 for the zoo, I hate the place, I'd pick no date at all over a date at the zoo!

+1 for picnics though, they're relaxing and cheap and you can just hang out and chat or play frisbee or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Yep went to the zoo the other day and it was great. We tried on a sunday and the que was about 1.5 - 2 hours long. Tried again on a weekday and walked straight in. Oh and bring your own food with you. Save you money and queing for crappy food.

And the baby elephant rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Things like ice skating, art exhibitions, IFI isn't bad, christmas market in the IFSC isn't bad (hmm to mulled wine :))...

got to love when the guy puts some effort into the dates and it's not just a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

51471_1.jpg

Bring a picnic.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Big date coming up Rigger?

A Rigger never tells....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The-Rigger wrote: »
    A Rigger never tells....

Would have thought you'd pick more along the lines of a horse farm... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Would have thought you'd pick more along the lines of a horse farm... :pac:

His date would get no attention if they went there!

Both reported for personal abusivenessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Both reported for personal abusivenessness.

Reported for Animal(horse) abusivenessness? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Aw, cheer up Riggermarole! *hands you a pony

OT: I like breakfast dates. Some McDonald's pancakes at 7am ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭runningman

The International Comedy club on Wicklow St is a great spot for a date - its only a tenner in and the show last 2 - 2 and a half hours. Some new and veteran comedians there every week.

+ 1 million for the zoo - savage place to go on a date!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Any ideas in Galway? Set up another thread but was locked...don't want to do the whole dinner & drinks thing, we'll need lots of chatting time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

xzanti wrote: »
    -1 for the Zoo.. Fcuking hate the place, it's a big spread out load of nothing, animals were all asleep last 2 times I went.. Overpriced and overrated IMHO..

Went two months ago and I was so bored and so was the guy we left and went to Howth and had a better time. I would say Howth or concert:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I say go for the zoo, I'd went there on a date and it was class, defo something different :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Any ideas in Galway? Set up another thread but was locked...don't want to do the whole dinner & drinks thing, we'll need lots of chatting time!

Late(ish) nite hot chocolate/coffee and muffins in Javas

Or Cocktails in the G!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Check out any of the art galleries and musems, plenty to look at and talk about and fives the chance to talk to each other and then coffee.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Late(ish) nite hot chocolate/coffee and muffins in Javas

is there somewhere like this in Dublin?? used to be able to go for late nite coffee in Tribes when living in Cork and really miss it!! Always made a great starter date!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Javas is in Galway, brill idea, cheers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Javas is in Galway, brill idea, cheers!!!

Cocktails in the G works well also, its usually very quiet and plenty of space so nice and private, and dare i say it, intimate!!

They also do morning coffee for two which is lovely apparently, so that could work, or theres the afternoon tea which i've heard is lovely.

Javas can be a crusty and/or teen fest sometimes but if its quiet its ideal!!

Advertisement