Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a dog

Options
  • 28-05-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I was wondering is there a pound on killarney?
    I'm looking for a dog for my son,I live in Tralee but the pound there said they had nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Theis is no pound in Killarney anyways

Have you tried the Animal Rescue Centre in Tralee ... their is one near the junction near Mercy Mounthawk in Tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Strange that the pound in tralee had nothing,i would have thought they would have had a good few dogs looking for homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Have you tried the Animal Rescue Centre in Tralee ... their is one near the junction near Mercy Mounthawk in Tralee
    is it near the mart?

Strange that the pound in tralee had nothing,i would have thought they would have had a good few dogs looking for homes?

they said they "might" have some on wednesday or thursday!

• Advertisement

is it near the mart?

yeah near the mart in mounthawk ... near Mercy Mounthawk turn right at the junction and it's on your left

they said they "might" have some on wednesday or thursday!

that's a strange attitude by them :rolleyes: but i suppose it's good in a sense that their may not be too many dogs there needing homes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭phormium

What type you looking for, big? small?

I know someone who is looking to rehome their dog, quite young, biggish though, used to children. They dont really have the time to mind it properly but dont want it to hand it into pound as they wouldnt like to see it put down, would prefer it to go to good home.

we not fussy as long as he is good with kids,you hear of so many dogs getting put down all the time and I just want to give one a happy home!

kerry4sam wrote: »
    that's a strange attitude by them :rolleyes: but i suppose it's good in a sense that their may not be too many dogs there needing homes :)

the guy actually said that there was more requests for dogs than there were dogs for homes!

• Advertisement

the guy actually said that there was more requests for dogs than there were dogs for homes!

I'd say it has been a while since they were able to say that and i am thrilled about that being honest ... no harm at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭hairymolly

Have you checked the shelter past the pound, the guy and his partner cant remember their names that had a weekly slot on RTE couple of years ago? Its somewhere down past the guarda station, back of garveys I think.

Advertisement