Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fathers Day pressie's

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

Anybody got any good ideas for a really goos fathers day present - nothing too expensive now!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Can you be a bit more specific?

Is it from a child to their father? What age group is the child and the father?

I'm 35 and would prefer something that took effort rather than anything expensive. Homemade cake or something. Or a surprise chore being done, such as washing the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

bazwaldo wrote: »
    I'm 35 and would prefer something that took effort rather than anything expensive. Homemade cake or something. Or a surprise chore being done, such as washing the car.

+1. I'm 32. Would prefer breakfast in bed or some such. Even if it was pure s***e, once there was decent effort put into it. Home made cards are total win. I still get them from my wife and son and think they are just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Well, last year on Fathers Day, I got a BFP and so to tell my husband that after much trying and fertility treatment, I was pregnant. It's difficult to top that :)

This year, I am getting him a new Mei-Tai (baby carrier), custom made with his favourite sports team colours- 40 euro, and a mini photobook that I designed myself with photos of the twins and ordered from www.photobox.ie-, that is small enough to carry in his shirt or jeans pocket- 8 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Depending on the child's age, playschools and schools get the children to make something. I've kept all the things they've made over the years for Father's and Mother's Day. Young children especially toddlers take great delight in making something even if it's just scribbles on a page.

In our house Father's Day is only as good as Mother's Day. My boys are now 12 and 10 so are able to make a reasonable breakfast, help make the dinner and keep their dad in a steady supply of liquid refreshments.

I haven't checked yet but normally Du**es Sto*es have Father's Day mugs for €2 and when the boys were smaller I got them to fill them with something such as chocolates. Sometimes the boys will buy fishing hooks, weights etc, or some sports gear.

This year I've booked tickets for hubby and the boys to go to Murrayfield for the Scotland v Ireland 6 Nations game next March but have never gone for such an expensive Father's Day present before.

Advertisement