Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar hints for a newbie

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have a guitar for quite a while now but apart from just messing around and making noise, I haven't done much with it yet. I'm going to start learning it in earnest over the next few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone has an hints, tips, advice or words of wisdom.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

First, I'd advise getting a few lessons from a good teacher to get you started. The teacher can also show you good technique which is a good foundation. He/she can point out what you are doing wrong, where a book or the internet cant.

After that you could try some books or the net. Personally I'd always go back to the teacher from time to time to keep me focused.

Whatever you learn practice it regularly. If you are having problems mastering something, take it s-l-o-w-l-y and build up speed by degrees.

Hope this helps.... it certainly did for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stevelknievel

Thank you. Long shot I know, but can you recommend any good teachers in Dublin city?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Thank you. Long shot I know, but can you recommend any good teachers in Dublin city?

Do a search here :

http://www.adverts.ie/showcat.php?cat=38

or try a search on : www.gumtree.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I'm probably over estimating the helpfulness of this as it's so specific to myself, but theres a few really good tips here for problems you may come across.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055193016

Advertisement