Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oranmore beach?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Meeting a colleague at the weekend & he's asking if there's anywhere around Oranmore that he can let his dogs out for a run.
    Wrong side of town for me, anyone know if the shoreline around Oranmore is suitable for dog-walking?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Renville park would be perfect for the doggie walks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Thanks Kayos.

Like I said, don't really know that side of town at all. Any chance of some basic directions?
    Thanks a lot :)

http://www.marine.ie/home/DirectionstoMarineInstitute.htm

that should get you there, just dont follow step 3, park in the car park around there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Excellent. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Dog Warden was in Renvile Park last week telling dog owners that there dogs must be on a lead at all times..

Didn't like it when I told him I dont have one a never use one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Terrier wrote: »
    Dog Warden was in Renvile Park last week telling dog owners that there dogs must be on a lead at all times..

If that is the case (which I find a bit OTT) and your walking dogs down there then get one - I assume they are saying it for a reason

Thats just nuts, we have to keep our dogs on a lead but let the claw wielding cats run free? But with summer here all the parents will be bringing the little kids out and about so there is some case for it. Although some should keep their kids on a lead!

We walk our two familly dogs down there and have done for decades. You see about 1/20 dogs on a lead and they look sad seeing all the other running around enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

kayos wrote: »
    Thats just nuts, we have to keep our dogs on a lead but let the claw wielding cats run free? But with summer here all the parents will be bringing the little kids out and about so there is some case for it. Although some should keep their kids on a lead!

We walk our two familly dogs down there and have done for decades. You see about 1/20 dogs on a lead and they look sad seeing all the other running around enjoying themselves.

Ah but see for cats their claws are the equivalent of concealed weapons so the daft warden thinks their all just harmless balls of fur :D

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Terrier wrote: »

As long as dog owners pick up their dog's sh!te after them, I have no problem with dog's not being on a leash in a public park. Thing is not many, if any do. It's like an obstacle course trying to go for a jog sometimes

Advertisement