Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track Racing Tonight, 6.30

Options
  • 28-05-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Anyone joining me this evening?

Sundrive Road Track, good craic all round, and I'll be in my el_tonto-esque pink jersey :D

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm out for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Nope, travelling tomorrow, gotta pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

ohhhh!
    Love to see that..
    Can't go, let us know about the next one.

yeah you missed what i'm told was the coolest crash ever. tiny, you there? thanks for helping me out last night, much appreciated man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Yikes. Were you involved in this 'cool crash'?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

el tonto wrote: »
    Yikes. Were you involved in this 'cool crash'?

Oh my, was he ever involved! Full speed sprint to the line, Ba and another guy going all out when, just past the finish a small puppy runs out on the track, and in order to avoid him, Ba takes the fall like a trooper, standing up off his saddle, and stopping pedaling, only to go flying through the air, leaving a smear of green from his jersey on the tarmac. Was bloody impressive, and Ba, you must be feeling it this morning -half your skin was gone from various joints, and your lucky that you didn't break anything. No problem with the assistance, you certainly needed it -how'd go in the medical centre?

*this story is entirely true, except for the puppy part -we did decide on a puppy to recount the tale, didn't we Ba? :D

Holy crap. If it wasn't a puppy, then what was it?

Holy crap. If it wasn't a puppy, then what was it?

it was his brain forgetting to tell him to keep pedaling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Ouch! sounds nasty, hope you're okay ba. Hope you won too!

You lads are not working for recruitment for this track racing that's for sure. A bit off topic, but anyone here play bike polo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

please tell me someone got a video.... please..... please????

kenmc wrote: »
    please tell me someone got a video.... please..... please????

Afraid not, would have been great if it was recorded for posterity. Mr Skeffington did take a picture of the streak of green left by his An Post Jersey though.

In all seriousness, it was a nasy fall, and he's damn lucky he only need 5 stitches in his side. Helmet saved him from a nasty knock on the head too as it happens :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Well there was a dude limping through the park when I got there. Looking like a fella who'd fallen off his bike alright. Couple of guys there can really move too.
    Looks like a nice way to spend an evening/day...

Good to see the kids giving it socks too, though it's probably a bad idea to suggest betting on them ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Have you guys received your Boards jerseys? I'd be curious to see how they look in real ...

Glad to hear you're not too badly cut up Ba. Hope you're back on the bike soon and kicking ass again.

studiorat wrote: »
    Well there was a dude limping through the park when I got there. Looking like a fella who'd fallen off his bike alright. Couple of guys there can really move too.
    Looks like a nice way to spend an evening/day...

Good to see the kids giving it socks too, though it's probably a bad idea to suggest betting on them ;o)

That was most likely him alright, the poor fella.

Caroline, the kit shold be with us next week, and I'm sure there'll be pics up when it gets here!

...and I'm sure there'll be pics up when it gets here!

Modelled by sexxxay Boards users no doubt. Time to shave and oil up your well toned legs gentlemen.

Modelled by sexxxay Boards users no doubt. Time to shave and oil up your well toned legs gentlemen.

Did any sexxxay boards users order gear? :D

hold on, i am badly cut up, walking is very painful, but i did miss my painkillers this morning rushing to work. i know i know, its my last day, not so bad.

treating the wounds was the worst. doctors had top remove grit, tarmac from my back, legs, hand and elbow. then wash down with saline. stung like f*ck!

i did however get to sleep in yest, watch the giro live, go jens! what a legend and played a load of GTA.

...and now i find there are side affects to the antibiotics + painkillers. but i will live and definitely be cycling again.

ba wrote: »
    i did however get to sleep in yest, watch the giro live, go jens! what a legend and played a load of GTA.

You were able to play GTA with yer hands all mangled? Well done man, I'm impressed!

See ya on the track on Wednesday so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

i did however get to sleep in yeast

is how I read that!

hold on, i am badly cut up...

Sorry if I downplayed the extent of your injuries. Really I just wanted to say that I'm glad no permanent damage was done and that you have a speedy recovery.

beans wrote: »
    is how I read that!

I read it yeast too actually :)

thanks lads. i slept in yesterday is what i meant. i never get to stay in bed cos i always cycle early on the weekends, and have work on the weekdays. what a treat. just back from getting my dressings changed, im gonna have a class scar on my hip.

i was so happy when i could play GTA, i hold the controller awkwardly but its still good.

dont think ill be cycling next wednesday, i tried to get my leg up and over the bike earlier, but not possible. maybe next weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

get well soon ba. sounds nasty. get out into the sun if you can with the bandages off, it'll help to heal them. also plenty of vitamin e cream on the scabs will reduce the scarring

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

If you can, and I assume it's a friction burn on the hip, try and keep it "moist" because everytime it heals over, next time you flex your hip it will break again. this will prolong the healing process, and possibly lead to infection.
    A hydrocolloid dressing (chemist) is ideal.

youre on the ball planet-x. i've got bandages that prevent drying out, and that have a shiny side to reduce sticking. just got E45 cream to rub on my back and knee too. i know what you mean, my left knee is already dry, scabs flaking off and pink skin showing. but hopefully the cream will prevent nasty scarring.
    i'm also trying some antibiotic cream too, ficidin i think it is called.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

youre on the ball planet-x. i've got bandages that prevent drying out, and that have a shiny side to reduce sticking. just got E45 cream to rub on my back and knee too. i know what you mean, my left knee is already dry, scabs flaking off and pink skin showing. but hopefully the cream will prevent nasty scarring.
    i'm also trying some antibiotic cream too, ficidin i think it is called.

ya poor divil, I hope you're OK.
    When I crashed I used Bio-oil on my face to reduce the road-rash look. It worked pretty good.

Edit: I also used some vitamin e

Advertisement