Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Changing the AYC pump in an Evo 5

Options
  • 28-05-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

The AYC Light is coming on in my car. I have gotten hold of a Mutu-2 and ran a diagnostic against on the pump and I'm getting a pump failed message... so I have gotten a second hand pump off an Evo 6. (my Car is a 5 by the way)

There is a 30 day warranty on the pump of which 8 days have already passed as I cannot find someone with time to fit the pump.

Ive downloaded a maintainers manual and replacing the pump doesn't look that tricky.

basically my understanding of it is like this:

1: Jack up the rear 2 wheels and remove old pump and allow the fluid to drain from the resiviour
    2: Connect up new pump and fill resiviour
    3: Turn on engine, open bleed nut for right wheel and turn the steering wheel from a central position to the right and then back to straight again. Keep doing this until all the air has been bleed from the system and then tighten the bleed nut
    4: Perform the same task for the Left Wheel.
    5: Ensure resiviour is re-filled to max once the system has been bled.

Done.

Is this correct?

Please let me know

Thanks
    Graham.

Advertisement