Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung TV's and the different series...

Options
  • 28-05-2008 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a new TV and i like the samsung LCD's. I was in Harvey Normans at the weekend and seen three different samsung tv's, looked the same tv but was priced differently, it was then i noticed that the tv's were "4 series", "5 series" and "6 series".

Does anyone know the difference between these or what implications the different series have??

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Have a look at www.avforums.com

There will be alot more information there about Samsung LCDs.

I have the Samsung LE32R87BDX and am happy with it. I bought it from www.ebuyer.com, delivery was €30 and was well impressed with their service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sean Cox

I have a 40" Series 6.
    The most obvious difference is the subtle red hue colour around the frame of the TV.
    I would highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

I think the series 6 is a bigger step up from 5, than 5 is from 4.

The 37"+ 6 series is 100Hz which should make a difference. There is an entire thread on avforums about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭techdiver

I have the 46" Series 6. It is a fantastic TV. It comes with the best 100Hz mode I've seen so far and also a 120Hz mode which is essentially a 24p mode for Blu-Ray.

It has 4 HDMI connections and a USB input for Photo's etc.

The dept of Colour and Contrast is amazing (50,000:1 Dynamic) and it looks fantastic also. It has the best black level of any LCD TV on the market and rivals Plasma displays on that front.

highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jinx9000

Hi,

I'm looking at the latest series 6 37".............only prob is, i only have basic analog sigal. can anybody tell me weather i'm mad to go for this tv without digital. i read that if the analog signal is strong, then the picture should be fine.

my ntl installer put booster boxes to increase the weak signal.............

any suggestions (apart from trying to get a grace peroiod to see what it looks like)

cheers,

Bob!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sean Cox

My analogue reception on this TV (40inch) is really bad. Digital, brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Order my 46' Samsung Series6 100hz on Friday ...cant wait .
    Going to buy a blueray player aswell then realised PS3 was Blueray so got one aswell (more for your money).

Out shopping now for a corner bracket (arm/elbow type) and then all my new toys will be mounted in the corner .

On NTL Dublin ...anyone got input to signal and picture quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/143327

Is the above a good product for a stand alone TV??

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jinx9000

cheers for that sean............might have to opt for the basic digital package, is not that much more espensive i don't think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

jinx9000 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking at the latest series 6 37".............only prob is, i only have basic analog sigal. can anybody tell me weather i'm mad to go for this tv without digital.
    yes, quite mad ;)
    At the moment I think it is actually cheaper to have the basic digital NTL package!
    I have seen the 37" series 5 on analog, and it was not great. The digital improved it immensely. But recently I saw it with a HD cable decoder with a HDMI output on the same TV and the picture was awesome. Unfortunately with NTL you are forced to use their substandard box which only has scart out :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

jinx9000 wrote: »
    cheers for that sean............might have to opt for the basic digital package, is not that much more espensive i don't think!

The Basic UPC Digital service is now cheaper than UPC Analogue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 boardsadmin

does cena really came back to wwe:pac:

Advertisement