Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coeliac Travelling Oz

• 28-05-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Looking for advice of any coeliacs that have travelled as i am flying out to Sydney in Jan 08 and i am a worried how i will manage to eat properly. I will be travelling for 6weeks up the east coast. :pac:If i could on the off chance talk to someone who has done this it would be great,

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You shouldn't have a problem finding gluten free products in the shops in Oz. I can remember Coles and Safeway/Woolworths having Gluten free products. (went looking when my mother was over). Also, I think in a lot of restaurants they served gluten free muffins/bread etc.

Might have some useful information for you.
    http://www.australiablog.com/planning-a-trip/travelling-australia-as-a-coeliac.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm pretty sure you'll be ok too. In in NZ and there's of gluten free options in the supermarket. The pizza place near us (it's an NZ chain) has an option that you can get any pizza with a gluten free base and any cafe I've eaten in has had gluten free options. I've definitely noticed gluten free things more in the last few weeks. I'm presuming OZ would be very similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yep we buy gluten free pasta and that because my missus gets pains from the regular stuff. Each supermarket has an organic/natural health section so there's plenty of options. No reason why you should have any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cormach

:pac:Cheers guys,
    Gluten free beer sounds good, Im sick of cider...
    Youve been a real help,, :pac:

Advertisement