Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in London

Options
  • 28-05-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi. I'm planning on going to London for the summer and really need help finding accommodation for those three months. Ideally Id like to stay in a bedsit as close to the centre of the city as possible and pay no more than £90 per week.

I don't mind being cramped, as long as there's a roof over my head! So if anyone knows anywhere, Id appreciate you mentioning it, cos Ive been checking the internet for aaages and I'm getting nowhere.

Thanks a mill!

PS I'm travelling on my own and don't mind house/flat sharing but would like my own room.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

www.gumtree.co.uk

www.loot.co.uk

One note, that 'city center' does not really apply to London. While Dublin city center may actually be only a few hundred sq meters - London is huge! So your first battle is to figure out where you actually want to live, closer to where you will be working the better. But if you want cheap you may need to venture out on the bus or tube. Check out the transport for london website [www.tfl.gov.uk - or similar] - great downloadable maps of all the public transport routes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 EnoughSaid

www.gumtree.co.uk

www.loot.co.uk

One note, that 'city center' does not really apply to London. While Dublin city center may actually be only a few hundred sq meters - London is huge! So your first battle is to figure out where you actually want to live

Yes you are correct. The "centre" of London could loosley be defined as running from about Kensington in the west to Aldgate in the east...a distance of about 6 miles, and from Vauxhall in the south the to Euston Road in the north...about 3 miles. Anywhere inside this area is likely to be very expensive to rent.

There are some areas near this "Centre" that are popular for renting such as Islington or Camden and these could be places worth a look....but as the above poster said, you need to bear in mind where you are going to be working.

Then there is another new business "centre" about 4 miles further east of Aldgate called Canary Wharf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement