Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management Company Issues

Options
  • 06-11-2008 3:43pm

Myself and the GF have owned & been living in our apartment for about 1.5 years. My GF was on the residents committee up until 3 months ago but she left because of the frustration of nothing being done by the management company (MC) or by them taking forever to do anything.

They (the MC) were already instated when we bought off the plans and there was talk about booting them out when the AGM came up because it transpired that one of the head honchos in the Builders, from whom we bought the apartment, is also one of the heads of the MC. He's basically running both companies and essentially crossing his own palm with silver by giving the tender to the MC of which he is a part. (We found this out through a neighbouring complex who booted them out and got a new MC to take over).

Anyway, to the matter at hand......Our complex isn't very well signposted. Up until a few months ago it wasn't signposted AT ALL, but they've since put up (at our expense) a kind of stone/granite sign that's about 5' tall x 3' wide x 2' deep with our complex's name on.

It's past the entrance (in the direction of where most traffic heads) so a lot of traffic misses it until they're past the turn....see attachment......but my main reason for posting is this:

It used to have just our complex's name on it, but last week we noticed that there was a metal stencil of the builder's company logo on the stone facade. A lot of people objected to it, but since then they've sandblasted the stencil and it is now permanently engrained in the sign. When we complained we were informed that it can be removed......get this....AT OUR EXPENSE!!

Do we, as tenants, have any right to have it removed? Surely, seeing as we paid for it, we get to decide whether or not they can advertise on it or not?
    The residents' committee's official line is that they're requesting them to both remove the logo and place the sign in a more suitable and prominent location.

We have our own forum on neighbours.ie but just thought i'd see what my fellow Boardsies thought. Has anyone any similar experiences?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement