Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New DVD burner causing grief

Options
  • 28-05-2008 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I picked up a dvd burner there off adverts, it was brand new out of a dell xps , it's a sata drive , however when installed it bluescreens my pc with the error message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, anyone got a quick fix for this ? probably not I'd imagine and it goes back up on adverts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

sounds like u may have disturbed something inside your PC like maybe your HDD sata connector. does your PC boot with the burner disconnected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea though it's moot now I've sold it on adverts, I'm assuming the drive is fine and it's just incompatible with my setup for whatever reason, it's brand new, at least I hope it is ok

Advertisement