Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for a washing machine to be installed?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Bit clueless here....
    How much should I expect to pay a plumber to disconnect an old machine and install a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

Don't pay to connect a new washing machine. It is simple to disconnect/reconnect. One pipe with a screw in connection. The outlet pipe just sits into the waste water pipe at the back of the machine. No tools needed. Someone should be able to do this for you. I wouldn't pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It's a very simple job; I even managed to do it myself the other day!

If you're getting a machine delivered, get them to take away the old one (I got one delivered by Peter Murphys, and they had no problem taking away the old one). However, it will need to be disconnected first, and the delivery person won't connect the new machine.

Also, bear in mind that wrt the water connections, some machines are cold water only, and some have a hot water input, too. I had completely forgotten that; luckily my old machine was dual, and the new one was cold only. If it had been the other way around, I would have either needed a plumber or had to change the machine.

BTW, we got an Electrolux that the salesman recommended, and it is very good. Price was very competitive, too, and there's local aftersales.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Thanks for your vote of confidence. :)
    I am competent in many ways but general handy work is not one of them.
    Spent good while last night trying to figure out how to disconnect the bloody machine to no avail. This seems to be one for the experts as far as I'm concerned...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I'll do it for 35 euro. I work in a technical field.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

Ouch.......I won't start a bidding war.
    Best of luck.

Have a look here http://www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5717&sid=e438f45711fec4297f6c9b3e79b30b26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Remove The Transport Bolts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Thanks guys. Had secured someone before I saw last few posts.
    Washing line laden down now with a serious backlog of washing.
    No longer a member of the great unwashed!! :D:D

Advertisement