Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST] Eircom faceplate with built in filter

Options
  • 28-05-2008 4:43pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get my hands on a faceplate for a main eircom socket which includes a ADSL filter, anyone know where I might be able to get one?

I can get my hands on a SSFP which will do a BT socket with BT (UK) connections but not one with two RJ11 connections, I used to have one in the house I lived in years ago when I had a BT Business line as the engineer came out and fitted it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd be interested in getting my hands on something like this as well. Either that or an ADSL splitter with screw terminals that I can easily mount somewhere out of the way up in the attic for example. I want to redo my house internal wiring and this would be atidier option than having a splitter hanging from the phone socket.

Also a bit OT, but does anyone know here I can get hold of small(ish) lengths of CAT5 cable, say 20m or so? Everywhere I've found so far wants to sell me 100m boxes of the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Alun wrote: »
    Also a bit OT, but does anyone know here I can get hold of small(ish) lengths of CAT5 cable, say 20m or so? Everywhere I've found so far wants to sell me 100m boxes of the stuff.

I know you can buy networking kits in places like B & Q that come with about 30m of CAT5 cable but you'd end up with trunking and sockets

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Alun wrote: »
    I'd be interested in getting my hands on something like this as well. Either that or an ADSL splitter with screw terminals that I can easily mount somewhere out of the way up in the attic for example. I want to redo my house internal wiring and this would be atidier option than having a splitter hanging from the phone socket.

Maplins might be able to do it for you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

any smallish computer shop or maplins should be able to do it for you, that or if you know somebody working for the IT dept of a company

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Maplins don't stock the faceplates with a built in filter, i'd also like to get an Eircom one...i think alot of use would.

Some savvy Eircom engineer could really cash in here!

• Advertisement
Advertisement