Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clampers!

Options
  • 28-05-2008 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

has anyone else had a bad experience with private clampers in Galway lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BannedGugai

sadiew wrote: »

As opposed to the generally positive experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sadiew

I mean an experience that was unfair/illegal/immoral, as opposed to just being bitter about having to pay a fine for parking illegally..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Spot the journo, spot spot the journo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Robbo wrote: »

That's what I were thinking alright...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Do you think we're here to write your f*cking articals for you ??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=1978579

All those threads / posts are taking the same format, strange :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

:facepalm:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Busted!

No doubt a journo, writing for the Galway First or some other rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »

IT's gotten to the stage where I think Galway First should be paying subscription to boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No. They're absolutely lovely people*, very fair minded and doing their job well in spite of scandalously unfair and biased articles by lazy incompetent plagiarising hacks* in local papers.

*One of these descriptions is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Actually there's a guy here who really has it in for the galway clampers... might be worth a look sadie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Galway City Council terminated their contract with clampers and only give out tickets now. whatever private carparks do with clamping is up to themselves...there ye go, I've even written a few lines of the article for ya and saved you a bit of research! PM me to let me know where I can pick my commision

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

This person put the same thread in the Limerick City forum as well. We dont even have clampers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I thought the city council van's still did clamp though?? That's news to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

They massarced an entire estate out Salthill side.

Rumors abound regarding the head clamper eating his enemies hearts but you could put that in as "sources speculate..."

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

toiletduck wrote: »
    They massarced an entire estate out Salthill side.

Rumors abound regarding the head clamper eating his enemies hearts but you could put that in as "sources speculate..."

Or just print it as gospel anyway...We do seem to be the Gospel according to the Galway Indo afterall

Advertisement