Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so it looks like register365 has been sold ?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

There was talk over on IWF earlier on that register365 has been sold ?
    Can this be confirmed by anyone ?

(I don't think this is related to asking about hosting as such and I'd hope it can be posted here mods ? )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I can confirm it, as per the email that was sent to all their customers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Yup got the email myself. Didn't see it coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Dear Mr Bingobongo,

We are pleased to announce that today, Wednesday 28th May, Namesco Ireland Limited which is a subsidiary of Namesco Limited in the UK announced the acquisition of Register365. The sale was part of a strategic decision taken by Hosting365 to sell its shared hosting and domain registration division in order to focus on the Managed Hosting element of its business.

Namesco Ltd would like to take this opportunity to welcome you today and inform you of some improvements to your services.

Our aim is to assure you that your services will not be affected by the sale. We will continue to deliver your services in Ireland whilst providing improved Customer Care and Technical Support from our office here in the UK.

We have an enviable reputation in the United Kingdom for providing a wide range of quality Internet Service products backed up by expert in-house Customer Care and Technical Support. We understand the importance of our relationship with you and so as a gesture of this commitment we have today replaced the Premium Rate support numbers with local call numbers. We aim to make it easy for you to contact us, you are now able to use the new local rate number, e-mail or live chat with an advisor online.
    Your new local rate number is 1890-944-500

To ensure we are able to assist you professionally our Technical Support teams have also undergone an extensive training program prior to this acquisition.

Namesco Ltd are regarded as one of the leading ISP's in the UK with 12 years experience. We are the fourth largest provider in the UK of Domain Names and Shared Web Hosting Services and among the top 50 worldwide (source: Netcraft Company Analysis, January 2007). We were recently named as the best Shared Hosting Provider of 2008 at the annual Internet Service Provider Association (ISPA) Awards.

A list of some of our awards and accolades can be found here

Should you have any further questions, we will be happy to answer them. Simply email customercare@register365.com or call your new local rate support number 1890-944-500

Once again we would like to welcome you to Namesco Ltd

Love And Kisses
    Namesco
    xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I have mixed feelings about this.

I've had continuous issues with every aspect of Hosting 365's service, so hopefully Namesco will be an improvement.

However, from reading about them on webhostingtalk.com, I can see they have some odd billing practices and charge very high prices.

More competition is good though, so overall I'm quite pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 joekelly123

Yeah I would like some more clarity on the matter also.
    How does this affect pricing?

According to the namesco website the designer hosting package is normally £229.99 per year for 10 domains!

The unlimited is £459.99

Frankly thats crazy money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭thedesigntribe

Got the email this afternoon myself....

IMHO Register365 service levels have dropped over the past few months/weeks. After the introduction of the charged support line I notice a distinct lack of urgency in replying to email support requests (replies after 4-5 days).

This is mildly worrying ... in my experience, these boys will have spent a lot of money that they will want to recoup.... I'll wager prices go up & service goes down... hope I'm wrong, I have been a fan of 365 in the past (not counting the outages last year).
    we have today replaced the Premium Rate support numbers with local call numbers.

This is a welcome change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

This is a welcome change.

When I saw Register365 had changed their sales number to a premium rate number, I knew something weird was going on. It has to have been some sort of tactical move (short term profit boost) as no company could be stupid enough to implement a sales killer like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Whilst this move will have many positive's, I fear the negative side effects will outweigh the positive's in the long term.

From what I see, Namesco give you good bang for your bucks when it comes to their customer service, but that their prices(and given the current economy, will allow them to do this) will keep increasing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Radley

Graeme on letshost.ie is the best!

Never ceases to amaze me the hours he's online at to answer tech queries!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Radley wrote: »
    Graeme on letshost.ie is the best!

Never ceases to amaze me the hours he's online at to answer tech queries!
    What's that got to do with register365?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 harlemangel

I have to say, over the last year or so Ive been pretty happy with the supoort offered by reg365, in particular the fast response by the live chat guys (eg Marcin, Piotr, Stanislaw). I had my issues with 365 in the past with their lack of quality support, and as I said ive been delighted that they have stepped up to the mark over the last while. But like one or two posters here, I fear for this new change, and as recently as this morning, I been on live chat attempting to connect to someone for an urgent issue, but I keep getting cut off with no response.

I hope that we dont slip back to the way things were last year when it got so bad that even 365 were slagging off their own support team.

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 joekelly123

I have to say, over the last year or so Ive been pretty happy with the supoort offered by reg365, in particular the fast response by the live chat guys (eg Marcin, Piotr, Stanislaw).

Have to agree there I found the Live Chat to be very helpful and responsive any time I had cause to use it. And staff were always very pleasant to deal with.

I hope that the service does not suffer in the future but I don't think things bode well.

A quick look at the blog shows that theres not even an announcement about the whole situation.

To be honest I was expecting a little more information about the whole process by now.

I know they state in the email that services will remain in Ireland but to be honest I'm unsure if that will indeed be the case when you consider the cost savings benefits that moving everything to the UK would bring.

I guess there is nothing that can be done in the mean time until more information becomes available, but one of the factors of most importance to me will be the inevitable price changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi all,

Just a quick fyi, everything is staying in ireland, on the same kit, the same IP's, etc. Nothing is moving to the UK or changing in any way at all.

I can't speak for Namesco, other than to say they have acquired several companies in the last 6 months, and have not changed pricing with any of them.

The namesco team are excellent at what they do (solely domains, shared hosting) and bring phenomenal expertise and resources to the provision of Register365 services.

Other than new phone support, a much larger support team, customer's will notice no other changes or impact, and Namesco are fully committed to providing Irish service and expanding and growing Register365 as Ireland's largest and leading provider of domains and hosting.

Just to add, I'm surprised this thread is still here, considering the forums rules about discussing hosting / domain providers, and the immediate deletion of any threads that were discussing the Digiweb/Novara aquisition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Im disgusted with r365.

I've had an issues with them for the last 8 days and I have sent about 7 emails to them and I have not recieved anything back besides an automated response.

Their customer support have been at best incompetant over the last 6 months and at worst downright Rude and dismissive....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Just to add, I'm surprised this thread is still here, considering the forums rules about discussing hosting / domain providers, and the immediate deletion of any threads that were discussing the Digiweb/Novara aquisition?
    I think you're being a bit unfair right there. Digiweb gets discussed all the time in that free domain name / advertisement sticky at the top of the page.

So obviously, in the interest of fairness, people are free to discuss h365 in this thread accusing them of selling out and shoddy service.

Double standard? No wai!

Other than new phone support, a much larger support team, customer's will notice no other changes or impact, and Namesco are fully committed to providing Irish service and expanding and growing Register365 as Ireland's largest and leading provider of domains and hosting.

Right, they seem to be making the changes already, so much for online chat support

Our Live Chat is now closed, our opening hours are 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Just a quick fyi, everything is staying in ireland, on the same kit, the same IP's, etc. Nothing is moving to the UK or changing in any way at all.

Good to hear :)

I PM'd aidan just after I posted ... and he's not responded so potentially heavily involved in exams ? Or maybe no one has reported it yet :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

deegs wrote: »
    Im disgusted with r365.

I've had an issues with them for the last 8 days and I have sent about 7 emails to them and I have not recieved anything back besides an automated response.

Their customer support have been at best incompetant over the last 6 months and at worst downright Rude and dismissive....

Agreed.. good prices and that looked like a good website with the odd few bugs, customer support failed them big time. I did say it to Steve and it seemed like he took it on board.

Anyway, we cant discuss such topics on Boards and the charter says it all. Aidan I guess is busy, so patience and all will be okay :)

Sully wrote: »
    Anyway, we cant discuss such topics on Boards and the charter says it all. Aidan I guess is busy, so patience and all will be okay :)

I don't think there's any need to close this thread as it being discussed in an intelligent manner

• Advertisement

BingoBongo wrote: »
    I don't think there's any need to close this thread as it being discussed in an intelligent manner
    Agreed, this thread seems to be going well. Anyway, Namesco may even benefit from it, as a lot of the posters here are already R365 customers... I think it would be good for Aidan to allow this to go on a little longer at least before locking it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

BingoBongo wrote: »

Aye, but thats so far.. its more of a site-wide policy since the last incident I think. Aidan isnt on top form today :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

When Digiweb were buying Novara any threads mentioning it were locked immediately.

Seems like a double standard IMHO

Thread Lockedthreadclosed.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

blacknight wrote: »
    When Digiweb were buying Novara any threads mentioning it were locked immediately.

Exactly. Back then (when threads were locked and/or deleted), it was made quite clear that this is not a hosting forum (despite reasoning from myself and others). So is it a hosting forum or not?

blacknight wrote: »

Ah now blacknight, its hardly fair to say such things. Aidan hasnt been about to lock it.. :)

Does that mean I can start whinging about digiweb and no one will lock the thread ;);):)

Does that mean I can start whinging about digiweb and no one will lock the thread ;);):)
    Well, for while, until Aidan comes back to get yah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

No feckin response to my email for over a week............................

No feckin answer on their phone................................................

I was just waiting for their live chat when I was redirected. (after waiting 2/3 mins)...........
    Our Live Chat is now closed, our opening hours are 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.

Its only fecking 3?????????????

• Advertisement

Deegs - there is a high demand due to the changeover, but the Namesco team are on hand and working hard on support - phone 1890 944 500 with your ticket ID and they will sort you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement