Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Near Portlaoise

Options
  • 28-05-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hey, moving to portlaoise for work soon but just have a quick query, i cant actually move to portlaoise itself but was wondering where would be suitable nearby to rent? Would the likes of kildare be too far a distance do ye think?? Or even where would be the better places to rent out in portlaoise?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks a mill folks. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

portarlington is near with plenty of accomadition and at least there youv got the train station and your closer to kildare and dublin......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

+1 on that! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

It really depends what your after. Personally i think Portarlington has the most going for it if you can't live in Portlaoise. Abbeyleix would be my favorite place to live but can be very quiet. Pubs only really get busy at weekends and can have very little to do otherwise.

I wouldn't bother with Kildare unless a woman or proximity to Dublin is dragging you that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭getfit

You will also probably pay more to rent in Kildare as it is very much the commuter belt to Dublin. Portarlington being further away would be cheaper. If you aren't fussy about having lots of pubs etc. there are a good few villages around Laois with way to many houses, that you could probably rent even more cheaply than Portarlington...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Portarlington would be a good bet for accomodation, but Kildare isn't all that far away on account of you can head down the motorway from Kildare to Portlaoise, also the main road from Monasterevin to Portlaoise is a good road too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Cheers lads. i appreciate the help. ive heard good things too about Mountrath and portarlington. On Daft.ie like a lunatic at the moment. :D

Thanks again. any more info...shout away.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

re: Mountrath

Speak to this guy Moutrath

Advertisement