Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

Hopefully they improved things but was in Burke's for breakfast the weekend they reopened, not a mask in sight and distancing between tables was comical, read non existent. Didn't notice any changes there what so ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Masks not on staff really bothers me. It was the same in the Valley Inn last weekend. An awful lot of people in the place, no sign that they had taken any tables out - although to be fair, they have a big premises and the tables are spaced out. Not a mask on any of the staff & they weren't standing back from the tables either to take orders. I don't know, it just left me feeling very uncomfortable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Masks not on staff really bothers me. It was the same in the Valley Inn last weekend. An awful lot of people in the place, no sign that they had taken any tables out - although to be fair, they have a big premises and the tables are spaced out. Not a mask on any of the staff & they weren't standing back from the tables either to take orders. I don't know, it just left me feeling very uncomfortable :(

I was in the bar for food one evening last week. I was happy enough. No stools at bar and good distancing of tables.it wasn't too busy

There was a skip outside the Eastern Seaboard oops I mean Bryanstown Social this week, not too much in it and I suspect they will start off with a lot of the existing fittings and see how things go.

Personally, I’m looking forward to trying it out. Used to love the ESB until it overreached itself.

Mariner back open, 7.50 for a nice breakfast. They've done lovely work in the place too while it's been closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

There was a skip outside the Eastern Seaboard oops I mean Bryanstown Social this week, not too much in it and I suspect they will start off with a lot of the existing fittings and see how things go.

Personally, I’m looking forward to trying it out. Used to love the ESB until it overreached itself.

Aiming to open in August apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've heard that Woodrows in the Westcourt hotel may not be re-opening.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kjbsrah1

furiousox wrote: »

Shame. Only ate there once but it was lovely and was looking forward to going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Had my first Tribe pizza last night...Holy God...t'was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Had my first Tribe pizza last night...Holy God...t'was good.

Where is tribe?

• Advertisement

C
    IvoryTower wrote: »
    Where is tribe?

Duleek, where the Spire used to be. Lovely brunch there, admittedly pre COVID.

I heard a rumor that the Triple House in Termonfeckin has been sold - perhaps to the couple who ran ESBG in Bryanstown. Does anyone know if there’s any truth in this, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

I heard a rumor that the Triple House in Termonfeckin has been sold - perhaps to the couple who ran ESBG in Bryanstown. Does anyone know if there’s any truth in this, please?

It is sold for sure, but I don't know who to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

It is sold, but not to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

****e ! - i have a voucher .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

I've also heard the Westcourt hotel may not be re-opening at all.
    Hopefully not the case.
    In other news, it seems the cinema in Scotch Hall isn't going ahead after all?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Not surprised by the cinema at all.

They are doing a great job at running scotch Hall into the ground

Was surprised to see the Boyne cinema reopen. Had no idea they were working on it. Anyone been?

I heard the the same re: the one for Scotch Hall, builders downed tools over a dispute. Likely money but 3 cinemas in Drogheda or even 2 is overkill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

I've also heard the Westcourt hotel may not be re-opening at all.
    Hopefully not the case.
    In other news, it seems the cinema in Scotch Hall isn't going ahead after all?

There is a persistent rumour that it will be reopening as a direct provision centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

There is a persistent rumour that it will be reopening as a direct provision centre.
    Already full of fruit pickers .

They did ok if they are being put up there, read some horrible accounts in recent times and a documentary piece on Euronews of the conditions they have in Spain and elsewhere :(

Making me look twice when buying fruit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

The westcourt is full of fruit pickers? It's not reopened. Heard the same regarding a dispute and the cinema. Scotch hall is embarrassing. Most definitely the worst shopping centre in Ireland.
    They need to open up retail units in scotch and have local stalls in them to try to create some kind of foot fall in it. It would benefit the centre and little company's around. They did an outdoor one at Xmas and it was buzzing.

Was surprised to see the Boyne cinema reopen. Had no idea they were working on it. Anyone been?

I heard the the same re: the one for Scotch Hall, builders downed tools over a dispute. Likely money but 3 cinemas in Drogheda or even 2 is overkill.

Was in the new cinema. It's class very comfy reclining chairs and so much space between seats. We were the only ones in it tho on a Saturday so I'm not sure how they will survive on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Drogheda Independent are reporting that The Westcourt Hotel will not reopen in the foreseeable future.

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Was in the new cinema. It's class very comfy reclining chairs and so much space between seats. We were the only ones in it tho on a Saturday so I'm not sure how they will survive on that.

Daughter went tonight with her friend. Just them and a family in front of them in the cinema. Thry enjoyed it

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Drogheda Independent are reporting that The Westcourt Hotel will not reopen in the foreseeable future.

And wont be a direct provision centre

I imagine the idea of going cinema during pandemic is something people haven't fully warmed to yet , hopefully they come out the other end

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I imagine the idea of going cinema during pandemic is something people haven't fully warmed to yet , hopefully they come out the other end

That and they have no new titles so are showing 'classics'

• Advertisement

Eamonnator wrote: »

Heard some 80 something staff were given their notice last night. Pinch of salt with that though.

Advertisement