Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

New coffee shop open at the back of Mc Hugh's pub. .
    Entrance is at bottom of Francis Street.
    They gave free coffee all day yesterday and today up to 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

Had breakfast in the Valley Inn today. Full brekky and a "half brekky" which was only slightly smaller!

Food was delicious, there was lots of toast, and tea or coffee was included.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

New coffee shop open at the back of Mc Hugh's pub. .
    Entrance is at bottom of Francis Street.
    They gave free coffee all day yesterday and today up to 6pm.

Saw work going on there about a month ago, thought it would be just an out door bar/pizza thing, wasn't expecting a coffee shop in that location. Must have a look soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Similar area, Garveys lounge one night. Food good, they've rejigged the evening menu a bit I think. Table service was excellent, quick & friendly.
    Good Covid arrangements, plenty space (refurb is nice) even though most tables were taken, all staff had visors, hand sanitizer in various locations and after people left tables and chairs got full clean down.

Hopped into Salthouse one day too, just had a sandwich though OH had a hearty cottage pie. Covid arrangements similar to above, staff visors, tables doubled up to make space. Staff were very nice and turned the food out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Looks like a fish and chips takeaway “super cod” Is opening where ajanta was..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

kbell wrote: »
    Looks like a fish and chips takeaway “super cod” Is opening where ajanta was..
    What happened to ajanta, is it gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

prionnsias wrote: »
    What happened to ajanta, is it gone?

Closed back in March when lockdown hit, never opened again.
    Pity, they did the nicest doner kebab in town, far superior to kebab palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

Does anyone know is Ming Garden in Trinity St. open for sit down meals or is it take-away only?
    Thanks.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

furiousox wrote: »
    Does anyone know is Ming Garden in Trinity St. open for sit down meals or is it take-away only?
    Thanks.

They were open for sit down last weekend.

Yup, had a very nice sit-down meal in Ming Garden earlier this evening.
    Staff were wearing face masks and took our contact details, sanitisers on each table.
    Food was excellent, a really nice meal.

General Tso's chicken which was nice and crunchy with a bit of heat and spice, and beef in black bean sauce which was made with quality beef not the chewy shoe leather beef we normally get with our local take-away.

I rang in advance and booked a table which I think they prefer, as walk-ins may get turned away if they're too busy.

Recommended. :)

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭United Park

Shout out to simonas. My mam and dad have been going for years and I’ve been late to this party as only started going last year - absolute top notch, best pizza in town by a mile. Also a big fan of the lasagna. My favourite place in Drogheda over last 6 months.

Small inside so no harm to book. Sound family. They do takeaways too which I used get weekly during lockdown! (And still get regular enough!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Ruby Palace Takeaway in Tullyallen (beside The Morning Star) and opening soon in Drogheda. Chinese, Thai, Malaysian. One word - yum. 😋

Where will it be located in Drogheda?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

Where will it be located in Drogheda?

Aston Village apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Any had anything from Tamarind in Byranstown, looking to get a decent Indian which I haven’t had in decades !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Nibs05 wrote: »
    Any had anything from Tamarind in Byranstown, looking to get a decent Indian which I haven’t had in decades !
    Have you tried the place beside the Railway Tavern on the Dublin road?

I don't know much about Indian but I went there and thought it was very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Have you tried the place beside the Railway Tavern on the Dublin road?

I don't know much about Indian but I went there and thought it was very nice

Ahh yes Punjabi house, that was my first Indian years ago !

Punjabi Hse is much better than Tamarind imo.

CPL 593H

Punjabi Hse is much better than Tamarind imo.

Mine too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Had Punjabi last night, it’s the typically nice Indian that’ll have the belly hanging off you.

Had tamarind a few times, not the same debts of flavours but would always feel better after it than other Indians, never as full / bloated.

• Advertisement

Has Pizza Baker beside the Thatch shut up shop? Looked to be closed any time I passed it this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Has Pizza Baker beside the Thatch shut up shop? Looked to be closed any time I passed it this week.

Seems to be a few places that haven't bothered reopening after the lockdown, cause they reckon there'll be another straight after Xmas, so it's not worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Pizza baker was open up until a couple of weeks ago.

With all the big pizza brands in town it would be extremely difficult for an independent to be successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Speaking of Pizza, where do we think is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

For me it has to be Tribe out in Duleek.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Pizzeria in Clogherhead, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was the moorland open today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Scotty # wrote: »
    Pizza baker was open up until a couple of weeks ago.

With all the big pizza brands in town it would be extremely difficult for an independent to be successful.

Especially difficult considering they are a rip off compared to the usual suspects both dine in and take out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was the moorland open today?

They were selling off all stick for today

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

If you're ever in Slane, Inside Out is supreme.

Advertisement