Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Worth a mention too is cafe twenty twenty in Dunleer. Great takeaway menu. Seafood pasta is really good and lovely chicken wings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

So we are all agreed, there is no shortage of decent pizza! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

So we are all agreed, there is no shortage of decent pizza! :)

Such a shame I can't eat it! (Food intolerance - I can't eat cheese!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭furiousox

You can make yourself a nice pizza without using cheese.
    Pizza base, nice rich pizza sauce and toppings of your choice. :)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Can someone suggest a good chinese takeaway in Drogheda?

Also, from my limited online searching as far as I can tell there's nowhere that sells burritos/tex-mex in Drogheda.
    Is that correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Nibs05

JethroC wrote: »

Also, from my limited online searching as far as I can tell there's nowhere that sells burritos/tex-mex in Drogheda.
    Is that correct?

Ming Garden in trinity street is decent, woks cooking was good not sure now, golden bowl hardmans gardens also good.

furiousox wrote: »
    You can make yourself a nice pizza without using cheese.
    Pizza base, nice rich pizza sauce and toppings of your choice. :)

I used to get cheese-free pizzas made up in Superquinn, way back in the day!
    Can't tolerate pizza (tomato) sauce either, so my pizza days are over, :)

Is that correct?

I enjoy the grub from Kitchen Legend - you can order online via their own app.
    Bamboo Gate in Southgate - it was run by the people who used to run Woks Cooking (don't know if it's still run by them)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

+1 for Kitchen Legend (order online) and I've tried most of them over the years.
    Ming Garden is good, but I think KL is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Mala on Dominic street the best salt and pepper goodness in the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

gipi wrote: »
    I enjoy the grub from Kitchen Legend - you can order online via their own app.
    Bamboo Gate in Southgate - it was run by the people who used to run Woks Cooking (don't know if it's still run by them)

For those that remember Karen from the old Woks Cookin - we found her last year, in her nephews chinese takeaway in Carrickmacross in Monaghan.

We were heading up to my Father in Laws house and said we would bring a chinese takeaway up to him. It was pot luck as to which one to go to, there's maybe 3 or 4 of them in the town, we looked in the window of one and then drove around the corner to the next one. Husband went in and came straight back out laughing his head off and told me I had to get out of the car and go in and see who was in there. Same spiel, same old Karen. Said she was just helping him out for a while. Don't know at this stage if she's still there, must check again when normality resumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

It’s not a restaurant but it is a take away and qualifies in these times , the wee BBQ Chuck wagon at Mc Governs garage at killineer is top class.
    All cooked fresh ribs, burgers proper big hotdogs hence a wee wait, and free coffee..
    One of the best takeaway teas our family had in months.
    Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

moonshadow wrote: »
    It’s not a restaurant but it is a take away and qualifies in these times , the wee BBQ Chuck wagon at Mc Governs garage at killineer is top class.
    All cooked fresh ribs, burgers proper big hotdogs hence a wee wait, and free coffee..
    Highly recommend.

Must check that out for Breakfast tomorrow.

Has anyone tried the fish & chips from the new hut on Clogherhead Beach this weekend ?
    Think it’s called The Beach Hut , had an Ariosta coffee from there during the week , very nice .

moonshadow wrote: »
    Highly recommend.

Can you order ahead?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Can you order ahead?

Here's their Facebook page, includes a phone number, maybe give them a shout to check about advance orders

https://www.facebook.com/BBQ-Steaks-Burgers-110625694192216/

(No connection, just spotted it on FB a few weeks ago when they moved from the N33)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Can you order ahead?

Yes we did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Has anyone eaten from the 2 new fish takeaways in Drogheda ?

Supercod- towards the top of peter street
    Funkyfish - down at the river on the quays beside constitution hill.

Might try one of them out this weekend, that place down the quay has been a takeaway restaurant a few times now,for some reason it doesn't inspire me to eat out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Has anyone eaten from the 2 new fish takeaways in Drogheda ?

Supercod- towards the top of peter street
    Funkyfish - down at the river on the quays beside constitution hill.

Might try one of them out this weekend, that place down the quay has been a takeaway restaurant a few times now,for some reason it doesn't inspire me to eat out of it.

Went down to try FunkyFish a couple of wks ago but they didnt have the card machine up & running & i had no cash on me....in fairness the girl behind the counter suggested ordering online in the shop, but i had no phone with me so no go there, so i wont be too hard on them for the lack of card machine. I know what you mean by its location, but when you go in, its well presented & looks clean so i wouldnt let that bother me.

Did get Supercod on Friday evening & was impressed. Again, no card machine working yet but i did have cash this time! Ordered Scampi & Chips, Calamari & Chips & 2 portions of Onion Rings. Was told it would be 15 mins wait, so im assuming it was all freshly cooked, because it tasted that way - all the batter was light & crispy. Nicest chipper onion rings ive had, and the other stuff was very tasty as well. The large gluten free menu will probably mean it will become our go-to chipper if it lasts

Noticed that place on the quays had a rebrand lately when I was by on the bike. Wouldn't be around that part of town at night/evenings at all so I've no idea when it was last open??? Think it was kebabs in it's last incarnation, but again no idea if they were trading recently or years ago.

Might give them and the other place a try, I like fish and chips but the places near us the chips are great but the fish is rubbish. fresh/smoked cod/not cod in crappy batter and way over priced.

Had Supercod this evening. Went for the plain old fresh cod and chips. €9.50 for fish, chips, and sauce but no drink included. It was nice. Will definitely be going again.

• Advertisement

Went to twenty twenty in dunleer last night. One of their specials this week is beef stragonoff. Has to be the nicest food I've eaten in a long long time. Highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭enricoh

Tried funky fish along the quays at the weekend.
    Got cod n chips, good portion, nice batter but the fish tasted as though it was in the depths of a freezer for a year! The missus got a burger n said it was lovely, chips were nice too.
    There's a new fish place on peter st I'll give a go. After that it's clogherhead pier or nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

There’s a new fish and chip wagon out at the beach in Clogherhead, beside the lifeboat station, It’s very good. The one down by the pier hasn’t opened this year or last for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

prionnsias wrote: »
    There’s a new fish and chip wagon out at the beach in Clogherhead, beside the lifeboat station, It’s very good. The one down by the pier hasn’t opened this year or last for some reason.

Yeah sell 99's as well, €3 last Sunday for a 99 !

prionnsias wrote: »

We went last night. 3 fish and chips €30. Now it was nice but a tad expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

We went last night. 3 fish and chips €30. Now it was nice but a tad expensive
    I would have thought €10 was standard, tbf.....it's €12.95 for a fresh cod and chips in Leo Burdocks.

Fresh COD meal in my local chipper is 9 euro which includes a drink

I don't mind paying €10 if I think it's good value, I think the one at the pier was €10 too but you'd have to wait 30 mins which made it completely not worth it.

Just out of curiosity, does the one on the beech package in paper/card or sytrofoam?

Scotty # wrote: »
    I don't mind paying €10 if I think it's good value, I think the one at the pier was €10 too but you'd have to wait 30 mins which made it completely not worth it.

Just out of curiosity, does the one on the beech package in paper/card or sytrofoam?

Paper box

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know anything bout the apparent food truck fair up near Fantasia? Drove past today and there seemed to be two trucks inside.

Advertisement