Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

furiousox wrote: »
    What's the story with Tango's?
    I'm going there on Thursday night for the first time, is it good?

Yeh Tango's is delicious, you'll either love the curry or deem it ok.

Spare ribs are fantastic. Just tuck in on everything, it's all you can eat for €19 I think.

Beautiful surroundings and very friendly staff.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but can't remember seeing it on here - the Boiled Onion has closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I did like the food in the boiled onion but the decor left a lot to be desired. It hadn't been done up in years.

Tangos food is delish, but the all you can eat has gone up to €21. However the menu has been added to, with more starters and mains to choose from, and it's still well worth it.

If you're going with a group, get loads of different starters and try something new, they're all lovely, particularly the salt and chilli chicken and spare ribs in honey sauce.

particularly the salt and chilli chicken and spare ribs in honey sauce.

Yeah they are both tasty.

It was €18, then last time I went it (quite a while ago) it was €19, disappointing that they have put it up again but whenever I drive by (travel from outside into drogheda that way) the window seats are always full.

Considering crispy duck is usually €9-12 on most menus it's still a decent price if you take that option. It's also a nice way to sample new things that you wouldn't otherwise buy in a take-out. Plus everything I have had there is very tasty.

Also open for lunch too I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Have had meals twice in Bia, and I have not been dissappointed, place was packed had to wait a few minutes for a table it was myself the husband and our 3 kids on the last visit. The girl who welcomed us was very friendly.

Got our table, ordered Chicken Cashew Nut and Noodles for my meal husband had Spicey beef noodles and the kids had the kids meals. Saus / goujons and chips.

My Chicken and Cashew was delicious, husband was dead impressed also... Big portions as well. Kids had ice creams and we all had a drink and the meal came to €36. A bargain for a family meal out.

Service is good, staff are very busy but still friendly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i always say that i leave bia feeling i have been underchraged:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

In_tuition wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been mentioned already but can't remember seeing it on here - the Boiled Onion has closed down.

haven't been in years, was it same ownership / management as when it 1st opened ? they used to operate in Reds didn't they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

friends of mine had a meal in the boiled onion on sat night...must be new lease holders or something they seemed happy with it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 joker1

In_tuition wrote: »

I dont think it has closed down ...... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?v=info&id=100000438601529

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 barmanboiledoni

The Boiled Onion has not closed down. We've simply closed Mondays to Wednesdays. The owners are still the same and it has been done up recently. I hope that answers the last few posts. Check us out on our Facebook page. boiledonion is the name of the page. Hope to see you soon.
    Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

whelan1 wrote: »
    i always say that i leave bia feeling i have been underchraged:D

it's fab value...lovely service and great food!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Another lovely meal in bella Atina on sat nite. Definitely my fav place to eat in Drogheda now

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I had two takeaways from Peony last week and have to say they were very tasty, so much so that its my new no.1 Chinese, bumping Chans in Bettystown to second and Wok's Cooking into third. On the first occasion there wasn't a single sit down customer in the restaurant which made me feel bad for them, especially as the food was so good. Last night there was only one table in use, this at half eight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well I have been to Eastern Seaboard for a meal twice in the last fortnight.

First time, I had crostini and brill.

WOuld not recommend the crostini, quite a strong flavour, The brill was nice, well cooked, nicely seasoned, Service seemed to be better at night time than what it is like during the day.

Second time, I went for the pail of shrimp and rib eye steak.. This meal was delicious.. Shrimp was a big portion. The Rib Eye was seasoned to perfection, creamy mash and green beans were delicious too.

Also the chicken wings are delish, They are shaved and are a sort of Sweet Buffalo flavour. Yum

Again service was good second time round, and reasonable as well. Like the little loaf you get at the beginning of the meal...

the shrimp are amazing as are the calamari, in the ESB&G... rib eye always gorgeous..try the balsamic puy lentils-divine!!:)
    Quality wrote: »
    Well I have been to Eastern Seaboard for a meal twice in the last fortnight.

First time, I had crostini and brill.

WOuld not recommend the crostini, quite a strong flavour, The brill was nice, well cooked, nicely seasoned, Service seemed to be better at night time than what it is like during the day.

Second time, I went for the pail of shrimp and rib eye steak.. This meal was delicious.. Shrimp was a big portion. The Rib Eye was seasoned to perfection, creamy mash and green beans were delicious too.

Also the chicken wings are delish, They are shaved and are a sort of Sweet Buffalo flavour. Yum

Again service was good second time round, and reasonable as well. Like the little loaf you get at the beginning of the meal...

have you tried it to see what the 'hyper-ness' is about?:confused:

bottomdog wrote: »
    Well well, another red hot review for the seaboard !! 'Love it Love it Love ....!!!!!! OMG such incredible love for the Seaboard.. Gordan Ramsey himself must be in the kitchen or is there something else that has people so hyper about the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

was ther on saturday night -its now very ordinary i ferl with no atmosphere and empty by 11 oclock.
    i remember not been able to get in to it a few years ago on a sat.
    i booked friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

blingrhino wrote: »
    was ther on saturday night -its now very ordinary i ferl with no atmosphere and empty by 11 oclock.
    i booked friday!

Well...there is a recession on, in case you hadn't noticed. Most places aren't packed out on a Saturday night anymore.

I'm a big fan of the Seaboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

eth0_ wrote: »
    Well...there is a recession on, in case you hadn't noticed. Most places aren't packed out on a Saturday night anymore.

I'm a big fan of the Seaboard!

If you look in his thread title you'll see he's actually talking about Carlito's.
    I thought he was talking about the Eastern Seaboard too at first.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Me too lol

• Advertisement

An outrageous slur on the Seaboard I think you'll agree! ;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Permission to lol sir?

lol! :D

blingrhino wrote: »
    i booked friday!

Where is Carlito's? also has anyone tried the new..or maybe not so new but I only just heard about it?:) Anderson's in the High Lane gallery? their Dublin places are apparently gorgeous!

Carlito's is in Dunleer.

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

carlitos is lovely , but would only go there once a year its so dear , ok you can get the early bird but the last time it was over 100 euro for the two of us , just not acceptable in this day and age me thinks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Haven't been out there in years, used to love the "little mouthful" dessert yum :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

The Boiled Onion has now closed for good.
    It closed up last Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

That is sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

ask ETHO- im sure he has a smart arse answer for it or he can blame the recession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭drogsnookerclub

Was at a christening over the weekend in the Glenside, the food was great, everyone thought so, there was a retired chef in the party who was very impressed *thumbs up*

Advertisement