Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Slunk wrote: »
    They also sell a nice Irish craft beer. Cumins I think it was called.

By any chance was it Curim from O'Hara's in Carlow?

Pic here: http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Curim_Gold_Irish_Wheat_Beer-z-product-product-788-context-catalogue-page-1.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Lollymcd wrote: »

Yep that's the one. 5.50 a bottle I think it was. Quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Lollymcd wrote: »

Yep that's the one. 5.50 a bottle I think it was. Quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Has the Tower restaurant in Millmount closed down?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

furiousox wrote: »
    Has the Tower restaurant in Millmount closed down?

I heard that a week or two after they opened they were broken into and vandalised, then anybody that had a booking was rung and told that they were closed. Maybe they didn't have insurance in place or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Just back from eastern seaboard, parents had never been so I wanted to treat them, they absolutely loved it, delighted. I got the burger myself, it's been a year since I had tried it so I cant remember what it was like before but i thought it was lovely. The crab cakes are still delicious as ever, forgot how much I loved them. €180 for 6 of us with 3 courses and drinks, grand job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Rossin wrote: »
    Just back from eastern seaboard, parents had never been so I wanted to treat them, they absolutely loved it, delighted. I got the burger myself, it's been a year since I had tried it so I cant remember what it was like before but i thought it was lovely.

Tell me, did it look like this:

7b4719cee55511e1a3361231381f344b_7.jpg

bun looks the same, had red onion,no mayo, dont remember there being all that much lettuce if any! i had cheese and bacon on mine, didn't look too hard at it tbh but it tasted good

my brother ordered the large mushroom thingy for vegetarians and said it was delicious, particularly good

only flaw i noticed was i asked for vinegar and then my brother asked a different waiter for ketchup and neither arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Honest Bob

Hi all,

Has anybody else heard anything about the Pizzeria re-opening in Clogherhead?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Greekwife

2 Questions

1. Is The Tower Restaurant still closed / closed permanently ?

2. Can anyone recommend a good Chinese now that King of Kings is gone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Have you tried the Chinese in wheaton hall? Delish

Also went for dinner wheee the king of kings was, masterchef I think it's called

Served really quickly,very attentive staff,

Food was very nice

Was about 50 quid for three of us for early bird

Will go back, pity we were only ones there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

PinkFly wrote: »
    Have you tried the Chinese in wheaton hall? Delish

+1. They are called "Woks Cooking". Woks Cooking + The Noodle Box (although I haven't ordered from Noodle Box in a while) completely covers my Asian take-away needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

its a bit outside Drogheda but the monaster pub have top notch grub.its a pub tho and a fair bit out of town but I've eaten many times here and in this neck of the woods its the place to fill yer belly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Greekwife wrote: »
    2. Can anyone recommend a good Chinese now that King of Kings is gone ?

Its back open under a different name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Some interesting reading on tripadvisor as far as Drogheda restaurants go.
    Nice to see Simona's at No.1 and shock-horror.....the seaboard has dropped to no.5 with a lot of very average reviews.
    Heading to Antica Toscana (no.6) on Friday night and looking forward to it.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurants-g186624-Drogheda_County_Louth.html

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

positron wrote: »
    +1. They are called "Woks Cooking". Woks Cooking + The Noodle Box (although I haven't ordered from Noodle Box in a while) completely covers my Asian take-away needs.

We get woks cookin during the week when their €10 meal offer is on, but if it's the weekend we get a noodle box (love the beef black pepper noodle)

Plus heading around to woks during the week is good for comedic effect, the owner is hilarious to listen to. Same patter to everybody, every call in the loud liverpudlian/chinese accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

CMpunked wrote: »

Its back open under a different name.

Yip Masterchef!

Yip Masterchef!

Which reminds me, the real MasterChef series, is back on BBC HD from tonight.

Greekwife wrote: »
    2 Questions

1. Is The Tower Restaurant still closed / closed permanently ?

Yes/Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

Plus heading around to woks during the week is good for comedic effect, the owner is hilarious to listen to. Same patter to everybody, every call in the loud liverpudlian/chinese accent.

Karen is a gas ticket! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any recommendations re the Salthouse up near the Bull Ring??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

We get woks cookin during the week when their €10 meal offer is on, but if it's the weekend we get a noodle box (love the beef black pepper noodle)

The one in wheaton hall??

1j2q1i.giffacepalm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

furiousox wrote: »
    Some interesting reading on tripadvisor as far as Drogheda restaurants go.
    Nice to see Simona's at No.1 and shock-horror.....the seaboard has dropped to no.5 with a lot of very average reviews.
    Heading to Antica Toscana (no.6) on Friday night and looking forward to it.

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restaurants-g186624-Drogheda_County_Louth.html

I dont really trust those tripadvisor restaurant reviews to be honest. Ive just gone throught the list and number 3 is Da Paolos which closed owing his satff wages.
    I think some places just put up there own reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Yip Masterchef!

Masterchef has been closed about 2 months now. It is back open under the name Asian Cook-In. Food is a lot nicer than it was when it was Masterchef. The chefs and staff from the original King of Kings are back working in it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Went in for an afternoon dinner yesterday with the GF. The menu outside was tempting enough to go in. The interior is really nice! The seats are comfortable and spaced out nicely. Some places have you packed in on top of each other.

The vey friendly waitress showed us available seats and let us choose, which was nice. We got the chicken wings, I asked if the wings were enough to be shared, she said there was about enough for one person. Well we could have shared them, there was feckin loads! And they were really nice!!

For mains I had the burger and she had the baby chicken. The Burger was delicious. Nice use of herbs with cheese, relish, bacon and mayo with a side of thin cut chips. Only thing was the burger is plated on a long wooden thing. Id much prefer a plate. But not a big issue. food was amazing.

Her baby chicken was on top of nice whipped potatoes with asparagus wrapped in bacon and she said it was lovely. I didn't try it but ill take her word for it.

On the shelving under the TV we noticed lots of board games that people were free to use. Like scrabble, connect 4, monopoly and others. We noticed a couple of people just chilling out playing board games which was a really nice touch!

Also, if you do go in, check out the bathrooms! (Never thought id say that.)

Nice place, nice food, good service.

2 starters and 2 mains cost us just about €40

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Was in there Saturday night for the 1st time... a fine spot!
    Drogheda needs more bars/casual dining like this.
    Didn't eat, but mates did and the ordered the slider burgers which were delish but appeared to be MASSIVE! almost the size of actual burgers.
    Staff were sound, casual dining with a band in the background later on, seems a cool spot all the same. Will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1112/breaking40.html?via=mr
    It's a bit like Raymond Coyle's outburst in here?! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Tried Chanco's Sunday lunch in the town at the weekend.

Very nice, prompt service 12.50 euro for 3 courses( starter, mains, tea or coffee). Children's menu 6 euro( about 5/6 options) and free ice cream for kids. Prawn crackers galore.

Very good value, food was nice and fresh would recommend. Pity to see it so quiet, only 3 tables in use when we were there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Has anyone tried the Punjabi House on the Dublin Road for a sit-down meal recently? Good, bad or indifferent?

Is it still bring your own wine/beer?

Thanks!!!!

Advertisement