Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

i know i moan about the quality and pricing of eating out in Drogheda!
    however , Punjabi is one restaurant that i like and frequent, handy to bring your own and some of the set meals are good value.
    the pub beside it is very good too , railway tavern, do a bottle of wine for €10 and have a good fire going and entertainment on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joshuatree007

In D'vine on NYE, really disapointed, place was freezing, Mens toilet was out of order and I had to tell them this and ask where to go! Food really average. It has gone really down hill in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

PinkFly wrote: »
    Any one try the cafe up at Tescos since it has reopened? Something Lemonade is the name of it

Lemonade Café

Had a coffee in it yesterday, not much of a review, but the coffee was nice!. Menu looked good (sandwiches, wraps, bagels, etc as well as hot food), and the place was busy which I guess is a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

had scrambled eggs on toast and coffee in it one of the mornings before christmas , was grand, seem like nice people

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

PinkFly wrote: »
    Any one try the cafe up at Tescos since it has reopened? Something Lemonade is the name of it

Pretty terrible place. Had a coffee and a hot chocolate - both cold and weak. The hot beverage prices are OK, but everything else is very expensive. Although it was fairly busy (unwarranted imo) there were very few people eating any food, I can only presume due to the bad prices. Wouldn't go there again nor recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Rossin wrote: »

I got Dennis the Menace while my husband got the Beano.

Written as female, but reviewer shown as male.
    "Reviewed by Gerard Carthy"

Unless of course they are a "Modern Family". :D

Always very dubious of reviews via commercial sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

New Cairnes menus look pretty good!

New menu from the 11th of jan.
    New breakfast menu starting on saturday the 12th.

Three very good looking courses on offer for 25 quid too. Think i'll be heading down on sunday for lunch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Mylow wrote: »
    I got Dennis the Menace while my husband got the Beano.

Written as female, but reviewer shown as male.
    "Reviewed by Gerard Carthy"

Unless of course they are a "Modern Family". :D

Always very dubious of reviews via commercial sites.

I presume he is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

CMpunked wrote: »
    New Cairnes menus look pretty good!

New menu from the 11th of jan.
    New breakfast menu starting on saturday the 12th.

Three very good looking courses on offer for 25 quid too. Think i'll be heading down on sunday for lunch! :D

€10 for a breakfast !!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Yogic

Just had a look at the breakfast menu in Cairnes , €10 for a breakfast indeed. I don't consider myself to be a tightwad but I won't be paying it at any rate. I'm puzzled as to how they can serve breakfast in a bar that opens late. Is it because they are attached to a hotel they can open that early ?
    To be fair their dinner and lunch menus are lovely , my only gripe being that if it is busy some of the tables ( the ones made from pallets ) are near impossible to eat off . They are so low you would be better off sitting on the floor and pretending it is an authentic Japanese dining experience.

• Advertisement

Yogic wrote: »
    Just had a look at the breakfast menu in Cairnes , €10 for a breakfast indeed. I don't consider myself to be a tightwad but I won't be paying it at any rate. I'm puzzled as to how they can serve breakfast in a bar that opens late. Is it because they are attached to a hotel they can open that early ?
    To be fair their dinner and lunch menus are lovely , my only gripe being that if it is busy some of the tables ( the ones made from pallets ) are near impossible to eat off . They are so low you would be better off sitting on the floor and pretending it is an authentic Japanese dining experience.

Obviously, yes.
    d hotel guests with Breakfast included in their rate are entitled to a Full Irish Breakfast and
    Continental from the Buffet. A la Carte Dishes are available for €2 extra each.

From the bottom of the menu.

i thought the D hotel was closing for january and february?

whelan1 wrote: »
    i thought the D hotel was closing for january and february?

By NAMA I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

give us back jumpin jacks!

give us back jumpin jacks!
    or snackmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Rossin wrote: »
    I have eaten there twice and I have never been offered bread at the table! Also some of the waitresses are downright surly. Food is nice though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

There's a sign over the old chipper in the Bull Ring beside Tuites saying "Opening soon Da Pizzeria"
    Is it yer man from Peter St again I wonder?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

furiousox wrote: »
    There's a sign over the old chipper in the Bull Ring beside Tuites saying "Opening soon Da Pizzeria"
    Is it yer man from Peter St again I wonder?

I seen that this morning myself, i think its the guy who previously had the chipper/sit in restaurant there years ago.(He still has the chipper in Bettystown across from Funtasia ), I seen him renovating it in the past couple of months in the evening time.
    I could be wrong though, he may have renovated it just for leasing/sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Yer man from the pizzeria is open in clogherhead main st I believe .

Terrible name tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

I noticed all this week that Mullens chipper at the top of Mary st has been closed. I went passed it on foot this afternoon and looked through the side window and it was in total darkness inside.All the equipment is still in place .

I am wondering if it has just closed for a Holiday or gone totally ?
    I know it has not been doing too well of late, not as many punters as there once was using it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

blingrhino wrote: »
    Yer man from the pizzeria is open in clogherhead main st I believe .

yea i heard this myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

He's working in Simona's cafe too, might be a temporary thing.

CPL 593H

lamoss wrote: »
    I noticed all this week that Mullens chipper at the top of Mary st has been closed. I went passed it on foot this afternoon and looked through the side window and it was in total darkness inside.All the equipment is still in place .

I know it has not been doing too well of late, not as many punters as there once was using it. :(

This would be a shame!

Also doubly for me as i'm only one sticker off a full loyalty card. :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's always had weird opening and closing times, but I'd be sad to hear its gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

As far as I know Mullens was closed for a couple of days due to a problem with the equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

Been looking for a decent chinese on the north of the river..any suggestions?

...our old usual has changed hands and slide down the crapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Which one is that?

bastados wrote: »
    Been looking for a decent chinese on the north of the river..any suggestions?

...our old usual has changed hands and slide down the crapper.

Asian Cook In, up at the cinema. I got my first one there the other day and it was lovely.

Get the duck. Its amazing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

Good News :D Mullens has re-opened, went passed tonight in the car and is open again.

you can get that last sticker now for your full loyalty card , C.M. :pac:

Advertisement