Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I got the 5 euro Wednesday special fresh cod fillet + chips from Roma last week and I have to say it was delicious, could not have been tastier.
    Give that a try and see what you think.

I certainly will!! Looking forward to it now!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Anyone know if Bizou moved somewhere, or did they just go bust? I miss their food :(

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Anyone know if Bizou moved somewhere, or did they just go bust? I miss their food :(

God hope not loved in there mind u thought the food slipped a bit bit pricey too

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I believe they went out of business, though I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Honest Bob

Bizou closed a number of months ago

• Advertisement

Hi guys did punjabi change there chief just ordered a Mandras hot and thought it tasted diffrent very sweet didn't like t much??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Honest Bob wrote: »
    Bizou closed a number of months ago

Oh, I know. I think I was even the person to break the news on here.

Was just hoping someone might have news that they simply opened up somewhere else, and that I could get another of their wraps :( Guess not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Hi,

Does anyone have the number for the new La Pizzeria in Clogherhead? Don't want to go up at the weekend and it to be full.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Honest Bob

The number for the Pizzeria is 041-9822223.

I dont think that it's open on a Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dub in Louth

Thanks Honest Bob. Ill give them a ring tomorrow so. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Just be aware that they don't always pick up. You might have to ring a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Any reports on the new Pizzeria in Drogheda ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Carra23 wrote: »
    Any reports on the new Pizzeria in Drogheda ?
    Hi. We went there just over a week ago. Décor was nice although it was stifling hot. Think it was because the ovens are in view and they cook the pizzas in front of you.
    Started of fine. Got our starters. Garlic bread with cheese for 2 of us. Other person went for the bruchetta. All tasty.
    One of our group does not eat cheese (yes, I know- pizza without cheese???? Doesn't make sense to me!). She reiterated this numerous times whilst ordering. Myself and my husband ordered regular pizzas. When they arrived out, my friends had cheese and my husbands had no cheese! They took them back- plonked cheese on top of my husbands and gave it back to him. Apparently it was overcooked and horrible. They remade the pizza without cheese.
    Now, I understand mistakes can be made. However, a guy asked how our meal was (he must have been a manager). When he was told what happened, he just shrugged and said sorry and moved off.
    It kinda left a bad taste in our mouth (excuse the pun!). As a gesture of good will, they could have offered us a free drink or a reduction in the bill. Shame as the pizza I had was pretty good. I will be slow to go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Tried Ajanta recently. Starters were excellent but I was disappointed with the mains. The Saag was bland and the Rogan Josh tasted like tomato soup. Naan & rice were very good. I'll give them one more go as the starters are so good. Just don't know what mains to try.

zac8 wrote: »
    Tried Ajanta recently. Starters were excellent but I was disappointed with the mains. The Saag was bland and the Rogan Josh tasted like tomato soup. Naan & rice were very good. I'll give them one more go as the starters are so good. Just don't know what mains to try.

Got a feed in there desperate never again food is terrible!!!!

I think the Punjabi got a new cook up there not the same either

bewhiched wrote: »
    Got a feed in there desperate never again food is terrible!!!!

I think the Punjabi got a new cook up there not the same either

Yeah I agree on Punjabi. I used to like it.

If you haven't tried it you should check out Fuchsia House in Ardee. Their lamb rogan josh is fantastic. I've been driving up there for my Indian takeaways lately. Still think I'll give Ajanta one more go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

zac8 wrote: »
    Tried Ajanta recently...the Rogan Josh tasted like tomato soup.
    Funny...the sauce in their Chicken Tikka tasted just like spicy tomato soup to me, although it was delicious. The Tandoori Chicken is served without any sauce.

Ordered from Bengal Spice and when the wife opened the rice there was a short black curly hair sitting on top. Lovely!

Ahhh Jesus nothing nothing worse. Know it's miles away but cinnomon garden in Ashbourne amazing!!!!! Best Indian iv ever had

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Carra23

Had 2 pizzas from the new pizzeria in Drogheda during the week. They were rubbish. Dry, bland, very sparing with the toppings. Wont go again, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is eastern seaboard still the best place in drogheda for dinner? Have only been once and was impressed but felt a bit rushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

Never had a bad meal in the seaboard but we were in D'Vine recently and we both thought it was much better than the seaboard.
    Rib-eye steak is really good.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drogtastic

had pizza in the new pizzaria in John st. It was desperate. Absolutely rubbish.

Cant understand why any drogs would want to go there.

Punjabi house dublin road is still spinning out superb indian food - the himalayan in john st does excellent takeaways (try the kathmandu - stunning!).

There's lots of good and bad places besides but at least we have a good choice these days - remember years ago? It was curry chips in the genoa or queue for 2 hours to get a giant burnt steak in donegans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Hi there. Was just wondering is D'Vine a nice place to go to? Have never been and was thinking of booking there. Also, do any of the restaurants in Drogheda do a 'bring your own wine' deal? Havn't heard if any do before. Thanks

macslash wrote: »
    Also, do any of the restaurants in Drogheda do a 'bring your own wine' deal? Havn't heard if any do before. Thanks

Aisha's and Punjabi House do 'bring your own bottle'.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Have been working up in Drogheda for the last 7 weeks.Pass by Cafe Lemonade beside Tesco every day.Always meaning to drop in for food but haven't got the chance yet.Is it worth stopping off for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

No :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Phoenix3 wrote: »
    Have been working up in Drogheda for the last 7 weeks.Pass by Cafe Lemonade beside Tesco every day.Always meaning to drop in for food but haven't got the chance yet.Is it worth stopping off for?

It's quite nice, prices aren't exactly rock bottom but everything is freshly homemade so worth the extra bob or two for the quality.

Has anyone been to bia in the last while?
    It's been months since I was there after getting a half cooked and oily stir fry.
    Seems to have changed hands since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

My daughter and her friends went to the new Pizzeria on James Street the other day. They were left standing outside for 40mins waiting on a table that they had booked not a good start even though they had a reservation and were given no apology!
    They had to wait another 30 mins before they received their starters...which were already prepared the flies were enjoying them while they were waiting! It was so hot in the restaurant, uncomfortably so.
    The garlic bread was bread, not toasted or hot, with a drizzle of oil. The Bruschetta wasnt toasted.
    They had to wait another forty min for main courses...one of their party had to wait another 15 mins for her main course because the chef did not see it on the order and he gave out to the waiters in front of the customers....the pizzas were bad, salty but bland and barely any toppings...the pasta was ok though!
    When they complained they ignored them even more. They called for the bill...at that stage had enough it took quite a while and a few askings...no apology for the delay....They ended up going to mcdonalds for desert...thats how bad it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

gonker wrote: »
    My daughter and her friends went to the Pizzeria in the town the other day. They were left standing outside for 40mins waiting on a table that they had booked not a good start even though they had a reservation and were given no apology!
    They had to wait another 30 mins before they received their starters...which were already prepared the flies were enjoying them while they were waiting! It was so hot in the restaurant, uncomfortably so.
    The garlic bread was bread, not toasted or hot, with a drizzle of oil. The Bruschetta wasnt toasted.
    They had to wait another forty min for main courses...one of their party had to wait another 15 mins for her main course because the chef did not see it on the order and he gave out to the waiters in front of the customers....the pizzas were bad, salty but bland and barely any toppings...the pasta was ok though!
    When they complained they ignored them even more. They called for the bill...at that stage had enough it took quite a while and a few askings...no apology for the delay....They ended up going to mcdonalds for desert...thats how bad it was.

The new one in John street ?
    Seems to be a lot of negative reports on this restaurant .
    Believe a former pizzeria owner in Peter st ad him in te high court over the original name "da pizzeria " and they were made change it - still looks similar though ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Have had a good few excellent meals in D'Vine. Had one miss but the rest of my table had an excellent meal and I'm sure they would have fixed it for me if I'd wanted to make a fuss (which I didn't, I wasn't paying for the meal and had plenty to eat). Would definitely recommend it.

Advertisement