Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

I typed this up a while ago and never posted, don't know why..! May be I would know if I read it again - but I am busy today..! So, apologies in advance! :D

We had another good reason to celebrate, so we decided to check out Eastern Sea Board.

So typical of me I left it till 3pm to reserve a table for the same evening. The woman on phone started off stating they are really booked out that night, and offered just two slots. One a decent slot and another when A&Es starts filling up with drunks. We picked the decent one, and strolled in just in time.

The restaurant is dimly lit around the entrance area, and as soon as your eyes get used to the darkness, the controlled chaos wallops you across the face. To the right there’s the main eating area where people seems to be skinning their road kill, and to the left there’s drunken people tripping over each bleeding from fist fights.

No, not really. It’s a bit noisy, but it’s manageable, unless you have a headache, which I had. Anyway, the décor looked nice. Its has semi-pub feel to it, but has a honest appearance too – may be it was a tad bid cold, but may be that’s just the weather that evening. I not the type of person who can take one glance at something and give public seminars on what I saw, but we had plenty of time to take all this in as we were left standing there for about three minutes. I won’t say we were totally ignored intentionally, because most of the staff members seems to be running in and out of the cash till to our left, holding bits of paper and money, looking totally baffled by the technical contraption in front of them, so I won’t blame them for failing to notice us two indignant people by the door! Physiological Advantage Easter Sea Board!

After another few more minutes of doing our best ‘sad doggy eyes’, they did eventually took pity on us and guided us to a table near the drinks counter side, and a warm and well spoken woman, who seems to run a lot of the show there, came up to us and briefly apologized for the delay - apparently they had a large birthday party dining going on and that is keeping them on their toes. Explains the family road-kill feast that was going on so.

I have to admit I am not as fit as I used to be (err, or when I used to think I am), so I did find it rather tricky to get comfortable on those high chairs – they had no footrests! We first got two single sheets menus with an apology of printer running out of paper or something, and within seconds, they found a few of those famous clipboard menus for our reading pleasure!

We soon realised we are seated between two tables of old acquaintances. I guess when the tables are close to the pub counter, people tend to behave a bit like that too –they looked happy to meet, which they kept reassuring every five minutes – no harm I suppose.. Except that now I know where two of them work, that the woman to my left has a son who moved to Australia and she is going to visit there and Toronto next month to visit her daughter. Okay, lovely.. urgh.. Whatever! The only plus side is that with the all the shouting around us, it wasn’t easy to make ourselves heard to each other – which meant less talking – which is not a bad thing I suppose since I was out there with my wife! :D

Wine list was nice, we picked some white, which turned out lovely and mild, and not too expensive. They brought around some bread on breadboard to the table – which was a class touch because it felt really fresh and tasted pretty nice.

The starters arrived in good time, and it arrived well- read ‘a lot’. Generous portion sizes seem to be their style at Eastern Sea Board. Starter was yummy and left me half full, and the main dish (we had picked steak) was perfect, and was nearly impossible to finish with the generous massive side order portions. The food was well presented and tasted lovely. We skipped dessert as we would have needed assistance to help slide down from those highchairs..

On the side, we noticed we were being looked after by about three girls – there were at least three attempts to take our order (one didn’t know we just had our menus, the other got the order and the third didn’t know we had ordered). And two attempts to get us order the dessert. And three came around to see if we are all okay and if we need anything else. I will never complain about too much care, but for their own benefit, they might want to streamline this a bit – just the basics - like assign a few tables to each, and have one senior person to get feedback / build the rapport further etc.

Conclusion: Exactly opposite of my experience at Indus, which I posted at the start of this thread (admittedly, that was a long time ago). Tasty food, good quantity and not over-the-top prices (not cheap either).

I still miss Lemongrass, but EasternSeaBoard does fill that gap – in their own way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Famous45

Was in Donegans on Monday night, staff were rude and the food was below average, had Salmon. Want be heading back for a while.

Went to Snailbox (Kilmoon Cross) on Tuesday night, had steak, it was decent. It's a nice place and irish folklore music in the background definitely made me feel cosy. Decent place to eat will be returning again.

Went to Indus last night with my wife and another couple. It was not especially busy, with one party of about twelve and maybe ten other people plus a steady stream of people for take away.

If you've been you'll know it's got a nice decor (not everyone's taste but it is good quality and I like it) with a very nice bar area and upmarket cutlery and crockery etc. A very pleasant waitress (who we've seen several times before) served us politely and efficiently.

Prices have been slashed by about 40% since I last went. They are now very competitive on food prices. The quality of the ingredients is high - no wilting lettuce, stodgy rice or unidentifiable meat - and it's well cooked. I'd happily recommend it to anyone who likes well cooked and well presented Indian food

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

foodlover09, if you want to post sensational waffle like that I suggest you get yourself a blog.

Deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Prices have been slashed by about 40% since I last went.

Thats interesting...say for example how much is the old staple tikka masala and pilau rice knocking us back now, for comparison purposes?

Might have to take another run up. Had even given up on getting takeaway from it, 2 tikkas and a couple of naans was knocking us back the guts of 30 quid to take out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Went here on Sunday for lunch. Had never been even since before renovations. Very nice decor throughout.

Thought it was pub grub but was carvery. We stayed none the less.
    Bar spotless & toilets v clean, "restaurant" in seperate area.

Sunday carvery 4.50 for starters, 12.50 for mains, not sure about dessert.
    Presentation excellent & food excellent, carvery food but served from kitchen like proper restaurant not slapped on your plate in front of you.

Service was great, lots of pleasant servers, place was busy with mixture of families, couples.

53 euro for 2xstarters, 2xmains,1dessert,2 pints, & 2 minerals. Can recommend the toblerone cheesecake.
    Usually not a big fan of carvery but was top notch & great value will definitely be back, a la carte served during the week apparently so will be back to try that.

Ate in two different places recently (not someone who eats out a lot though, so i can only give my thoughts on them from an outsider's kind of perspective).

First was Hanratty's on a Friday night. Main course I ordered there was their steak, chips and pepper sauce. It was absolutely gorgeous. Lovely food. The pepper sauce was nice and thick, and everyone who ordered it at the table got their own little bowl of it. they give you plenty of it. Honestly, if you're into steak/chips/pepper sauce then I highly reccomend you check it out. It's brilliant.

The other place was just a dinner really (ie; at like 2 or 3 in the day, not a fancy meal out or anything like that) the Pheasant (or Feasant, whichever way it's spelt). I know it's not really a restaurant-specific place (more a pub than anything else, but i thought id include it anyway to make my post a little more worthwhile). That place is definitely not equipped for eating food. Just pub chairs and tables, so you have to lean down a fair bit when eating, and their chairs all have that "its gonna collapse under you" feeling. Same food again, although I din't use the pepper sauce this time around (it was too watery and didn't taste that great, if I'm being honest). The chips were nice and the steak wasn't too bad. They don't have anything on Hanratty's though (not that they're competition anyway. Both are very different types of place, I know).

I kno wmy views may be a little exaggerated both ways, but that's my honest appraisal of both. If ever I'm eating out again, i'll be off to Hanrattys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 juliogoose

i heard rumours about monks reopening. any ideas who is opening it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

just went to romanza this evening i thought it was great value for money and would deffo go back only downside was service was a bit slow

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Went to Indus last night with my wife and another couple. It was not especially busy, with one party of about twelve and maybe ten other people plus a steady stream of people for take away.

If you've been you'll know it's got a nice decor (not everyone's taste but it is good quality and I like it) with a very nice bar area and upmarket cutlery and crockery etc. A very pleasant waitress (who we've seen several times before) served us politely and efficiently.

Prices have been slashed by about 40% since I last went. They are now very competitive on food prices. The quality of the ingredients is high - no wilting lettuce, stodgy rice or unidentifiable meat - and it's well cooked. I'd happily recommend it to anyone who likes well cooked and well presented Indian food

Went there few weeks ago, food is ok'ish, portions of lamb dishes are very small. I am still not convinced by it. The decor is lovely etc, but food is very hit and miss.

Shame they didnt drop price of large bottles of Cobra... €7.95 a bottle....ouch.

I know a bit off topic, but compare prices in this place Cork with Drogheda. The food is fab, great staff and lovely setting. The ham hock is huge and the haddock is lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Just been to Eastern Seaboard and am v impressed!Sunday afternoons not so busy as Sat nights -I see some people said service could be a bit 'iffy'-but today it was top. Food was gorgeous-we got the Butcher Board to start-really tasty and one to share between two was plenty. The swordfish was yum and the grilled prawns were fab-really had an authentic bbq-ed flavour. Wine reasonabe too-the starter, two mains and four drinks came to e55..not bad!!lovely place and would recommend-lovely interior and v relaxed!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 auntsally09

RE Eastern Seaboard

It is most definately a husband and wife team as I have known them both for years however in saying that I'm far from impressed with the service or cleanliness and the temporary menus are still in place and it is now June!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 voodooqueen

Just had a take away from Indus tonight - really looking forward to a decent Indian.

Very dissapointing -got lamb vindaloo, which was bland and very mild, Lamb rogan josh which was ok, garlic naan with no garlic and bombay aloo - the potatoes were raw.

All that was nearly €35. Anyone know of anywhere better?

Used to decent food, love dessies near capel st!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

Strange so many new accounts (1 post) supporting Easter Sea Board, and slamming their immediate competition?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

positron wrote: »
    Strange so many new accounts (1 post) supporting Easter Sea Board, and slamming their immediate competition?

from the Irish Times this morning a good review but I dont know if she is a poster on boards:p.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2009/0704/1224249819408.html

FOURTH OF JULY: Word is spreading about Drogheda's quirky new restaurant. Eastern Seaboard Bar and Grill offers simpe but delicious food in dramatic surroundings. The flavour is distinctly US of A writes EILEEN BATTERSBY .

IT CATCHES THE eye: the great bird, triumphant, a fish in its bill held high against the dark blue evening sky. You may most likely have seen it before noticing you’ve crossed the four points of a traditional mariner’s compass there on the polished floor. A handsome buffalo head appears to be watching over the entire scene. There is a wall of glass decanters, a mix of antique and modern, while a trio of glass heads are engaged in the kind of conversation that never ends. There is a definite mood, relaxed and welcoming, it’s a place to be.

You could be in downtown Manhattan or back in Brooklyn, and yes, there is also a touch of San Francisco. Wherever it is, the feeling is good and the crab cakes might well make you think you’ve landed in heaven. A tattered vintage US flag hangs proudly.

Eastern Seaboard Bar and Grill is in Drogheda, Co Louth. Jeni Glasgow, from Balrath in Meath and her husband, chef Reuven Diaz, met in New York. The couple wanted to create something different. They have. Within weeks of opening, on Thanksgiving night, parties of diners had already begun travelling from Dublin by train; Drogheda train station is a couple of minutes’ walk from the restaurant.

It was a brave thing to do (“or maybe, just crazy?” suggests Glasgow), opening a new business at the beginning of a global recession. But it has flourished; the only “problem” they have had to contend with is the good weather.

“I remember thinking on bank holiday Monday, it seemed a little quieter than usual,” says Glasgow, a stylist and designer who spent five years working in Manhattan and enjoyed the energy of life there. “There were a couple of empty tables and I’m not kidding – that hasn’t happened, we are always so busy, then I realised – the sun was shining, we had competition, the weather.”

Be advised, it is often difficult to secure a table here, weekends are booking out in advance, and reservations which are now essential are being made from as far away as Tokyo and Denver, Colorado.

There were some teething pains – a robbery, a shock ESB bill charging €11,000 for one month (it was rectified), a huge dinner party that arrived unannounced and stayed long into the night, a chaotic evening of overbooking and power cuts, not forgetting a memorable episode with the definitive at-war-with-the-world customer from hell whose complaints were so extreme that Glasgow, who has a terrific sense of humour, quietly assumed it was a gag for candid camera. “I never got upset, I should have but I didn’t, I just went along with it, it was so crazy, I thought it was being filmed.”

The enthusiastic staff dress in a uniform of T- shirts printed with deliberately off-centre, striped ties and jeans, and enjoy being part of a business that marks occasions; a couple of hundred little horses decorated the space for the Cheltenham Festival, Obama’s election was greeted with on-the-house stars-and-stripes cupcakes and a specially concocted “Obama Breezer”, while bunny-shaped cookie cutters set the scene over Easter.

If there is a sense of America, it is original and not pastiche, the detail is subtle and quirky, the music is eclectic and always good. Even the most ardent of non-smokers would have to concede that the smoking area is attractively Deep South with foliage and low sofas; it is almost a café unto itself. On chilly evenings it is warmed by large free-standing, eco-friendly Bio-ethanol heaters using a fuel-derived from sugar cane. The colours throughout the restaurant and bar are earthy and muted. The large bird painting is a reproduction of the 19th-century American artist John James Audubon’s Great White Heron, which was painted in Key West in 1832, and selected by Diaz because of its spectacular power, and “also because the bird is having a meal”.

By day or by the night the painting is dramatic – Audubon, says Glasgow, represents a different aspect of American culture. “It’s less obvious, many people say, “what a great picture” while it’s great to see how our American guests spot the reference and enjoy it.” She commissioned the reproduction from a young artist, Sam Horler.

The buffalo is also interesting. “He is Irish, you know . . . he was bred here by a friend, Raymond Coyle, who actually has a herd of American buffalo in Co Meath. Our buffalo had a short happy life . . . we like to think he feels at home here.”

There are other animal heads, including a caribou, on the wall, and select pieces of antique furniture, a carved credenza, an oval inlaid table, a large Victorian screen with birds in relief on it.

The space is open and the seating is a clever mix of simple bistro chairs, dark wood tables and long sweeping curved wall seating. The feeling is relaxed and casual yet the look is stylish. Recently Eastern Seaboard was shortlisted for Best Restaurant Design as well as for Best Newcomer in the annual Restaurant Association of Ireland awards.

In planning the menus the couple wanted to offer delicious, simple food at reasonable prices such as a pail of deep-fried shrimp, a butcher’s board of cured meats or ploughman’s plate of warm crusty bread, sharp vintage cheddar cheese and sliced apple. The salted and seeded loaf is already a favourite, as is the American -style chocolate fudge brownie. Among the most popular features of the main menu are slow roast pork belly with salsa verde, the pan-fried mackerel with lemon and shallot dressing, and baby back ribs.

Diaz, a strong silent type with a flair for the one-liner, is a thoughtful chef and has focused on simplicity of preparation and presentation. He encourages his customers to “compose” their own dishes by selecting from an exciting selection of sides such as slow roast organic carrots, sauté baby spinach, sweet potato wedges and what has been widely complimented as possibly the world’s finest mashed potato. As for the aforementioned crab cakes, it has already been decided – you’ll be hard pressed to find their equal.

There is a neighbourhood feel to the place and it’s also a family restaurant, a number of party celebrations have been hosted here, including a local school’s cook book launch. It’s an ideal venue for a jazz session and Diaz is planning a classical guitar evening. Many parents have their stories of not being made welcome at restaurants when they arrived with young children. “I know that feeling too, I wanted to make our restaurant as child-friendly as I would expect a place to be for us.” The children’s menu has style not clichés – and offers sliced fillet steak, lamb chops and tiger prawns, as well as a complimentary appetiser of carrot sticks, cucumber spears and celery swords with a roasted red pepper dipping sauce and bread sticks.

Most of the food is locally sourced and small producers are encouraged; strawberries are delivered daily by Molly Mulvaney of Mornington, while elderflower cordial, rhubarb, butterhead lettuce and artichokes all come from the garden of their Balrath neighbours, John and Elizabeth Simpson. Glasgow and her children picked nettles in spring for a deliciously green soup that won a big following. “We’ve a regular customer who has promised the best beets ever from his allotment down by the railway tracks.” They wanted to get the community involved, and they have.

This time last year Jeni Glasgow, a woman of imagination and ideas who admits to thinking in images, was a freelance event and wedding planner, working from home, minding their two little boys, Finlay and Saul. Reuven, then working as a head chef, was approached about a premises. The space was available; it was but a shell so they planned and designed it from scratch.

It had one huge advantage: a large feature bow window with an almost nautical shape, like the bridge of a ship. It excited Glasgow who recalled the time her husband, then her fiancé, had given her a small compass when she was returning to Ireland. “He gave me the compass, saying it would help me find my way back to New York. It did. I went back and now we’re here.”

The compass motif is used to striking effect in the polished concrete floor which reflects the overhead lighting. Glasgow began sourcing fittings on the internet, from large capiz shell globe shades from the Philippines, to the New England-style lantern lights for over the bar area, to light shades from Denmark for the window ledge lamps. The shelving that would go behind the bar was to house a collection of decanters. Mo Glasgow, Jeni’s mother, also a stylist, contributed the first few pieces, along with the vintage stars-and-stripes flag which now takes pride of place and as Glasgow points out “signalled the beginning of our journey”.

Meanwhile, Reuven was designing a high-tech kitchen and amassing an international collection of fine whiskeys, while Glasgow organised the wine list.

Within two months of opening, they had also moved their entire household, including their six cats. Eastern Seaboard Bar and Grill has been open for seven months now. Since opening night, business has been good. Many people have quoted back to Diaz a comment he made when interviewed on local radio about the madness of beginning a new business at the start of a recession. “It’s never a bad time for a good idea,” he said, looking around at the close of another busy evening. He smiles at the memory. “This place has become bigger than us; it has taken over whatever we did in the past and become our present and future.”

It is hard work; all that attention to detail and the ability to make everything appear as natural as breathing takes commitment. “We really did think it would slow down after Christmas,” says Glasgow, “but it didn’t; the week days are often almost as busy as the weekends. I’ve noticed people who come for lunch, return for dinner. It’s so satisfying.”

She looks around and is happy. “I really like welcoming people into our place, when I see them settled in at a table, at the bar, deep in conversation. I think to myself, ‘this is what I wanted’ – aside from the great food, it’s to make a space that people enjoy.”

Today Eastern Seaboard Bar and Grill is marking Independence Day with complimentary New York-style giant pretzels with a sweet mustard sauce and the entire premises will be festooned with “about a million little stars-and-stripes flags”.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭D rog

Voodoo Queen,
    Try the punjabi house on the Dublin road- very tasty, and reasonable too...

Went to Eastern Seaboard a couple of weeks ago with friends and had an excellent meal - we booked during the week and could only get a table at 7.30 and undertook to be away by 9.30, which goes to show how popular it is! My better half says they serve food that Irish people like (!?) and even though I'm English, I know what she means.

Tried to get a table on Friday at the last minute for just the two of us, but could only get a bar table (you need a high stool to sit at it) so, despite missing out on lovely food, we said no thanks and went to Borzalino instead.

Now, I've been going to Borzalino for years and you can always rely on nice pasta or lovely pizza - I know the menu never changes but that's fine by me in some ways. Same staff for years, too, another good sign. Had the penne alla norcini (as usual!) and better half had a pizza. Both were delicious. But what really surprised us was there were only two other couples in the restaurant, on a Friday evening.

Of course, you're not comparing like with like but how come Eastern Seaboard is jammers and Borzalino is empty? Is it just "fashion"?

From what I remember Borzalinos is somewhat expensive for what it is, and the location is good bit outside the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Went to Scholars on Saturday, table booked for 9.30, 5 people. They have a special €25 offer on daily for any 3 courses. Little did we realise that the cheapest wine available was €25. The dishes arrived but each of them contained hardly any potatoes/other vegetables. Side orders were very small and cost €3.50 each so, conscious of cost we ordered just 2. The restaurant itself was like a sauna, I had to ask a waiter to open a window. Our table was situated uncomfortable close to another. So the entire meal, one bottle of wine, 2 extra coffees, and one steak supplement of €9.50 thrown in cost us €40 each (10% tip included).

I really don't see what the big deal with this place is, we all felt it was mediocre at best and a bit of a rip off. Think we'll stick with our old favourites in future, Pizzeria or Bella Atina.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Ate in the Eastern Seaboard a couple of weeks ago. It was fine, nothing special. I think many of the posters on this thread do it a disservice building it up so much.
    Nice paintings of monkeys in suits however. This says alot about how great the place is, how wonderful, how delightful, that the most memorable thing was monkey in suit picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Must agree with previous poster, the Punjabi House is always lovely and reasonable.

Have you all tried the Salthouse for an evening meal?

I'll start with the worst, by saying the menu can be small and it could be more comfortable.
    If you can get over those things (and it is worth getting over)- it does great food, great drinks, reasonable prices and great buzz about the place- it's usually packed in the evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 termon

Funny how everyones dislikes vary so much! I think the reason the eastern seaboard is so popular is because its simple and you can estimate before you go how much it will cost you. I've been about three times both day and night. I like it spacious enough to brink kids. the only thing is I think they rushed us a little Me and my partner went for a cigarette before anyone had cleared our starter remains and the mains were on the table when we got back. it takes 3-5 minutes for a fag. But apart from that I like it. Pity the chef used to be in the waterside in termonfeckin and since hes left its taken a total noise dive. Actually tried to get a table on Tuesday and they had nothing until nine. so ended up at the pink elephant which was lovely. The menu was a little confusing but I found the food tasty. Just to comment on scholars I find it overpretencious and that 10% is for the owners nothing of that gows to the staff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Humanhank

I've only been in Drogheda a few times for meetings, and i was brought to bia and bizou! Food in bia was good and cheap enough but try turning tables too quick. Bizou was good and cheaper than the last time i was there. Staff was really nice and great seeing the owners actually working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drogheda gal

I have been working in the service industry for 6 years and so I like to try out as many different restaurants as I can..

Regular visitor of the Eastern Seaboard..finally a restaurant in Drogheda serving simple, delicious reasonably priced food..staff all lovely and atmosphere always electric

Also frequent Romanza..food is always lovely..some staff can be slightly unfriendly..lovve the smoking area and the new
    early bird menu is fantastic value for money!

Roof Garden in Tommy Hanrattys..didnt know restaurants still served disgusting, frozen packet foods, dry and tasteless..service was terrible and was rushed through the meal in order for the staff to finish.

Bru used to be a great restaurant..always busy, great staff and food..over the last year it has gotten increasingly worse..food is terrible..even now serving some frozen stuff, staff are unfriendly and inattentive and for what you get, everything is very overpriced

For lunch there are some great places in drogheda..

Bia is fantastic, food lovely and so reasonably priced
    Jaffas food is frozen although can be tasty..staffnot very helpful. very overpriced (a baked potato costs 9euro!)
    Fuel cafe, unfriendly staff..food can vary and not a very comfortable place to sit and chat
    Bizou..food is gorgeous, esp breakfast, however I always found it slightly expensive
    Salthouse..great little spot, nice menu and food all fresh..staff are very friendly and helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭MGLman

Goodluck for the guys in Romanza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

MGLman wrote: »
    Goodluck for the guys in Romanza

?????
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

Must agree with previous poster, the Punjabi House is always lovely and reasonable.

I was there once with my better half and won't be returning as the food was completely average...I'm sure the garlic naan came from a supermarket and was reheated.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

I have tried a few drogheda restaurants lately.
    Eastern Seaboard - Terrible slow service but very good food...you will have a creak in your neck searchig for waiting ataff....chic.
    Bella Atina - Nice Italian, free glass of wine with mid week ( it was plonkish )...but food tasty.
    Salt House - excellent food, lovely sunday lunch, relaxed and free newspapers.
    Scholars- Nice , posh, bit pricy, it is a nice family option for the occasion.
    Indus - Head chef left but food nearly as good,,,,price drop of 40% makes it a real choice for indian.
    Punjab House- sorry but this is so 1980s....and exspensive.....okay after a few pints..
    Bru- okay for lunch never had the evening.
    Tango Chinese - eat all you want from menu for 18 euro....my top choice in town.
    FATE - oriental in bettystown is a nice choice....nothing fancy,
    Monasterboice - Still thinks the Celtic Tiger is out there....but menu is not as dear as it was...but still ott,,,
    Chanco--does not seem fresh,,,,has the artificial ingredients...but still okay.
    D'vine.....pokey but nice..

So Top award goes to Salthouse and Tango....

New chinese opening in Bryanstown soon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Is that Chinese up at millmount still open does anyone know?

Advertisement