Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Mooreland = cheap meals you could make better yourself if you could be arsed. Sorry to hear about that experience sounds awful

If you want a good breakfast try kings, the salt house or the bare food cafe, im sure others can recommend more.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Mooreland = cheap meals you could make better yourself if you could be arsed. Sorry to hear about that experience sounds awful

If you want a good breakfast try kings, the salt house or the bare food cafe, im sure others can recommend more.

Thanks IvoryTower, ive been to barefood a few times for breakfast and cant say I was too impressed, the place was packed though so im sure thats just me.
    Will try salthouse and kings on your recommendation. Stockwell Artisan foods cafe is also great, love it in there.

Thanks IvoryTower, ive been to barefood a few times for breakfast and cant say I was too impressed, the place was packed though so im sure thats just me.
    Will try salthouse and kings on your recommendation. Stockwell Artisan foods cafe is also great, love it in there.

I wasnt a big fan of the actual fry in bare food but eggs benidict was nice

I was only in stockwell artisan last week for a snack with my son, its a lovely spot, very friendly. didnt eat any real food but will deffo try it for lunch some day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭gipi

moonshadow wrote: »
    Sad news today , Bourkes the family in restaurant in peter st with probably the best full Irish and my favourite mixed omelette , was broken into and thrashed on Sunday night ,
    Had to close today to reinstate the place . It's an old style Drogheda cafe.
    That does quite well , give them a visit and a bit of support after this bang , I highly reccommend it even with all the buggies and grannies ;)

Called in this afternoon for the all day brekky. Staff are annoyed by what happened, but the place is back in business.
    Brekky is very decent grub, and I realised today that they open Sundays till 2pm! Lazy Sunday breakfast def on the agenda soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh what time do they open at? I didn't know they opened on a Sunday at all and we'd often be looking for somewhere but a lot of places don't open until 11 or 12 which is too late for us! We are early risers (or rather our kids are :P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,359 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Went to Bia for food yesterday.

I got the turkey and ham for 9.95e.
    Generous portions, quick service. The only thing I would quibble about is the ham was a piece of sliced ham.. as in.. from a packet :confused:

If they halved the turkey amount given and gave proper ham instead I wouldn't complain at all.

PS - I did ask when paying, if they simply ran out of ham and that's why they used the slice - but was told nope.

For Drogheda's finest average/poor food, look no further than Mooreland, Bia, Harpers, Bru, Barroco(not west29), Mariner, actually pretty much all the pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Simona for lunch today, Lasagne was incredible as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭gipi

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Oh what time do they open at? I didn't know they opened on a Sunday at all and we'd often be looking for somewhere but a lot of places don't open until 11 or 12 which is too late for us! We are early risers (or rather our kids are :P)

Sorry, just seeing your post now, CheerLouth. Burke's open at 9am on Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Had lunch in Weavers last week and was very impressed. The steak sandwich was delicious and the place itself was very nice. Will definitely be back.

It's the one time I've been there and it was quite quiet. Not been there on a night either but heard good things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Any recommendations for child friendly places to have lunch in Drogheda?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Had lunch in Weavers last week and was very impressed. The steak sandwich was delicious and the place itself was very nice. Will definitely be back.

It's the one time I've been there and it was quite quiet. Not been there on a night either but heard good things.

Agree with this, the food is very nice. On the nights out side it depends on the night. I've been in on a Thursday when there has been about 50 max but also been in on a Saturday night when tinned sardines would have more space.

toby2111 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for child friendly places to have lunch in Drogheda?

Lemonade beside tesco and relish on laurences street have play areas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

I see ESB getting alot of flack here and im sure its merited in the individual cases.

My two cents, i had lunch/brunch here Satudrday in a group of six and i thought it was fantastic. I had Monkfish tacos (back on the menu as a special!) and clams with orzo. Honestly top notch. A friend had mussels and seasonal greens which were great too. There were a couple of full irish fry ups which also went down well by all accounts. Moreover, the room was packed at 1pm and had a nice busy atmosphere with plenty of familes and kids around, was a nice place to be.

Funny how peoples tastes differ and one opinion is as valid as the next but ive eaten from the new menu a few times lately and everytime its been good. Hope it stays that way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I stopped going to ESB when they continually seemed not to have things on their menu in stock, and constantly had staff who were sour or just made me feel unwelcome. When their food is nice, it was awesome, but the atmosphere just put me off.

Have hit Casanova twice in the last month and enjoyed it. They do lunch specials; 2 courses for €12.50 or 3 for €15, and for the price, it's amazing. Left happy both times. First was better than the second, due to wait staff (there were two Irish girls the first time who were brilliantly friendly and helpful. The second there was a foreign guy whose English didn't seem great. He wasn't rude or anything, and I don't want to sound racist there, but his language skills were a bit of an issue. Still, the food was great both times).

Lemonade continues to provide the best breakfast roll in the town imo.

Annies does decent value for money with their lunches too imo; €8 is for a solid wrap or panini and a good portion of chip shop chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ..Casanova.. a foreign guy whose English didn't seem great...

Since Casanova does Italian and Mediterannian cousine - could you say it's part of the atmosphere / experience... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Went to Katie's Kitchen (the Thatch) for lunch. Kids were happy with their goujons and chips. My wings were nice as was my chicken burger...... But wife got ribs which were disgusting, lukewarm. Sent them back, they apologized. Her turkey and ham was decent yet also lukewarm. Can't understand places that serve lukewarm food especially when it's not busy. Wouldn't be rushing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Lemonade beside tesco and relish on laurences street have play areas

Bare has a nice wee kids play area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Another lovely feed at Aisha's. I am very boring with my regular starter choice of Falafels, but on the plus side Aisha are consistantly good with their dishes - still the best falafels I've ever had! Wife was mightly impressed with the 'basha dawood' lamb mince meatball dish, she wouldn't stop talking about it. Portions are generours too - we ended up taking doggy bag home! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

It's not Drogheda, but not far off - went to No.3 in Collon for the second time, last night for dinner. My first time was lovely but it was for lunch.

Last night's meal was absolutely beautiful. I got two new dishes to the menu; a duck leg confit to start and a pasta dish in wild boar ragu for main. Both delicious.

The drinks were equally nice. They have a great selection of beers - having Boyne IPA on draught - and their cocktails are extremely nice.

Wasn't too expensive either considering we ate of the a la carte menu. Won't be leaving it as long to visit next time.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what Mint Greene is at Southgate? Not had a chance to get a close up look yet.

Notice their sign is extremely similar to the one Relish has, so I'm guessing that whoever owns Relish decided to become their own competition there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone know what Mint Greene is at Southgate? Not had a chance to get a close up look yet.

Notice their sign is extremely similar to the one Relish has, so I'm guessing that whoever owns Relish decided to become their own competition there :P

It's meant to be an express type/take out place for Relish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭Hoboo

From what I heard its Relish opening an evening restaurant.

Just hit it there for breakfast.

Its really nice. Quite expensive, but in a way where it's giving you what you pay for.

I had scrambled eggs, crispy bacon and tomatoes. Was probably a little overpriced at €9 but was really tasty and filling.

Brother got the breakfast bap, and it looked awesome. Think it was €8.50, but it was a great feed. Was quite jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Haven't tried it yet but went to Relish in Bettystown for breakfast a few weeks ago, full Irish I think was €12, €14:50 for the bill which included a coke, but it was excellent, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭KaiserLu

Was walking through Laurence’s Centre with a mate yesterday and felt peckish when I saw a sign saying that The Bagel Bar had 20% off Breakfast for Friday only!

Went down to get it and I realised why. Well meaning lad on the counter couldn’t get the order right and two freezing cold breakfasts arrived on plastic plates with plastic cutlery 10 mins later.

To the lad’s credit, he apologized and brought us two fresher breakfasts arrived later.

That place has been absolutely terrible since day 1, i dont know how it's still there.

Tried a few places for work lunch

Black Bull, Pheasant, Weavers(burger), average/boring as ever. Nice chips in Weavers, the burger was just really big and hard, not very enjoyable.

Enjoyed Stockwell artisan although it wouldn't drag me away from kings across the street. The crab sandwich and falafel wrap in kings were delicious

Eastern Seaboard for dinner, was nice, pretty much exact same as when i last ate there a couple of years ago so im surprised some people making a fuss about "changes", every dish we had was the same as what we would have ordered years ago only more expensive. If anything the problem was im still bored of them! The burger used to be great but it's outdated now, places like the corkscrew in Tullyallen are miles ahead.

The buns in the brown hound bakery are incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

If you are into a nice Sunday brunch try the Richmond Fort overlooking the town. If you can get a table in the conservatory the view of the town is amazing. Had the eggs Benedict and my daughter had the fish taco which she is still raving about. Staff are very nice too. Definitely recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I discovered The Cross a couple of weeks back. A tenner for a lovely big burger and fries, along with a large onion ring. Well recommended.

Advertisement