Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Not Drogheda but Dunleer. The last time I went to the Franklyn cafe service was so slow, there were people walking out who had waited too long for their food. Went back today. Big improvement. They had a promotion on for pancake Tuesday where the 4 euro for pancakes all went to mental health Ireland. I had a savoury pancake with chicken and stir fry veg and my daughter had the 4 euro deal. Couldn't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

new chef in franklyns,maybe he has made the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

New chef is my uncle. Used to be in Donegans for years

New cafe open in Dunleer actually, Cafe 2020. Chap has worked in Carlitos for years, hoping it goes well. Its attached to Shearmans bar, used to be a cafe called Everbean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Had my Sunday lunch in Henrys restaurant in the Glenside hotel.

Food was fantastic, both of us had roast beet with the trimming as mains, starters was soup for me and mushrooms/garlic kind of thing for herself.

Service and food was excellent, could not fault it all, will definitely return again.

I have eaten twice in Henrys restaurant in 12 month or so, both times a massive thumbs up from me and her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Have eaten in Il Forno a couple of times recently and really enjoyed it. Good pizzas, good garlic bread, husband had chicken wings to start which he enjoyed. No complaints at all. Service was good and prompt and one thing I really like about it is the comfy seats. I would have always gone to the pizzeria at the bullring, but it's always cold and seats are hard, and the cheapy paper tablecloths are very annoying - they tend to move every time my 4yr old touches them and everything can go flying.

Another thing i noticed with the table beside us (perhaps it was on the menu and I didn't notice it) was a couple having half pizza/half pasta. Nice option to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Stretching it a bit calling it a drogheda restaurant but Fitzpatrick's on the way to carlingford was in the news today , they owe over 10 million to revenue! -

When interest and penalties are added, the total owed to Revenue by Sherwood Investments Ltd., with an address at Rockmarshall, Jenkinstown, Dundalk and trading as Fitzpatrick's Bar and Restaurant at the same address, was €10.9m, with €10.4m still unpaid at the end of last year.

enricoh wrote: »
    Think the one in bettystown is closed for refurbishment, haven't seen any vans outside doing anything though.
    Tough oul game the restaurant lark.

The relish in bettystown is being revamped at the moment. Doing up the bar apparently.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Had my Sunday lunch in Henrys restaurant in the Glenside hotel.

Food was fantastic, both of us had roast beet with the trimming as mains, starters was soup for me and mushrooms/garlic kind of thing for herself.

Service and food was excellent, could not fault it all, will definitely return again.

I have eaten twice in Henrys restaurant in 12 month or so, both times a massive thumbs up from me and her.

Don't think I've ever had a bad meal in the glenside, consistently good. Was at a family christening there recently and everyone was impressed. A miracle for my family!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

enricoh wrote: »
    Stretching it a bit calling it a drogheda restaurant but Fitzpatrick's on the way to carlingford was in the news today , they owe over 10 million to revenue! -

When interest and penalties are added, the total owed to Revenue by Sherwood Investments Ltd., with an address at Rockmarshall, Jenkinstown, Dundalk and trading as Fitzpatrick's Bar and Restaurant at the same address, was €10.9m, with €10.4m still unpaid at the end of last year.

Bit a stretch alright :p

It refers to the former owners apparently

Article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Tried Inside out in Slane the other night, my God it was delicious. Duck wings in Slane Whisky sauce to start, pig plate (pudding, pork belly, Irush sausage and a pork pie thingy - incredible), similar to No. 3 in Collon. Neither are Drogheda as we know, but both better than any restaurants in the town IMO. Taxiable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Tried Inside out in Slane the other night, my God it was delicious. Duck wings in Slane Whisky sauce to start, pig plate (pudding, pork belly, Irush sausage and a pork pie thingy - incredible), similar to No. 3 in Collon. Neither are Drogheda as we know, but both better than any restaurants in the town IMO. Taxiable too.

The duck wings are insanely good! Sadly, even when you ask for them as a main course, you get the same amount :D:p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tried Henry's at the Glenside yesterday. Very happy.

Menu is quite traditional, but the price was brilliant for the portion sizes we got. Decent sized starter, a really hearty main and a sizeable dessert for €26. Really friendly wait staff too, despite it being a Sunday lunch serving with two birthday parties and a christening happening. Very impressed overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

5 good things are moving to the highlanes gallery where relish was.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Once we can move about again, I'm off to Bia, I'm really missing their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Once we can move about again, I'm off to Bia, I'm really missing their food.

Yeah I agree , one of my favourite places in town for a decent/reasonably priced spot of grub.

They are offering collection service during the current situation if of any use to you .Might help stop your craving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree , one of my favourite places in town for a decent/reasonably priced spot of grub.

They are offering collection service during the current situation if of any use to you .Might help stop your craving :)

Think they changed to delivery only now

Got Aishas take out at the weekend, 2 starters, sides & mains for 20Euro, great value & tasty as per usual.....was collection so not sure if they are doing delivery as well

IvoryTower wrote: »
    5 good things are moving to the highlanes gallery where relish was.

Intrigued to see how they get on in the larger setting.....always found the food to be nice there but a limitied enough selection

Intrigued to see how they get on in the larger setting.....always found the food to be nice there but a limitied enough selection

I loved the quality but didn't like sitting so close to people. Can't wait to see what they can do with a proper kitchen. Better location as well for those of us on the south side. It will hopefully be a good alternative to Kings for me, I'm not particularly bothered with anywhere else to be honest.

I'm a stone throw from Bia and things really have to be bad for me to eat in there no offense lads :D

Kings are gone apparently, no rent freeze so had to close :/ my fave cafe ever gone, sigh.. hopefully they can get going again when this madness is over. I believe they're doing collections from their house for time being.

I'm wondering did the owner just want them gone, possibly to sell the whole building or something. Cant make any sense of it otherwise, It could sit empty for a long time in this climate. It's a poor building that was being carried by an excellent chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

Simona's is now open for take-aways Thursday to Sunday 5pm-9pm
    Menu is on their Facebook page.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Very sad news about Kings.

We tried the collection at the boyne valley Hotel yesterday. Was really good, I had a halloumi burger which was pure class and she had a double beef burger which she said was good. We both agreed on the chips though, they were savage! Lovely and crispy. 12 quid each

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Is it their normal menu, or is it a reduced one? Their site doesn't seem to mention a collection service, but will 100% try it on Saturday if they are.

EDIT: Found it on their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/boynevalleyhotel/photos/a.300369733328082/3233715003326859/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

12 quid each

You old romantic you....

Did you take the cash from her or did you split the bill via Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Folks,

Does anyone know if there is a chinese takeaway open in Drogheda for collection/deliveries?

Thanks!!

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Kings are gone apparently, no rent freeze so had to close :/ my fave cafe ever gone, sigh.. hopefully they can get going again when this madness is over. I believe they're doing collections from their house for time being.

I'm wondering did the owner just want them gone, possibly to sell the whole building or something. Cant make any sense of it otherwise, It could sit empty for a long time in this climate. It's a poor building that was being carried by an excellent chef.

Only ever ate in their once but it was lovely so had intentions of going again.....im sure they'll get set up again after this is all over....perhaps the building on the corner of West St & Stockwell St were the Italian café was?

Really don't understand what their landlord was thinking....a bit like the abbey centre, I don't see much chance of them getting much in the way of an anchor tenant in there.....unless they have big redevelopment plans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Folks,

Does anyone know if there is a chinese takeaway open in Drogheda for collection/deliveries?

Thanks!!

Tango is open for collection (and possibly delivery)

Hai Phong is open, delivery only

PGE1970 wrote: »
    Folks,

Thanks!!

Nikko on trinity st do Chinese as well as japanese food....had it for the first time at the weekend, was tasty & the better half was happy as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Peony in Bryanstown (Crossroute) southside is open for deliveries.
    40-45 minutes delivery, locally

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Tango is open for collection (and possibly delivery)

Hai Phong is open, delivery only

Had Tango last night. Very nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Tenda on Duleek street is also open for delivery only.

Advertisement