Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

Dont know if it's been mentioned but Duende are doing collections, great burgers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

markc1184 wrote: »
    Tenda on Duleek street is also open for delivery only.

Tried to order off them tonight via Just Eat.

Placed the order at 5.05. Get told it won’t be here till 6:25. That’s long compared to other deliveries I’ve done recently but I appreciate times are busy for certain places right now.

7:05, still no sign. Tried to ring them, no answer. Spent 15 minutes ringing but justalways engaged. Got on to just Eat and they can’t get through either. So at 7:30 they eventually give me a refund.

Driver arrives at 7:35, of course. Takes the food back cause I’ve got the refund. Says they aren’t answering phones cause the phone is off the hook, as if that’s normal.

The lack of communication annoyed me. As I said, I do get some places are busier cause of the rush, but Dominos tracking seems to be saying my pizza is out for delivery after 10 minutes. If Tenda had been honest about the massive delivery time, I might have been ok, but leaving me hanging just means I can’t trust them to deliver.

(Oh, and the driver was wearing a face mask....that was pushed down below his nose, and only barely covering his mouth. I’m not super fussy bout that but if you’re going to wear the mask, wear the bloody mask...)

Edit: Dominos out to be inside 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

We tried the collection at the boyne valley Hotel yesterday. Was really good, I had a halloumi burger which was pure class and she had a double beef burger which she said was good. We both agreed on the chips though, they were savage! Lovely and crispy. 12 quid each

Had dinner from here today - turkey and ham, and chicken tenders. Both delicious, large portions too. 12 quid each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

everlast75 wrote: »
    Had Tango last night. Very nice

It never disappoints!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I drove past The Golden Bowl Chinese , Hardmans Gardens last night and it has reopened.

Its my go to Chinese , I will be partaking the weekend for sure.

There seemed to be plenty of notices at the door about restrictions etc and handwash/wipes at the door also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

D'Vine doing take-away now also.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Just wondering is there much of a reduction on sit in price for the take away?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

whelan2 wrote: »

The most expensive meal is 14e. It looks like a menu specifically to suit take out, eg:wont be rank by time you get to eat it.

Looks good to be fair will try it some night

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I drove past The Golden Bowl Chinese , Hardmans Gardens last night and it has reopened.

There seemed to be plenty of notices at the door about restrictions etc and handwash/wipes at the door also.

Me too! Love the curry in that place. Damn tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Thank god for that! I plan to make my bowl golden this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

whelan2 wrote: »
    It's not a very extensive menu but hopefully enough to keep them afloat.

94030752_3219643774736643_1780500966257197056_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=BY2hMwII7xgAX8jMnCE&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=03b257aafc886749c284066196641404&oe=5EC723E4

Does anyone know whether the Punjabi House is doing take-always, please? Their food is unbeatable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Does anyone know whether the Punjabi House is doing take-always, please? Their food is unbeatable

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Colm Cummins

I see Noodle Box, West Street is back open on the 28th for collection and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭enricoh

I see Noodle Box, West Street is back open on the 28th for collection and delivery.

I was a major fan but the last couple of times I was underwhelmed, thought the food just tasted over salted.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

andrew1977 wrote: »

Must've been 35 people outside it last Sat evening, place was mental

Kitchen Legend reopened. Best Chinese in Drogheda IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Scotty # wrote: »
    Kitchen Legend reopened. Best Chinese in Drogheda IMO.
    Second that, good food and great portions..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Must've been 35 people outside it last Sat evening, place was mental

We preordered through the app before it opened and it was ready at 5.10 on the dot. There was no queue for collections but a massive queue for orders.

We tried the collection at the boyne valley Hotel yesterday. Was really good, I had a halloumi burger which was pure class and she had a double beef burger which she said was good. We both agreed on the chips though, they were savage! Lovely and crispy. 12 quid each

The Boyne Valley posted on Facebook this evening - they are closing until after the restrictions are lifted, so no more takeaway food :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Nibs05

gipi wrote: »
    The Boyne Valley posted on Facebook this evening - they are closing until after the restrictions are lifted, so no more takeaway food :(

I seen that too, we had a great meal, lovely food, all correct measures in place. I wonder why they stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭enricoh

Nibs05 wrote: »
    I seen that too, we had a great meal, lovely food, all correct measures in place. I wonder why they stopped.

Balls, was going to try it this evening from a recommendation on here.
    They could have put a sign up at the entrance to let people know they were doing take away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭kjbsrah1

I used to love the cafe mocha in the Brown Hound cos they used Green and Blacks powdered chocolate. Is there anywhere else in Drogheda that uses G&B for their coffee or chocolate drinks does anyone know?

God damn it, they were easily the best food going at the moment. That sucks. Wonder what changed.

Had dinner from Scholars yesterday - liked the online ordering system, and the well organised collection system. Food was good too!

Had Sunday carvery from the Valley Inn today - big portion and good grub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

I believe Woks Cookin in Wheaton Hall is open again.

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    I believe Woks Cookin in Wheaton Hall is open again.

Just sitting here, waiting patiently for the Ming.

Joe's chipper in Yellowbatter is open for business ( except Mondays).

They take orders via intercom, and take money and deliver the food through a drawer in the front door! Contactless payment done by tapping the glass while the staff hold the machine up to the window.

It works!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Just sitting here, waiting patiently for the Ming.
    Try Kitchen Legend.

We used to always use Ming too but then discovered KL. Never looked back.

You can order and pay via their own app. Delivery only at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Had Sunday carvery from the Valley Inn today - big portion and good grub

We've had a few dinners from them in the past few weeks & they are feeding the inlaws FOC every Sunday so more than happy to support them. They are very accommodating. Only thing I don't like about their carvery is that the veg is always rock hard - but when it's being handed to me with no cooking or washing up, I'm not complaining! :D

Advertisement