Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

Lovely takeaway this evening from the Punjabi House in Drogheda. Recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

You really can't beat it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

CheerLouth wrote: »
    We've had a few dinners from them in the past few weeks & they are feeding the inlaws FOC every Sunday so more than happy to support them. They are very accommodating. Only thing I don't like about their carvery is that the veg is always rock hard - but when it's being handed to me with no cooking or washing up, I'm not complaining! :D

Haven't received hard veg with my dinner - we order late in the day, so maybe they're well done by then!! I like my veg a bit crunchy anyway, lol!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scotty # wrote: »
    Try Kitchen Legend.

We used to always use Ming too but then discovered KL. Never looked back.

You can order and pay via their own app. Delivery only at the moment.

I was planning on doing so tonight.

But the Ming is back open so will have to delay the new place for now. Seven weeks without a Ming Garden, and I’m not risking another :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Is the Bare Food Co open?
    I know they are doing takeaways but the seating outside today was full of people eating,. Is a takeaway not meant to be taken away and not eaten on the premises??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I wonder if they're related to The Punjab House in Dundalk, they're also very good.

Passing the Punjabi house this evening on the bike and noticed a few people drinking pints??? Are the railway arms selling take aways???

Surely they don't have a license for off sales which is what that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Passing the Punjabi house this evening on the bike and noticed a few people drinking pints??? Are the railway arms selling take aways???

Surely they don't have a license for off sales which is what that is?

Railway are doing take away pints

I should have stopped so I was parched after my cycle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Got a Kebab Palace over the weekend. For once I didn't get a kebab and opted for a quarter pounder with chips and some onion rings. Sorry to say, it was really disappointing. The onion rings were the processed frozen type (like from Lidl/Tesco) and not the 'freshly dipped in batter' type. The chips also came out of a freezer bag and were a much smaller portion than you'd get elsewhere.

The burger was about as simple as a burger could be. You know when you get a burger and the meat is way too big for the bun and it's annoying? This was the opposite. The bun was way too big for the burger so a bite was mostly bread. The sauce was just plain ketchup.

4/10 I'm afraid.

I've never had a complaint about their kebabs, probably the best in Drogheda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Rang Trinity earlier but they were too busy so we ordered from Casanova.

Rang them at 6:40. Was told it would be 30 mins.

Rang them an hour later at 7:40 and was told it would be 10 mins as it was out for delivery. I said nothing but okay.

Rang them at 8pm and was told it still out for delivery.

No sign of the food yet.

Absolutely no problem telling me when I order that it'll be an hour if it's going to be an hour - I understand everyone is out the door at the moment. Totally get it.

This, on the other hand, is very very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Have gotten take away from Borzalinos most weeks recently. Couldn't fault it . We collect. Always ready when they say. They package my parents order separately as asked and last night we got 2 complementary tiramisu which was great

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Railway are doing take away pints
    Take-Away pints must be consumed more than 100m from the premises .
    Not happening in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

everlast75 wrote: »
    Rang Trinity earlier but they were too busy so we ordered from Casanova.

Rang them at 6:40. Was told it would be 30 mins.

Rang them an hour later at 7:40 and was told it would be 10 mins as it was out for delivery. I said nothing but okay.

Rang them at 8pm and was told it still out for delivery.

No sign of the food yet.

Absolutely no problem telling me when I order that it'll be an hour if it's going to be an hour - I understand everyone is out the door at the moment. Totally get it.

This, on the other hand, is very very poor.

Food finally arrived. Got the meal deal for 50e.

Was quite nice. Supposed to be for a family of 4. 4 pizzas, 2 garlic breads the size of a small pizza, 2 chips, 2 bbq chicken wings - all for 50e. Could feed 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Has anyone tried the newish Chinese take-away in Tullyallen yet?

Might give it a try.

Simona take out last night.

Diavolo pizza, Lasagne X 2, Chips X 2, €33, massive portion, did today's dinner too. Hope they keep the takeout going after the restrictions end, very enjoyable.

I like how they give you an exact time for pickup.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

The place the Brown Hound used to be has a sign up saying ‘reopening on the 26th May.’. It will be called The Aviary‘. Is it the same people that ran the Brown Hound’ does anyone know?

kjbsrah1 wrote: »
    The place the Brown Hound used to be has a sign up saying ‘reopening on the 26th May.’. It will be called The Aviary‘. Is it the same people that ran the Brown Hound’ does anyone know?

From the look of the decor and furnishings, I’d say “yes”. We will see on Tuesday!

kjbsrah1 wrote: »

There’s a sign up on the window - Under New Management

Not long now to find out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

Called in earlier, similar set-up to before although some of the stuff on offer looked different.
    I got 2 chocolate brownies and 2 mixed berry cupcakes, 12 quid for the lot.
    They serve coffee and savoury sandwiches too.
    They've also retained the air of middle class smugness the old place had, which is nice.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have a feeling, that it's now part of Gerry's.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kjbsrah1

It’s the caterers from Layton Golf Course that are the new management. I was actually disappointed when I went in this morning. I thought it had lost its charm and I had to throw away my cafe mocha as it was so bitter. Also they seemed very disorganised behind the counter. It felt like a staff training day with two people showing the others constantly what way to do things. Maybe just opening day hiccups. Best of luck to them but I had selfishly hoped it would be similar to The Brown Hound but was very disappointed.

Their facebook page is up.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

They have a tough act to follow tbf best of luck to them

We just had the buns and muffins there after tea.
    Not great at all I'm afraid.
    Too dense and way too sweet.

CPL 593H

Their hot food is nice in the golf club, although that took a while to get going too.

Hugh is the proprietor apparently. As you know, my excellent deductive powers let me down and they are not associated with the previous owners.

I popped in for something for lunch and had a nice artisan ham, Emmental, rocket and relish on (I think) a rye bread, plus a coffee, which came to €8.50.

It was quite spartan in there, but I guess that’s more a product of the Covid-19 requirements. So my initial thoughts are, give them a chance to find their feet and support them in their endeavour.

Good luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Em, is anyone going to tell them...??

Em, is anyone going to tell them...??

Why would you set up such a fake page ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Why would you set up such a fake page ?

??

Advertisement