Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda Restaurant Reviews

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

??

That page is clearly taking the pi55 with its 1 like and awful posts. Why would someone do that to a brand new business ?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Just had a look, some bizarre posts there alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

That is bizarre. I've reported the page. Someone doesn't want them to succeed anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

Whoever is behind that should be ashamed of themselves, trying to defame / sabotage someone start something good in such a difficult time!!

Indeed. If you read this thread please give your head a good wobble and delete it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Very, very strange. Someone clearly has a specific grudge, judging by the nature of some of those posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,960 ✭✭✭furiousox

On a lighter note, did anyone try their coffee yet?
    I was enquiring about buying a bag of coffee beans off them yesterday but they hadn't worked out a price yet.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The main feedback I’m getting from several people passing, and which mirrors how i felt yesterday when I had to go to the post office, is there’s very little attempt being made to socially distance around the place...

We just stood in line like every other shop, gave people space in front and behind. didnt feel any different to every other shop i go into. There were people sitting outside together but they could be family etc, that's up to themselves anyway

I went out to get a bun in lime kiln bakery as well and they have a nice set up of picnic benches well spread out from each other.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The main feedback I’m getting from several people passing, and which mirrors how i felt yesterday when I had to go to the post office, is there’s very little attempt being made to socially distance around the place...

That's up to the individuals not the business really. Looked far enough apart to me.

• Advertisement

That's up to the individuals not the business really. Looked far enough apart to me.

True but the individuals didn't place the benches and tables outside the business did and it's a mistake by them as far I'm concerned. They are not socially distanced by any stretch. It's only seating for 8 max but many places in town would love to have that and imo goes against things as they stand at the minute.

True but the individuals didn't place the benches and tables outside the business did and it's a mistake by them as far I'm concerned. They are not socially distanced by any stretch. It's only seating for 8 max but many places in town would love to have that and imo goes against things as they stand at the minute.

Very few places in town ever had seating outside, let alone during this. The lime kiln has a similar setup.

The general public know the rules, it's up to them to follow them.

Other businesses are playing by the rules doesn't matter what the general public do these guys have people sat outside like it's business as usual and are facilitating it.

Outside The Aviary today (and it was busy, in the lovely weather) there were four discrete table and chairs “set ups” which were well spaced and allowed for social distancing and, as far as I could see people were self-policing social distancing.

Fair play to owners and customers.

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yeah, as a follow up, I just drove by and noticed they’d changed the layouts.

Initially, I think they had some benches that were all clustered together. Now, it’s more spaced out, and there’s signage asking people not to gather. There was still some people who were obviously ignoring it, but I can’t fault the cafe beyond what they’ve done to rectify the issue.

Decent queue for McDonalds there spilling out on to the dual carriageway.

Decent queue for McDonalds there spilling out on to the dual carriageway.

I'm looking forward to it myself tbh , wont be queuing for long though

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Garda moved them on , and riightly so , cars coming around the bend after the bridge having to slam on .
    They have an empty car park on that site and could easily traffic manage to avoid queueing on a busy carriageway .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,375 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Went to Smuggler's Rest in Clogherhead.

Was able to order and collect.

Chicken burger and chips and one small scampi.

26e.

Pleasant staff to deal with. Missus was very happy with scampi.

My chicken burger was three gujons in a bun. Not that good tbh. Good portion of fries though.

Looks like a nice pub to have a few pints in too

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

everlast75 wrote: »
    Went to Smuggler's Rest in Clogherhead.

Was able to order and collect.

Chicken burger and chips and one small scampi.

26e.

Pleasant staff to deal with. Missus was very happy with scampi.

My chicken burger was three gujons in a bun. Not that good tbh. Good portion of fries though.

Looks like a nice pub to have a few pints in too

I ate there a couple of times before shutdown. It was a poor enough experience overall, the staff were fairly clueless and the food was overpriced for what you got. I imagine it’ll have to improve in time if it’s going to survive long term. It wouldn’t be worth the trip from drogheda in my opinion.

• Advertisement

DeVine now taking bookings .
    Managed to get a table for 4th July .

Donnegans at Monasterboice also taking bookings. Booked for Friday week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

Valley Inn taking bookings too - reopening June 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

gipi wrote: »
    Valley Inn taking bookings too - reopening June 29th

You can also get take away pints this weekend. 3 for 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Not really a restaurant as such, but definitely the best value feed in the area.

Any sign of The Cross reopening, or are they going to continue operating takeaway out of The Trinity Quarter?

Got 4 takeaway pints from Barlow tonight for €16 , they were beautiful .
    He told me he sold 160 in 2 hrs yesterday .

Got 4 takeaway pints from Barlow tonight for €16 , txhey were beautiful .
    He told me he sold 160 in 2 hrs yesterday .

Ah, Barlow’s...

Looks like a new restaurant - Bryanstown Social - opening in August in the old Eastern Seaboard premises.

https://bryanstownsocial.ie/?fbclid=IwAR0zajUhwn7LCxHjgL7VrqRkMTJeSlrPqf5HyfCVzZgc76n07Fm9pDfGydc

Looks like it might be part of the Oliver Dunne restaurant group - I’m in danger of 2+2=5 though.

Looks like a new restaurant - Bryanstown Social - opening in August in the old Eastern Seaboard premises.

https://bryanstownsocial.ie/?fbclid=IwAR0zajUhwn7LCxHjgL7VrqRkMTJeSlrPqf5HyfCVzZgc76n07Fm9pDfGydc

Looks like it might be part of the Oliver Dunne restaurant group - I’m in danger of 2+2=5 though.

I did a very quick search to find out who owns the domain.

Registered to a "Banta Restaurants Limited". Googling them seems to link them to the Oliver Dunne group, so yeah, looks right.

• Advertisement

is that a good thing

Advertisement