Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

06 astra

Options
  • 28-05-2008 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying this http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Opel/Astra/1.4-16V/1048365/ , well actually its a similar model from the same garage with 20k mileage on it( just arrived today so not up o the net), been talking to the dealer and hes says its from a company that went bust, any thoughts? my friend thinks he must have bought it from a nearby auction, but its under opel warranty for 11 more months apparently, go for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

REDUCED TO CLEAR.SALE MUST END SAT 31.BEST PRICED CAR IN IRELAND & GREAT MOTOKOV VALUE.REAL CARS FOR REAL PEOPLE AT VERY,VERY REAL PRICES.WWW.*****.IE..Nicely Presented Club Still Under Original Factory Warranty.Spec Includes Airconditioner,On Board Computer,Ext Temp,8 Airbag System,Multi-Function Wheel,Electric Windows & Power Mirrors,Height Adjust Steering + Seat,CD & Remote Locking.Super Car at a Really Super Price...

All their bloody missing is daft dave from right price tiles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

decent price but I have driven one a few times and wasn't too impressed. I noticed the handling on corners was excellent though.

Might be a good buy if you intend on driving it for a good few years as I doubt you would get a decent sell on price for it. My father sold (well traded in) an 06 Astra last year. He had a lot of problems selling it ie. no one interested in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only Astra that seems to be desirable is the 3dr Sporthatch.

Thanks for the replies,i find it hard to believe this car has 11months more months of a manufacturers warranty, my gut is telling me the salesman is lying and that he picked the car up cheap as the warranty is up!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭JackM_79

i bought an 06 astra in january last year and it only had 12 months warrenty left on it. AFAIK opel are only giving a 24 month warrenty on astras. i would think the sales guy is trying to pull a fast one here.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd also be very careful with 06 Opels as this was the year they gave the free 3 day test drive, these cars generally had the **** driven out of them especially by people who had no interest in buying one but just wanted a free car for 3 days.

I'd have the brakes, clutch, gearbox, etc scrutinised by a good mechanic before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

run away man - quickly

I have that exact model (same colour, trim, wheels) as an insurance rental at the moment, 08 with 3k on the clock, its the most gutless, nasty thing I've ever driven, horrid steering, box and suspension, rough, powerless engine. decent brakes admittedly, but no feel in them.

Go find a 05/6 Focus its like night and day

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

Nedved85 wrote: »

Not a hope! 24 month warranty and judging by the reg number that car was registered mid 2006 (I'd say August) which means it's got 2 months left from Opel.

I like Astra's but wouldn't touch a 1.4, 5 door with a barge pole! Even the 3 door 1.4 is a bit of a drag. The engine just isn't great! The 1.6 is a better option but I guess if you're looking for a smaller engine that's out the window!

Oh, and I can see from the Pictures, that doesn't have the "On Board Computer".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

run away man - quickly

I have that exact model (same colour, trim, wheels) as an insurance rental at the moment, 08 with 3k on the clock, its the most gutless, nasty thing I've ever driven, horrid steering, box and suspension, rough, powerless engine. decent brakes admittedly, but no feel in them.

Go find a 05/6 Focus its like night and day

My first thought was ex-rental, all that's missing is the little green E on the back, or the "We Try Harder" sticker in the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

As a previous poster said, there will be very little warranty if any left from opel. The only opels that get 3 year warranty are Garda cars. Everything else is 2 years.

Thanks lads,Have got my senses and im not buying for that place, going for a 05 instead from a main nissan Dealer with 6months warranty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 skp

Posting in the same thread as I have a query whether the company is reliable..Anyone has any experiences?

Thanks!
    Nedved85 wrote: »
    Thanks lads,Have got my senses and im not buying for that place, going for a 05 instead from a main nissan Dealer with 6months warranty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bustershark

Anyone had any dealings with this crowd Motokov? Good bad or indifferent?

Advertisement