Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What strateg game?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm not a huge gaming fan but I'm considering getting involved in a strategy or war game. Can anone suggest a game that doesn't require 100GB of ram and a Nasa graphics card. Something suitable for a beginner that might keep me interested. Online or simulatory type thingy to play alone?

Thanks a mil

Jarvis:D

Title should say starter. Sorry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Warcraft 3 is definitely one of the best out there. Starcraft is also pretty similar.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

company of heros
    company of heros opposing fronts
    supreme commander
    supreme commander forged alliance
    world in conflict
    sudden strike 3 :-)
    age of empire 3 and 2 expansions

thats all I think of for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

The best strategy game I ever played was Civilisation II. I mean, I enjoyed it so much that I played it one day from the moment I got up to the moment I went to bed (with breaks for toilet and food, obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Total annihilation
    Warcraft 3
    Starcraft
    Dawn of War
    Civilisation
    Sins of a solar empire
    Total War series

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Kevster wrote: »
    The best strategy game I ever played was Civilisation II. I mean, I enjoyed it so much that I played it one day from the moment I got up to the moment I went to bed (with breaks for toilet and food, obviously).

+1

Civ games never get old and you can pick up and play them for as short or as long as you want. They're more than games, they're an investment for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Warcraft III is great and has a cracking plot. The only thing that annoyed me was the only was to see the story through is to get involved in WOW and that game never ends.

Advertisement