Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Job Seekers Assistance question

• 28-05-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey there,

I've been reading the board, it's been quite helpful! I have a situation that I'm a little bit confused over.

I resigned from my job a fortnight ago and haven't found another job yet unfortunately (not for lack of trying!) so I'm going to need to claim soon. I'm a bit confused over the 9 week ban. The reason I left the job is because I was doing all the work! Basically I worked in this shop for over 2 years. The manager left after 5 years and the owner of the company expected me to do everything (I was the next longest working there), to run the shop, train in a new staff member, be responsible for everything. He didn't give me help or support in letting me know exactly what I had to do, in fact he was quite rude, blaming me for problems when I did not have enough information about it. He had no plans to make me manager, let alone amend my job title and description and give me a pay rise. I was still doing everything he asked, and all it's done is completely stress me out. I feel like he took advantage of me. I tried talking to him on 3 or 4 occasions about the situation and making it more official, all he said was he couldn't afford to pay a manager's salary or any pay rise as business wasn't doing well. I decided to resign and find a job where I get treated properly, can work to my job description and get paid for all the work I do. Even when I gave him my resignation he didn't offer to rectify the situation. I've since heard he hasn't even advertised my old job, and he's gotten the guy who was below me to do what he had me doing, while still being a staff member down. So I'm wondering whether I will be banned for 9 weeks from getting the dole, which'd suck or if they'd be alright with it? I hope I can, or it'll be off to the parents for a loan fingers crossed.

All answers are gratefully received!! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 mcquaid2007

as far as i know yeah...if u leave your job,regardless of who's to blame you're on the 9 weeks,because you left of your own volition.u weren't sacked.it sucks i know but those are the rules....

Advertisement