Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your modifed/performance car(**DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES**)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭horseydevine

Dis is me first car..Savin for somthin bigger bu iv hada great year and a half in this!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Dis is me first car..Savin for somthin bigger bu iv hada great year and a half in this!!!

Some dark window tint:D im guessing that wasnt on when you nctd it:D, How much did it cost you to get done?

Alry Pal.. Ah yeah the tints were on the car. iv had tem a year. always get pulled by da garda in town coz of the darkness... are they close to illegal or wa?? they cost me 250 yoyos....shades in blanch bizness park did them..bu the tints wu be deadly if the car was black. wat car u got??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 saff cosworth

just some pic of my saff cosworth set up to stage 1....
    with a combat kit....

b48a13c2.jpg

Image018-3.jpg

Image004-5.jpg

Image039-1.jpg

DSCF0125-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

with a combat kit....

Oh mother of duck, haha u lucky lucky man.
    I must say, i'm not too fond of the wheels, but lads that is one nice car. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Alry Pal.. Ah yeah the tints were on the car. iv had tem a year. always get pulled by da garda in town coz of the darkness... are they close to illegal or wa?? they cost me 250 yoyos....shades in blanch bizness park did them..bu the tints wu be deadly if the car was black. wat car u got??

yes them tints are illegal, legal tints have to let 75% of light in
    with a combat kit....

Oh mother of duck, haha u lucky lucky man.
    I must say, i'm not too fond of the wheels, but lads that is one nice car. Well wear.

agreed, lovely car but needs nicer alloys

how are they illegal? the gardai have never givin out about tem..if so then how the company do them for me???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Not up to a company to stick to the law,there only doing what you requested!

ah yeah i no that...but are they not 20%? Ah i havent a clue.. at night theres not a hope in hell a anyone seeing in so happy days....

Mk4 golf its on the very firstpage of the thread the first comment.. Am ya them front tint windows are totally illegal:D Cant believe you havnt been fined for having them :eek:

• Advertisement

how are they illegal? the gardai have never givin out about tem..if so then how the company do them for me???
    The law wrote:
    The law states any vehicle windows must allow at least 70 per cent of light through. Gardai can test windows with light monitoring equipment. Tinting films can be bought legally but have to come with warnings saying they can not be used on windscreens or front side windows. However, these warnings are often ignored.

The company can do the windows legally for you but its up to you to only use the car for shows and the likes and not to drive the car on public roads, if you met a thick garda he could use the law stating that your vechicle is dangerous because of the heavy tints and give you penalty points and a hefty fine, I haven't heard of this happening yet though

Was gettin tint done on a car lately, and i was chatting away to a fella. Normally we do a 30%-40%-50% etc., 50% being a fairly light tint. The English have a maximum of 70%:eek:.

The reason u are allowed limo tint on the back is because it was said if people can drive commercials without the use of the back windows, why can't people do the same with their normal cars. That was the arguement and it worked:D.

There aren't any actual testers that the guards have atm, so it'sonly what they "think" is too dark. Alls good:D

I was thinking of gettin tint on me own car. Was thinking dark-ish all round OR Light enough on the front two and a bit darker on the back.
    It's silver btw. Any opinions. I don't what it to look scumbaggy:o

Was gettin tint done on a car lately, and i was chatting away to a fella. Normally we do a 30%-40%-50% etc., 50% being a fairly light tint. The English have a maximum of 70%:eek:.

The reason u are allowed limo tint on the back is because it was said if people can drive commercials without the use of the back windows, why can't people do the same with their normal cars. That was the arguement and it worked:D.

There aren't any actual testers that the guards have atm, so it'sonly what they "think" is too dark. Alls good:D

I was thinking of gettin tint on me own car. Was thinking dark-ish all round OR Light enough on the front two and a bit darker on the back.
    It's silver btw. Any opinions. I don't what it to look scumbaggy:o

Very light tint on the front windows after all your driving a golf you want people to see you;):D

Vain wrote: »
    Very light tint on the front windows after all your driving a golf you want people to see you;):D

I know but i want that little bit of "Omg who's that!?!?" hahaha:P

to go for the OMg factor get tem near enuf to mine.. I do be deliverin in areas im usually never in and when the musics on everyone's lukin ta c whu the f**k it is haha

Thabks for the info regards the law tho lads..the local garda ou me way (Malahide & Swords) never gave me bother with it and my missus lives in town and never been stiopped late at nyt....TOUCH WOOD!!!!

There aren't any actual testers that the guards have atm, so it'sonly what they "think" is too dark. Alls good

some other goverment agency does have the testers though, i'm not sure if its customs or some other department but I know they do have them, dont understand why they cant give them to the gardai.

as i'd rather it be properly tested than just up to what a gardai thinks, not that it'll ever effect me because i think tints are tacky :D
    to go for the OMg factor get tem near enuf to mine.. I do be deliverin in areas im usually never in and when the musics on everyone's lukin ta c whu the f**k it is haha

Thabks for the info regards the law tho lads..the local garda ou me way (Malahide & Swords) never gave me bother with it and my missus lives in town and never been stiopped late at nyt....TOUCH WOOD!!!!

Text speak isn't really welcome on boards as its a b*cth to read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

*edited*

Ah now, less of it. Don't turn it into a b*tchy thread.

Anywho, swiftly moving on. I think the tint is a bit iffy too, especially on silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Be gentle... :(

Not done much to her, personally think subtle is best.. Full tint, Kamei grill, gti spoiler, blacked out angel eyes, yellow fogs, full sound system, debadged the boot, 17" OZ Titans (Will be changed in a week to 18" Black/Silver RS4 Nouvolaris)

Connorzee wrote: »

Not done much to her, personally think subtle is best.. Full tint, Kamei grill, gti spoiler, blacked out angel eyes, yellow fogs, full sound system, debadged the boot, 17" OZ Titans (Will be changed in a week to 18" Black/Silver RS4 Nouvolaris)

Will u post a nice pic of the boot debagded, might to it myself. Have a grill the same as it i just don't know whether to put it on or not. My gti spoiler is currently being painted lol.

VAGs are taking over this gaff:p

• Advertisement

Connorzee wrote: »

Very nice. Where did you get your angel eyes? Do you fine the light out of them bad?

yeh a lot of golf owners postin.

brother drives the gttdi anniversary edition up north. nice car but im just not a big lover of golfs to be honest.

goin to look at a car tonight. (again)

99 accord sir-t.

year older than my euro r but will save me a good bit on tax and insurance.

gonna keep this one for a year then buy a dc5 i think. thats the plan.

anyways theres a good bit done to this one aswell, if i aggree a sale tonight ill put pics up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CSweeney

Opel Vectra 2litre SRi ( not cavalier)

Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec SE

Trying to get rid of them both, slow enough market these days!
    Thanks for looking... ( if anyone looked that is )

Whoa that focus has alot done to it lol... Like the idea of the vectra though, looks cool:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

CSweeney wrote: »
    Opel Vectra 2litre SRi ( not cavalier)

Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec SE

Trying to get rid of them both, slow enough market these days!
    Thanks for looking... ( if anyone looked that is )

a tip. When trying to sell a car, dont tell: i am trying to get rid of them bouth. It just scares away customers, not attracts them :D

Though that focus looks really cool. And is that redtop vectra? i had an opel calibra 2.0 redtop. Was one hell of the car!

a tip. When trying to sell a car, dont tell: i am trying to get rid of them bouth. It just scares away customers, not attracts them :D

Though that focus looks really cool. And is that redtop vectra? i had an opel calibra 2.0 redtop. Was one hell of the car!

Was making a general statement on the state of the selling market, that was all.

Nope not a redtop, although in fairness, the car does pull well

Whoa that focus has alot done to it lol... Like the idea of the vectra though, looks cool:cool:

Thank you very much !

Fe*ks sake. Had my spoiler all painted (well just about) when i said i'd give it one last coat just to make sure it was perfect, and guess what. Didn't the paint react. Lol now off to the pro's for a 100 yo yo's to get done... Grrr... Should have it monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    is that the 1.4 tsi engine? with god knows how many ponys? If yes, how is it? is it rapid? and is it petrol or diesel after all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

they come in both 140bhp and 170bhp if im not mistaken, the red "si" on his suggests its 170bhp... Whats the fuel consumption on them like??

NiSmO blank out your reg just to be on the safe side!

kmart6 wrote: »
    NiSmO blank out your reg just to be on the safe side!

whats so bad about showing it m8? you can see it in real life aswell :D.

Now on that TSI engine, ow the hell they manage to put out 170bhp out of 1.4?!?!?! its unreal

my newest whip.

2 litre accord sir-t

ill clean her this evening and post more pics.

droppin the price on the euro r now to 11 aswell!!!

bargain for someone.

whats so bad about showing it m8? you can see it in real life aswell :D.

Now on that TSI engine, ow the hell they manage to put out 170bhp out of 1.4?!?!?! its unreal

its supercharged i believe

• Advertisement

whats so bad about showing it m8? you can see it in real life aswell :D

Well I know he had toke other pictures of the car down because his house was clearly visible or cause of other cars in the drive! I'm saying block it for security, people working within certain departmental jobs would be able to search for the car, find it's fixed address and god forbid steal it or something!

It's a word of advice for NiSmO...is that ok with you now?!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well I know he had toke other pictures of the car down because his house was clearly visible or cause of other cars in the drive! I'm saying block it for security, people working within certain departmental jobs would be able to search for the car, find it's fixed address and god forbid steal it or something!

It's a word of advice for NiSmO...is that ok with you now?!

Well there is thousands of same cars just outside to be honest, and do extra research on a car i sow online? those number plates wount make it easyer to steal it, you still dont have keys from it :).

well atleast mine opinion, i would have no problem showing mine car with number plates on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Heres mine:

92 MR2 Tubby

garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=13467

Well there is thousands of same cars just outside to be honest, and do extra research on a car i sow online? those number plates wount make it easyer to steal it, you still dont have keys from it :).

well atleast mine opinion, i would have no problem showing mine car with number plates on
    Your telling me there's thousands of '08 1.4 TSI's in this country?!?! I didn't say that you would, I said people could! The number plates allow the car to be traced, and don't be so naive...car's can be hot-wired and if it' outside the house it would be possible to break in and take the keys....just like any car outside any house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

This was mine and the missus's old car, sold it 2months ago. I think it was/is a little bit tacky but you certainly got the looks driving around in it.
    focusjk1.jpg

• Advertisement

gline wrote: »
    Heres mine:

92 MR2 Tubby

garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_mod&image_id=13467

very clean looking mate, nice.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    very clean looking mate, nice.

Thanks mate

Have the following mods installed:

full turbo back exhaust
    HKS Induction Kit
    HKS SQV BLOW OFF VALVE
    Oil Catch Tank
    17" BK Racing Alloys
    Toms Air Scoop
    HKS Steering Wheel

Have the following parts to go in:

ACL Race series Proseal MLS HG
    AP Engineering Power FC
    Celica GT4 Wrc edition ST205 chargecooler
    Tre Performance 255 LPH fuel pump
    6000K BiXenon kit
    Raybrig Lights
    SINGLE WIPER KIT. with.SMOOTH ARM
    Tinted Windows
    160MPH PLASMA GLOW WHITE DIALS
    3900watt 6 Channel Amp
    5.25" 2- Way SPL Car Speakers Woofer 250W X 2 HIP205-7
    INFINITY REFERENCE 3012CF 3.5" 2-WAY COAXIAL SPEAKER 05
    PAIR of 1'' SILK DOME NEODYMIUM TWEETERS
    Ripspeed DV920i Headunit
    Sony XTG650V/NVXG6500 In Car DVD, Sat-Nav & TV Tuner
    Sony XVM-H65 6.5'Car Monitor
    Teknique 3 way crossover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Get that chargecooler on quick mate, great mod so it is.

MOG7 wrote: »
    Get that chargecooler on quick mate, great mod so it is.

have to get it into a garage for that, need a ramp to get underneath the car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

gline wrote: »
    have to get it into a garage for that, need a ramp to get underneath the car :(

Is well worth it though, i met a lad, r_wilson at a meet in Dublin, his engine running for ovr an hour and the engine was still only warm to touch, unreal.

sounds great, i have heard they are capable of a lot of cooling alright.

anyone recommend a (cheapish) garage for fitting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

No time like the present I suppose, its not heavily modded or anything but it fits in better here than the motors forum.
    dscf1351xa6.jpg
    dscf1352wv9.jpg
    dscf1353ws2.jpg
    dscf1354ck9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Nice - you should stick some black alloys on it, and a darker tint on the windows:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Nice - you should stick some black alloys on it, and a darker tint on the windows:cool:

Nah, only got those alloys recently, fitted a HKS Silent hi-power exh yesterday, coilovers next I think. Im happy enough with how it looks at the moment, id just like it a bit lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

its hard to make an altezza look differant but thats a clean looking car and the wheels suit it very well imo. ied like to hear how the hks silent sounds, there are far too many altezzas goin around with stupidly noisey exhausts that ruin the pressence they have on the road

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement