Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your modifed/performance car(**DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES**)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Johnathon

This is a picture of me standing next to my car. I think it is a really cool picture because you can see the intercooler. The car is turbocharged and is making upwards of 420 wheel horse power now at 15psi.

[IMG][/img]CIMG0612.jpg

Here is one of just the engine bay.

[IMG][/img]CIMG0607.jpg

And here is a good picture of the turbo we used. It is a GT-42 off of an International line truck.

CIMG0581.jpg

Last but not least thought I would throw up the dyno graph. It made these numbers running on 10psi, now I am running 15. So it should be around 400-430 wheel hp now and around 480 ft pounds of torque.

[IMG][/img]johndyno.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

looks class, fair play, i love the stealth intercooler ;) id say you dish out some nice surprises with that, get up some more pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Gave this one a wash today1 :-)......

DSCF0441.jpg

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

DSCF0463.jpg

DSCF0474.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

My passat
    red DI, so 130 bhp
    Lowered, tinted, kits from germany. 17 Oz racing wheels, upgraded discs to 312mm ebc, with greenstuff pads front and back.

15zjwv9.jpg

Little to low for most multistory carparks though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dustpuppy wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    here is my baby. I had around 2 weeks to get my blue beetle ready for the show in Mosney. Here is, with what i was there.

front_2.jpg

The FlipFlop front with the external oilcooling system
    hood_3.jpg
    hood_4.jpg

Headlights black inside
    headlight.jpg

Here goes the cool air in
    front_1.jpg

Here the warm air comes out
    air_outlet.jpg

Leather seats
    seats.jpg

No back seats, but lot of music
    music_2.jpg

And Eightballs all over

Switches at the dashboard
    dashboard.jpg

Valve caps
    wheels.jpg

Door pins
    doorpins.jpg

On the top
    ball_1.jpg

All that's left is the carpet and getting the seat belts black

Hope you like it. It's total different, but it's also an eye catcher. And it has more power then a little, funny Civic with a poor bodykit :D

That is class. Haven't read any comments on your post yet, I'll get to them after this, but I think that's the dog's.........

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

My Toyota MR2 Sw20 "Beams" JDM 1999yr with 40k miles

Tein Superstreet Coilovers
    Enkei Rp01's Lightweights (staggered and offset properly)
    New Unirol Rainsport 2's 215 40's front 235's 30's back
    Cusco Front Brace
    Raybrig Crystal Headlights
    Pioneer Sound System with bluetooth

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewtopic/t=100234.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Cusco Front Brace

Did you buy that off a fella in Cork by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Cusco Front Brace

Lovely mr2! Was going to buy one of them a few months back, but got the teg instead!

Well it is a cork car, I have done a lot of work on it and may be selling it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Think I saw it for sale a few months ago alright

Bryn wrote: »
    Lovely mr2! Was going to buy one of them a few months back, but got the teg instead!

Thanks for the comments! Might be selling it though :( (insurance renewal soon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Here's mine:

100_3329.JPG
    100_3330.JPG
    This looks very familiar, did I happen to pass this on the way to Ennis this morning?

I hope you've earned the 'Ring sticker the right way! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

indeed nothing "naff" about a ring sticker earned the right way.

Have you put yours on yet? :D

too right i have,it was on the car before i left the area.

pict0562hr5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Johnathon

BIMMER woo hoo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

tossy wrote: »
    too right i have,it was on the car before i left the area.

pict0562hr5.jpg

Never seen a v6 bora before, didnt even know they made them. How many horses has that weapon got?? Same as the golf version? Loving the german style plates too, nice touch.

For now 220 ish bhp,has a few other extras too like a full porsche boxter S front brake set up,full milltek stainless steel exhaust,koni coilovers,full leather recaro interior,xenons,R32 clocks,R32 steering wheel etc etc...

Its has around 25 bhp less than the R32 but weighs a good 50kg less,even more now i have upgraded the brakes.

CIMG5642.jpg
    DSCF0351Small.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

For now 220 ish bhp,has a few other extras too like a full porsche boxter S front brake set up,full milltek stainless steel exhaust,koni coilovers,full leather recaro interior,xenons,R32 clocks,R32 steering wheel etc etc...

Its has around 25 bhp less than the R32 but weighs a good 50kg less,even more now i have upgraded the brakes.

CIMG5642.jpg
    DSCF0351Small.jpg

Thats a savage car.
    Would love to have one like that one day.
    Where do you get performance parts for Bora's and Golf's?
    Most of the car shops here in Limerick do just stupid rounded jap cans, which for sure woudn't look good on German cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

www.vagdrivers.net
    Would be a good start to get involved in, plenty of knowledgable VW info on there.

That car is some credit to you Shane, and your pocket haha

• Advertisement

Bobo78 wrote: »
    Thats a savage car.
    Would love to have one like that one day.
    Where do you get performance parts for Bora's and Golf's?
    Most of the car shops here in Limerick do just stupid rounded jap cans, which for sure woudn't look good on German cars.

I dont think ive ever bought a performance part in this country,for the brakes i went to ECStuning.com in the states,for the exhasut we had to go directly to milltek via AMD technik in london as the milltek don't make exhaust for this car anymore so we had to get a bulk order together consisiting of myself,6 or so guys in the uk and one guy in austrailia (thats how rare the are)

Most other bits i get from either ebay.de or a few VW sites in the states,luckily that car came with most of the mod cons on it so that saved me afew bob,i also had a few bits kept over from my old golf.

I dont think ive ever bought a performance part in this country,for the brakes i went to ECStuning.com in the states,for the exhasut we had to go directly to milltek via AMD technik in london as the milltek don't make exhaust for this car anymore so we had to get a bulk order together consisiting of myself,6 or so guys in the uk and one guy in austrailia (thats how rare the are)

Most other bits i get from either ebay.de or a few VW sites in the states,luckily that car came with most of the mod cons on it so that saved me afew bob,i also had a few bits kept over from my old golf.

Thats a pitty because i thought maybe when i save some money, maybe to buy Bora and do some subtle but nice mods so it would looke unique. Somethink like you did with your Bora.
    But it seems that, that would be a challenge now cause it just so hard to get the parts.

you can any part over the internet delivered to your door quiet easily and in most cases cheaper than over here,i just had a bit of trouble getting the exhaust due to the rarity of the car,im all for saving a few quid on my performance mods so when i go shopping for something thefirst places i look are germany and the states,esp with the euro so strong against the dollar.

If you have any questions or need help sourcing any parts for a bora if you do get one feel free to drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

some smashing cars here!

you can any part over the internet delivered to your door quiet easily and in most cases cheaper than over here,i just had a bit of trouble getting the exhaust due to the rarity of the car,im all for saving a few quid on my performance mods so when i go shopping for something thefirst places i look are germany and the states,esp with the euro so strong against the dollar.

If you have any questions or need help sourcing any parts for a bora if you do get one feel free to drop me a PM.

Thanks tossy;)

It will be a while before i save some money to buy Bora,
    but anyway i want to ask you is it hard to source full stainless steel system for Bora 1.6 and would it be expensive.

The standard 1.6 bora has turned down tips hidden behind the valance,so you would have to get an aftermarket one with exposed tips and buy a new 4motion rear valance from a dealers,the valance itself would be only 50 or 60 euro,not sure on exhaust really,i can't imagine there being a huge market for aftermarket exhausts for the 1.6 bora(at least not decent looking OEM ones) so you have to buy a similar golf one and get someone decent with a welder to make it a little longer for you.

Now to be honest there is not much point spending money on an entire stainless steel exhaust system for a 1.6,if i was you i would do what i did on my old TDI golf,i bought a rear 4motion valance,and then bought a set of stainless steel exhaust tips,i then brought it to a guy who was handy with a welder and steel and got him to cut off the existing tips and weld the stainless steel ones on,the result was it looked factory fitted but with zero performance gains which is exactly what you will get from spending alot more money on a full system,the exhaust tips were only 100 euro odd i think.

You could then put the money saved towards decent wheels or a coilovers/lower suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

dub_dan wrote: »
    IMG_2462.jpg

Me and some friends, mines the red one :)

Tuning Factory, up near Killeen Road?

Do the bonnet's on the Integra's open up that far normally^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Do the bonnet's on the Integra's open up that far normally^^^

yeh they do, there two ways you can put them up, like that or at a more normal angle, the more normal angle can be very restrictive though, it leaves the bonnet just hanging over my head and i'm only small

draffodx wrote: »
    yeh they do, there two ways you can put them up, like that or at a more normal angle, the more normal angle can be very restrictive though, it leaves the bonnet just hanging over my head and i'm only small

ROLF!

But seriously that's fairly handy to have, they must of known ye'd be fixing them the whole time

Should of bought a VAG:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

Gizmo with her new type r Spoiler.. :D
    20j4k9h.jpg
    2qn7al2.jpg

looks well amy, SSB FTW , The wheels look class on it any more plans? maybe some blue lock nuts for that JDM look??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

AmyG wrote: »
    Gizmo with her new type r Spoiler.. :D
    20j4k9h.jpg
    2qn7al2.jpg

FFS gimmie those wheels!!!!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ROLF!

But seriously that's fairly handy to have, they must of known ye'd be fixing them the whole time

Should of bought a VAG:P

Never! My Integra has 101k miles on it now and its never needed anything other than a new back box! :cool:

touch wood dont wanna talk too soon lol

projectgtr wrote: »
    looks well amy, SSB FTW , The wheels look class on it any more plans? maybe some blue lock nuts for that JDM look??
    haha she would look class with them i reckong, but engine conversion first thing. then worry about lil details i think!!!

@ Duff ha thank you, i love them, but have to part with them soon, so they may be yours if you like... :(

haha she would look class with them i reckong, but engine conversion first thing. then worry about lil details i think!!!

@ Duff ha thank you, i love them, but have to part with them soon, so they may be yours if you like... :(

:D, t'would be sweet a sweet winter rim for my ek9!..Let me know if you are selling anyways Amy!..what engine you stickin in her?? b18?:cool:

Duff wrote: »
    :D, t'would be sweet a sweet winter rim for my ek9!..Let me know if you are selling anyways Amy!..what engine you stickin in her?? b18?:cool:

man they are 4 stud your ek9 is 5 ;)

Why would you sell them amy? going with a 5 stud conversion with the engine upgrade?? are you going Bseries or give it a sprinkle of special K :D

Duff lets see the EK, maybe ive seen you about im up there all the time.

well if i can afford it id go b20, but at this stage hard to get a civic type r never mind anything else...

Yeah she needs 5 stud when im done with her...

post a pic there duff

sounds good amy, should make for some drive :D
    trying to decide whether to keep mine or sell it next year and get an s2000, need to decide on that before i start throwing money at the engine:D

right guys just wash mine so thought id post some pics of her clean(ish), trust me its a rare sight :rolleyes:

IMG_0292DesktopResolution.jpg

IMG_0293DesktopResolution-1.jpg

And the "i need a tripod shot" :o
    IMG_0285DesktopResolution.jpg

right thats enough whoring till i get some new bits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Gorgeous projectgtr....truly jealous here.

I'd do terrible..disgusting things for that car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

Here she is,

1988 BMW 318, plenty of work done to the engine, New purchase, delighted with it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=64633&d=1223635419

It's great to see functional mods triumph over tacky add on bits!
    Despite being two very different types of car, the hondas and 318 have quite a bit in common as well!

trying to decide whether to keep mine or sell it next year and get an s2000, need to decide on that before i start throwing money at the engine:D

right guys just wash mine so thought id post some pics of her clean(ish), trust me its a rare sight :rolleyes:

And the "i need a tripod shot" :o

Your car is sex on legs.. noticed the stickers there :D your user name same on there as here?

Love the sir project!:D

No pics of mine yet guys as I've only left a deposit on it so havent actually got it yet but on its ''Absolutlysideways'' from DTDs old ek9. MINTER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

project u from donaghmede or coolock or somethin.

tesco clarehall pics!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

spiderdan that is a fantastic example of a euro icon! kudos!!

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Gorgeous projectgtr....truly jealous here.

I'd do terrible..disgusting things for that car :D
    Thanks man, and i do...everyday :D
    Your car is sex on legs.. noticed the stickers there :D your user name same on there as here?
    thanks Amy but i have to say i wont buy a black car again eeevveeerr, well maybe an S2000 :o yeah im projectgtr there too, your little pic of gizmo gave you away ;) what your name again on dtd (pm me if you want)
    Duff wrote: »
    Love the sir project!:D

No pics of mine yet guys as I've only left a deposit on it so havent actually got it yet but on its ''Absolutlysideways'' from DTDs old ek9. MINTER!

thats one mint EK9 has never wanted for anything, you better keep it up, get some pics up when you get her
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    project u from donaghmede or coolock or somethin.

tesco clarehall pics!!

im out in meath myself but im originally from around there, perants still live there, you from around those parts??

spiderdan wrote: »
    Here she is,

1988 BMW 318, plenty of work done to the engine, New purchase, delighted with it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=64633&d=1223635419

just gorgeous man, fair play to you , not one thing i would change at all.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

sounds good amy, should make for some drive :D trying to decide whether to keep mine or sell it next year and get an s2000, need to decide on that before i start throwing money at the engine:D

Nahh don't waste your money doing up an SIR, it ill never be as quick or as classy looking as an S2000..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Mint bus!

Exact same car around my area (colour, alloys etc.) and I always find myself staring at it.

Is she limited?

And what are you considering doing to the engine?:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement