Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hmv

• 28-05-2008 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

Anyone here think that it should come to Ennis?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

personally, I think the day of the CD shop is coming to an end, most people will be getting what they want on line.

In Ennis, you have
      Record Rack. Roxy Records Xtra-Vision GoldenDisks Someone in Dunnes Dunnes Tesco
    off the top of my head all selling CDs/DVDs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Clareman wrote: »
    personally, I think the day of the CD shop is coming to an end, most people will be getting what they want on line.

In Ennis, you have
      Record Rack. Roxy Records Xtra-Vision GoldenDisks Someone in Dunnes Dunnes Tesco
    off the top of my head all selling CDs/DVDs
    Agree about the end of CD shops.

I refuse to pay their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Yup. Total rip off. I'd just like to see Record Rack and Custy's hang around because they've got lots of trad music nobody else stocks. The rest are unnecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yup. Total rip off. I'd just like to see Record Rack and Custy's hang around because they've got lots of trad music nobody else stocks. The rest are unnecessary.

I dont like the way record rack has gone in the last few years, i know the times are a changing etc, but they had loads of quality music. They still have some class metal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Record Racks definately not quite what it was. There seem to be less CD's in there now or something. Record shops in general have been deteriorating alot recently. I was in Zivago in Galway the other day (a big enough shop) and they've taken the hip hop out completely. The genres represented by 4 Tupac CD's.. humph. Sales rack was great though, picked up Humazi's album for 3 euro. That only came out a year and a half ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭midgetflynn

Personally I've never liked any of the music shops in Ennis,selection wise for CDs or DVDs.Nowadays I just go to XtraVision for DVDs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Its fairly bad when your going from shop to shop looking for a DVD and none of the shops have it. Theres no proper shop for CDs/DVDs in Ennis, xtra vision probably has the best selection for DVDs but its nothing to boast about.

Virgin Megastores is the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I'd just like to see Record Rack and Custy's hang around because they've got lots of trad music nobody else stocks.
    Like the Wolftones and the Clare Celts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

HMV in Limerick City is a complete rip off especially on foreign films. I paid €27 for a copy of 4 Months 3 Weeks and 2 Days.

Advertisement