Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonds with affordable housing

Options
  • 28-05-2008 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone can answer this.Im in my new affordable house 3month,and the plumbing isnt going to well.Now the builders are gone off site and I have tried to phone foreman but he never gets back to me.Does anyone know if they have to fix the problem or do I have to be out of pocket with a plumber.Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What is the nature of the problem?

They have to fix it. You will need to check your contract with the vendor (council or developer?) to see how long the need to fix problems. Usual is 1-2 years obvious (patent) problems. The are responsible for hidden (latent) problems for 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

It very much depends on the nature of the problem as to whether they have to come back to look at the plumbing.

If for example there are bad connections then obviously they would have to come back. If you're not getting any joy from the foreman get on to the head office.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks for the reply its just no hot water in my kitchen,I though I could fix it myself but Im no plumber.Oh well I have to wait and see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

That could be something as simple as a valve turned off. Is there any (cold) water from the hot tap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Generally builders take care of minor issues for 6 months after leaving the site and major problems for 12-18 months.

Contact the building firm - the foreman may no longer be responsible for that site

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 adam.number3

Might be no harm to cross post to Home & Garden-> DIY forum. Some of the guys over there might know more about air locks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Thanks for replys.There is water but its dribbling out of hot tap.Anyway the foreman rang today and said he can get a plumber out next week hopefully yippee :)

Advertisement