Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does imagine use pppoe

Options
  • 28-05-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭

as the title says anyone know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Yes. All the Eircom resellers use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

any chance ya know the default user name and password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The user name and password are user specific for all the resellers, this is how eircom differentiates between it's own customers, and those of other ISPs. As such, you should have set these up when ordering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

ok its not for me its somone i'm tryin to help set up their ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Their PS3 just uses Static IP or DHCP, not PPPOE as it only connects to the router part. You may want to create a DMZ on the router for the PS3 to avoid having to set up port forwarding for it.

Only the WAN part of the internals of the DSL Router needs PPPOE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

guil07 wrote: »
    ok its not for me its somone i'm tryin to help set up their ps3

Are you trying to connect using Ethernet or wireless? If wireless, then you need to know, or set, the access password on the router. If wired, then an ethernet cable to the router is just about all you need.

Advertisement