Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!

Options
  • 28-05-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Whats the story people! Just after some needed advice! I'm currently in 6th year and am contemplating put Arts at the glorious (and convinient to myself) UCD top of my CAO.

I wish to eventually go on to become a pilot, so it's more of a fact of wanting to get a good solid degree behind me before taking that risk!

What is the course like? And also,although this is more your opinion, how do you the think the points will go this year? They've decreased by 5 for the past 2 years I think and are at 345 at the moment?

Thanks for any help i may recieve, and best of luck in your exams if your doing them!

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

No matter what people tell you arts is not a waste of your time (so no glib jokes please). You know what you want to become, which is a good thing. In becoming a pilot mathematics is very important so you should probably study that, and you can do this as part of your arts degree. Another relevant subject would be Geography, map reading and topographical study would be easily transferable skills to become a pilot. In your arts degree you should study one of these subjects (or both) as well as subjects you want to do. Dont study something you think might be good for other jobs like economics, unless you love economics you may eventually drop out (I know loads of people who did this due to their loathing of economics).
    Dont know about the points but I hoped my advice was helpful.
    Good luck.

Advertisement