Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothes for work

• 28-05-2008 10:19pm

I'll be shopping in town/Dundrum this weekend and might pick up a few new things for work. Does anyone have any ideas of nice places to look? I work in a reception of a big company so it needs to be smart but doesn't have to be a suit or anything. I want something a bit nicer than the bog standard polyester black trousers etc, maybe some linen trousers or something, and some nice well cut tops, that wash well, etc. I love Monsoon but it's a bit out of my price range, I'd be looking for about 30-60 euro an item. I'm trying to stay away from A-wear, Penneys, H&M etc as the stuff seems to go out of shape after a few washes.

Also looking for some cute shoes, either flats or kitten heels, can pay up to 40-50e a pair. Would appreciate any ideas!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Zara and Next. Next also do a fairly decent range of work shoes.
    Oasis have some knitwear which is specifically for washing machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Dorothy Perkins do some smart work shirts and trousers. They're better quality than most shops in the same price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I swear I don't work there, but Zara do some nice work wear, I like Savida too. I got a couple of things in H&M recently that I really like and they washed fine. River Island have some nice shirts at the minute, fairly plain but easy to match up with different trousers and skirts and they're nicely fitted. New Look are good for footwear - leather shoes for only €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I got some lovely 50s style skirts in the Gap store in The Outlet in Banbridge for like 18 euros each and got 2 cardigans too. There's a Gap in Arnotts. The Savida trousers I find to be very good. I had a pair of black ones that I wore for 5 months in my last job and I had to wear them about 4 times a week so they definitely last. Cost me €40. Very comfy too.

I'm so lost as to what to wear to a job that I start in two weeks so I hope these are suitable! The dress code is "smart professional" but I was told the only rule really is no jeans. Any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Attol, that sounds fairly like my dress code, I usually wear shirts, smart tops or jumpers over trousers or skirts. I have a couple wrap around dresses too that I can wear with shoes or boots. I find it really hard to find pants to fit so I only have one pair that fit properly, I don't know what I'm going to do when I've worn them out (I'm surprised I haven't already :p). Oh to have a uniform...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 NYC Diva

Do you know where I've discovered recently for inexpensive but comfy shoes?

Wallis!

I had written it off as an older persons shop (still think I'm in my early 20s!) but have bought a couple of pairs of shoes there and everyone comments on them.

Plus they are comfortable to walk up and down grafton street!

It has a range of dresses for work - I'm a bit like you Pigletlover - I'm more skirts & dresses than trousers because of my shape (small waist, big bottom!)..
    A friend of mine constantly buys dresses in Principles aswell...good for work. And they are so easy to wear - no dilemmas as to what to mix and match!

Enjoy the shopping.

Advertisement