Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Article: Irish Air Corps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Great article - and great pics. I remember getting a tour of Baldonnel in 1979 and again in 1981. At the time the place was full of Magisters and I spotted an ancient Anson in one of the hangers. I remember a Puma on the airfield at the time in Aer Corp's colours but did we ever operate this type? Can't remember seeing Vampires there - they must have had a few still lying about in 1979 though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

dogmatix wrote: »
    . I remember a Puma on the airfield at the time in Aer Corp's colours but did we ever operate this type?

Yes Sir they did indeed Operate a Puma, here she is:

http://www.irishairpics.com/database/photo/1012114/

"Papa 242" served the Air Corps well during its brief lease. It was returned to Aerospatiale in Feb 83.

Advertisement