Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Limerick have a Marathon?

Options
  • 28-05-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭

Does Limerick have a Marathon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

no, limerick doesn't have it's own marathon. You would think it would. DUblin, Cork, Longford and even Clare have a marathon. Galway has Connemarathon which I ran myself in April. WOuld be handy if Limerick had marathon wouldn't have too be travelling all over the country !!!.. Come to think of it there isn't even that many 10K road runs...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 siouxie sue

Limerick has a ladies mini marathon in the UL every year. I think its usually on around October.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's a 10km run on December 26th every year between Caherdavin and Cratloe. Not what you're looking for, I know, but the only one I'm sure of in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

baza1976 wrote: »
    even Clare have a marathon.

Where's the Clare marathon?

the marathon in clare is held around the burren... I think it was on in may of this year if not it is deffo on in june...just google burren marathon

There are about 4 10k's in limerick over the year... UL run one in march.. there are 2 run over the xmas period which run from town to lisnagry(i'm not even sure if they are 10k) then the womens mini "marathon" i don't think that is half marathon (13 mile) i'm nearly sure it is a similar routeto the 10k that ul run ... but i could be wrong... besies that in limerick there isn't anyothers...is there??

there is a 10k in thurles on the 13/6/08..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

There is a 5 mile run from the Hunt Museum to the special needs school in Annacotty every Christmas day, there is a 10 mile run every St. Stephen's day.

There is the Plassey 10k and the Bilboa 10k (20th of June this year), there is also the women's mini-marathon in October.

I know Limerick AC are looking at setting up a run around the city, probably 8k or 10k, along the lines of the Streets of Galway.

I don't think there's really any need for another Marathon in Ireland, I'd be much happier with a decent 10k or 10 mile in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

I was talking to one of the organisers of the Corporate Games, and he was saying that they are looking into having one in future years when the Games are in Limerick.

I think there would definitely be enough room on the calendar for another marathon in Ireland - I think between January and March would be a good time to have it on.

don't think march would be a good month as connemarathon is on in march 09.. i think december or january woul be better.. tha would be between dublin in october and connemarathon in march...
    hey just a perception :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

I'd welcome a marathon or even a decent 10 mile race around the city. I doubt it would go well in the winter months, though, with the local weather.

Advertisement