Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low will you go?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I joined plentyoffish.com recently and I was checking out some of the other girls my age profiles. I was suprised how all of them where over the 5'11 mark,like myself. Infact every single womens profile between the ages of 24-30 the heights were 6'2 or 6'1.
    Obviosuly a lot of single tall ladies out there,I wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You know I always hear women complaining about how men are such bastards, but every time I walk into the TLL there's seems to be a thread criticizing the physical or mental attributes of men (for both circumstances within and out of their control). And these threads are often complimented by plenty of potshots. I think I'll leave you all to it from now on.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

my ex hubby was a little bit shorter than me, maybe like an inch, not a big deal:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭MeMyself&I

I'm quite tall - 5'8", so i wouldnt go out with a man smaller then 6ft.
    Nothing to do with the man himself, but i was always quite paranoid about my height (don't ask), so the height is my problem, but small men never seemed to approach me, always taller men, so i was never really in that situation.
    Im lucky my boyfriend now is 6'4" (rugby player :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I always thought Irish wimmens were shallow! If i said i wouldn't give a girl the time of day if she was ginger or fat, i'd be a complete man ba$tard. But you can refuse to look at me because i'm 5 8? Balls. (For the record, my fiance is 6 foot in bare soles, and gorgeous to boot.)
    I'd rather be my height, with character, than a big lump of man flesh with the personality of a shovel.
    Which you you have, two equally handsome men, one 5 8 with charm, the other over 6 foot, but thick as a country loaf?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I always thought Irish wimmens were shallow! If i said i wouldn't give a girl the time of day if she was ginger or fat, i'd be a complete man ba$tard. But you can refuse to look at me because i'm 5 8? Balls. (For the record, my fiance is 6 foot in bare soles, and gorgeous to boot.)
    I'd rather be my height, with character, than a big lump of man flesh with the personality of a shovel.
    Which you you have, two equally handsome men, one 5 8 with charm, the other over 6 foot, but thick as a country loaf?

QFT and spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 TomWH

Are the not so tall men destined for extinction? Is height more important than intelligence, honesty, loyalty good manners and all the other good virtues in human nature?
    Maybe I've got the answer there, it's just human nature!
    By the way I'm a single male measuring 176cm, does that measure up well for any intelligent lady?
    an interested observer
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Pinky Pixie

Anything over 5'7 is good for me and I'm 5'5( and a half...which is very important:p), but I have to say I do go for guys taller than me. It's not my only criteria but it is a box ticked...then again if the guy is funny and attractive height really doesn't matter. I kind of just see it in the same way I like brown eyes...and I would notice them more but if a guy with blue eyes came along I wouldn't dismiss him on a single trait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Sweetgirl

Anything over 5'7 is good for me and I'm 5'5( and a half...which is very important:p), but I have to say I do go for guys taller than me. It's not my only criteria but it is a box ticked...then again if the guy is funny and attractive height really doesn't matter. I kind of just see it in the same way I like brown eyes...and I would notice them more but if a guy with blue eyes came along I wouldn't dismiss him on a single trait :)

hey Pinky
    I have to agree height would be an important factor seen as Im 5'7 too, but if I got on realy well with the guy this could be over looked..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ah, I dunno. I'm 5'9" and I'd go out with a fella that's quite a bit shorter than me. Though saying that my boyfriend is about 6'5", but that was pure chance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Well if guys are giving out about this here you go then!

Would you go out with a girl who was way taller than you?

Personally I wouldn't like to go out with someone smaller than me coz i'm already small. Also I would NEVER go out with someone skinnier than me, purely because i'd feel like a heifer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Kimia wrote: »
    Well if guys are giving out about this here you go then!

Would you go out with a girl who was way taller than you?

Personally I wouldn't like to go out with someone smaller than me coz i'm already small. Also I would NEVER go out with someone skinnier than me, purely because i'd feel like a heifer!

I don't know too many girls more than 6 foot 2. :P

I think ruling out going out with someone purely because of their height is somewhat unfair, but hey, I won't give out to someone for that opinion if I'm allowed my own. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Alessandra wrote: »
    5'11 here, i wea heels a lot too. I get uncomfortable around shorter men but they're the ones who seem to go for me:confused:

Just to let you know, an awful lot of guys fantasise about tall girls.

I'm 6''6' (well almost) and I personally don't mind short girls or tall girls .I've gone out with both ,like Alessandra it's always shorter girls that I seem to end up with . Also in my experience I found that in clubs ,tall girls are nearly always swamped with blokes and they are nearly inaccessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Dublin_Andy

im 5'10 and i wouldnt mind a girl being an inch taller than me or so...

but preferably i like the girl to be shorter..

when you go out clubbin you meet these girls who are taller than you but most of the time when there heels come off they are alot shorter, especially if they are wearing like 6 inch heels..

but i suppose when your lying down height doesnt matter anymore lol :D

Advertisement