Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How low will you go?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Zulu wrote: »
    tisk, tisk, tisk ladies - you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

...and if you don't know why: replace the "man" for a "woman" and "short" for "fat", and see how you feel.

We're all the same height when we're lying down:pac:... except maybe those fat women that were mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this thread has been a real eye opener, didn't think women thought like that.

what's the quickest way to grow some inches :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Cremo wrote: »
    this thread has been a real eye opener, didn't think women thought like that.

what's the quickest way to grow some inches :eek:

Do what Bart Simpson did when he wanted to be fallout boy and tie a cat to your feet and a dog to your arms and get them to run away.

Foolproof!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

raemie21 wrote: »
    Feeling insecure there?
    OP, I would feel the same I think. I like height in a man, it's attractive and it helps that protective/hero notion!
    You have the right to seek what you like in a partner, it's not shallow at all. It's clearly something that bothers you and that's absolutely fine. Our physical attraction to the opposite sex is the whole package, not just the hair, chest, shoulders etc.

Would you say that if a guy said "I only like women who are size 8. Anything else is fat"?
    I doubt it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

When I was 16 I was around 5'10" and was going out with a girl who was 5'9, I never really thought about it but one of the first things I remember is a girl in her class coming up to us and saying "Wow Imogen, first time I've seen you with a guy taller than you".

Anyone here of these?
    Greatest height difference between a married couple When Fabien Pretou and Natalie Lucius (both France) walked down the aisle on April 14, 1990, they became the married couple with the greatest difference in height. He is 6 ft. 2 in. (188.5 cm) tall, while she is only 3 ft. 1 in. (94 cm)--a difference of 3 ft. 1.2 in. (94.5 cm).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

At 5 foot 0 inches, I've never been in the position of having to weigh up dating someone smaller than me. However I definitely do tend to prefer tall guys. Not that I don't admire any smaller men, more a case of "He's good looking.....pity about the height". It's definitely this feeling "protected" lark, but also, I just find tall guys attractive in general. Having said that, I hate when it's a complex for guys. I've only had one (semi) long term relationsip and he always described his height as 6ft ("5" 11' on a bad day").....I never disputed this because really, why bother, but he was definitely not 6ft...even his sister said so! I'm not great at judging height, but probably around 5 foot 10. Anyway, I'd prefer someone around 6foot height wise, though judging by responses here, tall guys won't go for shorties! Sniff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

I'm only 5ft 10in but I wouldn't like a girl who was only 5ft tbh. Works both ways I guess. For me she'd have to be between 5ft 4in & 5ft 8in.

Also, no fat chicks. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

...and if you don't know why: replace the "man" for a "woman" and "short" for "fat", and see how you feel.

You know I was going to come in with some remark about double standards, don't think I'll bother now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I don't think I've gone out with a girl who was less than 5ft 5 either (estimating obviously). Partly because I prefer height, partly because they can get away with some weight gain and still look good where the real short ones it becomes much more noticeable.

For the record my girlfriend is 5ft 9 and could "never" go out with someone shorter than her just to add another female opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

watna wrote: »
    Do what Bart Simpson did when he wanted to be fallout boy and tie a cat to your feet and a dog to your arms and get them to run away.

Foolproof!
    anyone got a lend of a cat and dog so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Point me to a man who can become taller through diet and exercise and I'll see the validity of your post.

Malari wrote: »
    Point me to a man who can become taller through diet and exercise and I'll see the validity of your post.

Point me to a fat person who wouldn't be offended if that was the stated reason you won't go out with them!

it's definitely possible to become taller through exercise:
    http://www.walktallshoes.com/grow-taller-exercises.html
    http://www.1growtaller.com/grow_taller_through_stretching.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

<<< will never again be duped into feeling guilty after this conversation with girl friends:

"what's he/she doing with her/him?! train wreck! :rolleyes:"

-"god ur so shallow! personality!!"

"http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=56079921&quot;

checkmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I'm only 5' (with my buffalos on!! :p), so I hardly ever meet a guy shorter than me. I can understand why girls can feel a bit odd if they're towering over a guy, although I think if 2 people get on, it shouldn't matter what height they are... Maybe it's easier said than done for me as i'm at the opposite end of the spectrum but I wouldn't not think about scoring a fella just because he was 6' and looks like a giant compared to me! It can only look silly if you make a big deal out of it.

miles teg wrote: »

yes, I'm sure that half centimetre will make all the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I'm confused, are you trying to sugest that it's ok to dismiss a person because of something they can do nothing about (height), but not something they can change but don't (weight)?

Wow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

hmmm tom cruise and his wife (have no idea what her name is)

my aunt is 6ft and her hunsband is 5ft 4

Point me to a fat person who wouldn't be offended if that was the stated reason you won't go out with them!

I didn't say anything about that. I think people rarely cite physical appearance as the reason they won't go out with someone TO the person. There are plenty of white lies available.

I just don't see physical preference as a problem.

yes, I'm sure that half centimetre will make all the difference

hey... I'm just telling you it's possible. If you want to be two faced about your posts, no concern to me

• Advertisement

I'm confused, are you trying to sugest that it's ok to dismiss a person because of something they can do nothing about (height), but not something they can change but don't (weight)?

Wow.

Yes, it's ok, as long as you don't offend the person. I'm saying weight and height are not interchangeable terms.

Saying you don't want to go out with an Asian person, say, because you don't really find their physical characters attractive is not a sleight on the Asian population in general. It is personal preference.

hey... I'm just telling you it's possible. If you want to be two faced about your posts, no concern to me

How am I being two-faced?

I don't get this protected things.
    Most all of the ladies have said that violence is wrong and skanky in all circumstances in another thread recently.
    When have you ever felt the desire to have a man protect you, that is relevant to his physical stature.
    Would you also find skinny, unfit or non-muscular men unattractive on the same basis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

PeakOutput wrote: »
    being taller rocks

i loathe being tall , im a little along with 6 ft 4 and never once in my life have i felt it to be an advantage where as the times it has been a problem are too numerous to mention
    as for being tall giving you an advantage with the ladies , well lets put it this way , id much rather be 6 inches shorter and a whole lot prettier , looks are what counts with women , not height,

also , i would never marry a girl who was above average height as our off spring would have to suffer with the affliction of being too tall

many in here have refered to methoods of increasing your height , how about some suggestiosn on how to reduce your length

How am I being two-faced?
    I gave evidence of the validity of a post which you asked for and then you just dismissed it... two faced imho

looks are what counts with women

That is really not true, women are alot more practical than that.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    That is really not true, women are alot more practical than that.

True! It's the thickness of your wallet and the amount of cards you have;)

I gave evidence of the validity of a post which you asked for and then you just dismissed it... two faced imho

OK, I don't dismiss what you say, I do think that height is not something that can be changed really dramatically though. That was my point. A guy who is 5'5" is not going to turn himself into a 6 footer through exercise.

OK, I don't dismiss what you say, I do think that height is not something that can be changed really dramatically though. That was my point. A guy who is 5'5" is not going to turn himself into a 6 footer through exercise.

very true... as i said before though, we're all the same height lying down and that's what counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I don't get this protected things.
    Most all of the ladies have said that violence is wrong and skanky in all circumstances in another thread recently.
    When have you ever felt the desire to have a man protect you, that is relevant to his physical stature.
    Would you also find skinny, unfit or non-muscular men unattractive on the same basis?

I'm about 5 foot 10, over six foot in heels (great if you're in a crowd!). I've just always felt that if I'm taller than a guy, its me whos the more manly than the guy! I like to have the guy hug me, not me hug the guy! I think it might be hard for guys to understand.

Advertisement