Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes for Look Keo Cleats

Options
  • 28-05-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just bought 2'nd hand road bike that came with a spare set of Look Keo cleats (as well as straps).

I want to buy a pair of shoes to use them and would prefer something that I can walk in - more like the MTB recessed style rather than lightweight racing shoes if possible. Is there any MTB style shoes that would fit Look cleats ?
    I'm not planning to do any racing but am starting to build up my distances.

Truthfully, I'm reluctant to use road shoes as I saw a rider fall down a flight of concrete steps on Saturday when his cleats slipped on the concrete.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

You can buy Keo cleats with covers that will protect the cleat and give you some grip while walking.

There are also Keo Grip cleats which have a non-slip part to help when you are walking. See http://www.lookcycle.com/products/?m=7&l=en

I do not think that any MTB shoes will work with Keo cleats. You could simply change pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Hello RedJeep!
    I recently bought a pair of recessed look shoes off ebay. I don't know what the model number is but attached is a pic of them. I'll have a google around to see if I can find what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Thanks both.

I'll have a look around for the shoes and if I can't find the recessed style get the covers.

Thanks again.

Advertisement