Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coppers- How old ya gotta be??

Options
  • 29-05-2008 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody knows if coppers id over 18's, or over 21's??

I ask because i know a girl who swears that every time she goes the limit is one year older than she is eg: last year she was 19, was told it was over 20's, this year @ 20 she is told its over 21's??

I used to do the door on a nightclub in town and iv never heard of any club anywhere bein over 20's?? I have also never heard of a club changing its age policy every year?? Boggles the mind i tells ya...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

you think she'd take the hint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

zAbbo wrote: »
    you think she'd take the hint?

oi, play nice!! thats my missus your talking about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Not older than 18 or under 40 from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Antithetic wrote: »
    Not older than 18 or under 40 from what I've seen.

Haha..... funny, but also very true...

Having worked the door of 3 clubs in Dublin, and drank myself stupid in most of them, i have to say your on the ball!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

foxerv1 wrote: »

I ask because i know a girl who swears that every time she goes the limit is one year older than she is eg: last year she was 19, was told it was over 20's, this year @ 20 she is told its over 21's??

I used to do the door on a nightclub in town and iv never heard of any club anywhere bein over 20's?? I have also never heard of a club changing its age policy every year?? Boggles the mind i tells ya...

i had the same problem and i lived beside the f****n place! but there are loads of places ober 20's flannerys and the palace in that area. i got in when i was 20 and they said over 21,so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there must be something wrong if she can't get into coppers with a valid id.

Cremo wrote: »
    there must be something wrong if she can't get into coppers with a valid id.

Indeed, this place is normally well easy to get into. I've fell into it a few times :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I think you can get in when your 17...

I've seen a few 18th birthday parts down here in the blue lagoon:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I've known people from 16 up to get into Coppers. They are notorious for letting anyone in, regardless of age or sobriety level. I've even been there once (a few years ago now) when one of the lads admitted to being younger than the minimum age, and he was hammered, and he still got in. So to be honest I've no idea why she's getting grief......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

OP,
    You'll probably get more responses for this question in any of the county forums, other than Dublin, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Blisterman wrote: »
    OP,
    You'll probably get more responses for this question in any of the county forums, other than Dublin, to be honest.

Amen, it's a bloody hell hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Coppers- How drunk ya gotta be??

Fixed that for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

18 years or older Id say. Though tbh to want to go there requirwes a mental age of seven.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

officially, it was 20s then they bumped it upto 21

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Passed it last night and there was lads who looked about 12 trying to get in not to mention a group of females drinking cans right outside of it and think they got in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

My secret coppers shame. I went there last weekend. Holy fu*k you conuntry bumpkins sure know how to party!! :p No seriously though...what a sh*t hole kip full of idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Surely she can tell they don't want to let her in so they lie about the age policy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

OP,
    Except the Cork one because Cork culchies have a pathological fear of not going home at the weekends, and they have the frightful Reardens/Havana Brown's - the Cork Coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

I've been reading a lot about this lost tribe that have been discovered in Brazil. The first thing they'll do when the whiteman eventually meets them is get concessions to go to Copper Face jacks along side the rest of the red faced men of the soil that frequent that kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

She probably looks like a scanger (to the door staff) and the lads use whatever's the first excuse to come to mind to knock her back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

the only requirement for coppers is to be so drunk that you dont realise you're going into coppers. she's not missing anything anyway, place is a kip, full of the type of ditchpigs that go to county colours nights

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I was there once years ago for about 20 minutes then i had to leave as the beer was the worst I ever tasted and some fat chicks were giving me and my mate stick because we weren't entertaining their efforts to talk to us that well. Next time I'm home should I check it out? Is it easy to pick up some willing slag in the place? Unfortunately they don't have places like that down here, but there doesn't seem to be as many ugly/desperate/drunk people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

OP,

:D

Does anyone actually know what Coppers looks like inside? It's been a few years since I was there but anytime I was I was always the drunkest I can be. Therefore, I have no idea what Coppers look like except that the toilet are at the back (hazy memories of stumbling there!)

I've never heard them say an age limit of anything other than over 18s. I believe underage people do go there regularly as well. Are you sure the girl in question doesn't look a bit dodgy?

Oh, BraziliaNZ. My OH does know some place in Wellington like coppers. He actually pointed it out to me and said that is the Wellington Coppers. You could make a special trip for a slag!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

i think i know the place, it's called dockers or something, never been. Girls in NZ are very insular and hard to get in their knickers. I only seem to get my leg over on foreigners.

Advertisement