Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concerned about making Job Seekers claim

• 29-05-2008 4:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Back a few years ago I was on Unemployment benefit and I used up my full claim which was about a year.
    At the time my stamps were running out they were warning me to sign up for the assistance but I never listened and assumed I'd have some sort of steady employment.
    Well two years later and I have had only sporadic work here and there.

I now need to go about going to the Welfare office to put in a claim for Jobseekers assistance.
    What do I need to bring with me?.
    I'm concerned about the means test.
    Will they be prying into my parent's business as I am living at home and and am 28?.
    What level of privacy invasion is involved with this means test?.
    Only 1 parent in the house so will that mean I may get a full claim?.
    Do they need to check your bank account etc.???.
    Could they say to me, you have been surviving well enough all along, were not giving you anything?.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

At 28 you won't be assessed with parents earnings.

Advertisement